Welcome To aBlackWeb

@Goldie you might have your wish...Verzuz: Teddy Riley vs Babyface

Who wins the battle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im only watching this shit on IG any nigga that decides to branch off aint getting no screen time from me and im pretty sure a lot of ppl feel the same way
True and all but TPain and Lil Jon peaked at like 250 k viewers....imagine if niggas charge just a dollar to watch....even if a 150k ppl aren’t fucking w that ....both artist can split 100k

True and all but TPain and Lil Jon peaked at like 250 k viewers....imagine if niggas charge just a dollar to watch....even if a 150k ppl aren’t fucking w that ....both artist can split 100k

In normal circumstances aight cool I guess. I still wouldn’t go about it that way but I’ll give you that.

but now, nah

A lot of the people in these chats lost jobs and shit is wicked in real life for them right now. Trying to monetize something that was for people to do/look forward to while being home 24/7 is wack. A dollar or not.

Shit is out of touch right now.

In normal circumstances aight cool I guess. I still wouldn’t go about it that way but I’ll give you that.

but now, nah

A lot of the people in these chats lost jobs and shit is wicked in real life for them right now. Trying to monetize something that was for people to do/look forward to while being home 24/7 is wack. A dollar or not.

I agree but like Erikah said musicians are out of work as and still providing entertainment a dollar ain’t much to ask

I agree but like Erikah said musicians are out of work as and still providing entertainment a dollar ain’t much to ask
she probably meant touring musicians, who make their money playing shows. a lot of these producers/songwriters aren't hurting for money, especially when some of them peaked decades ago when you could make a million selling albums.

Who passing up that money?
If they made a decent production of it then it could be worth it. but who's paying to watch 2 people play their own music on instagram?

It's easy to see opportunities to make money, but its not always worth it to do it. You gonna pay $10 a month to post on here? You gonna pay $15 a month to post on twitter? A lot of things could be monetized but a lot of popularity comes from being free as well.

If they made a decent production of it then it could be worth it. but who's paying to watch 2 people play their own music on instagram?

It's easy to see opportunities to make money, but its not always worth it to do it. You gonna pay $10 a month to post on here? You gonna pay $15 a month to post on twitter? A lot of things could be monetized but a lot of popularity comes from being free as well.
DJs djing on IG live getting wild donations right now

[/QUOTE]
This post doesnt even make sense. He honestly wants royalties and stream counts from him playing like 30 seconds to 1 min of his songs in a fun producer battle on IG? What in da hell. This IG battle was supposed to be about fun, it has shit to do with your fucked up contracts you keep signing with music labels.

His goofy ass is only thinking some short term gains for w/e tech company he invested in. Other people with way larger social media followings were promoting and creating hype for this battle for free. He could of then took that opportunity during the battle, to promote his app a few times, again for free. Now he gotta pay or beg people to promote it on their social media.

Also younger people were about to check this out, who arnt even familiar with him or with his music and he was about to get royalties from streaming, YT views and possible singles sales being bought. Now most of that is out the window because someone convinced him he can get the whole pie, even tho he doesnt have influence like that. Everyone is not about to stop using IG (That took years to get to what it is now), just cause he suddenly says "You gotta use this app if you wanna see me DJ battle". FOH old nigga, no one wanted to watch him enough to get and learn a whole new platform.

I bet when this shit flop, hes gunna say its cuz we dont support our own.

but now, nah

They're so out of touch and they want the attention, because some how in their mind, they fit the model of an average person struggling even tho what they're experiencing is usually an inconvenience at most.

In this country when you make(are worth) a certain amount of money, you mostly hanging around white people. Then most people start to adapt their toxic mindset/culture that they try and cover by saying "Its just business". IMO only white Americans think all business is good business.

Back