Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ghostface Doesn't pen His Own Raps, Fat Joe Snitching? Gay confessions n the breakroom?

One of tha funniest things in my life was 1 time my boy who was originally from Chicago moved down here…we ridin’ down 2notch cuz it had at least 6 fire ass strip clubs on it…headed to tha club we stop at a light and he looks out and sees some scantily clad “ladies of tha night” in front of a club…now I knew it was Columbia’s only “gay club” at tha time but he didn’t …Anyway he gets to “cat calling” one of’em from tha passengers window (I’m driving)…that muthafucka turned around and looked like Bokeem Woodbine…

I’ll never forget tha shear horror in my boys face when he said…and I quote “Oh fuck no…never mind nigga!! You a nigga!!” He’s waking towards tha car and my boy just keeps sayin’ “I said never mind nigga…you a nigga! Don’t come over here bruh!!”

Light turns green and he’s screaming at me to pull off but I can’t see cuz I have real tears in my eyes…he’s just getting madder and madder talking bout “PLEASE JUST GO MY NIGGA!”

:lol10: :lol10: :lol10:
Bokeem bruh! Got me in tears

Same. Many roast sessions in the school cafeteria. I remember one kid left crying because someone said he didn't know who his real dad was, and we all knew his mom didn't know and she was an OG thot.

But to everyone's point, words are words to me. I guess that comes from roasting and getting roasted as a youngster. I learned to not take that stuff personal. As soon as the roast session was over, we went back to chilling and hanging out.

Facts. You make it through that shit everyday of your school career, it'll be pretty much impossible for someone to hurt you feelings with words.

One of tha funniest things in my life was 1 time my boy who was originally from Chicago moved down here…we ridin’ down 2notch cuz it had at least 6 fire ass strip clubs on it…headed to tha club we stop at a light and he looks out and sees some scantily clad “ladies of tha night” in front of a club…now I knew it was Columbia’s only “gay club” at tha time but he didn’t …Anyway he gets to “cat calling” one of’em from tha passengers window (I’m driving)…that muthafucka turned around and looked like Bokeem Woodbine…

I’ll never forget tha shear horror in my boys face when he said…and I quote “Oh fuck no…never mind nigga!! You a nigga!!” He’s waking towards tha car and my boy just keeps sayin’ “I said never mind nigga…you a nigga! Don’t come over here bruh!!”

Light turns green and he’s screaming at me to pull off but I can’t see cuz I have real tears in my eyes…he’s just getting madder and madder talking bout “PLEASE JUST GO MY NIGGA!”

:lol10: :lol10: :lol10:

I ain’t supposed to laugh at this man lmao

I will sue you if you do that.
Walking in court with the ABW thread transcripts
tough-guy-mean.gif

Up north folks confuse me cuz it’s looked at up north more people are rude tougher exterior don’t take shit personal cuz everybody’s an asshole. Like the lox and diplomats battle I feel like coulda went left but it was explained that was regular nyc shit

but these are also stereotypes and everybody has a line. The nyc line is telling somebody suck my dick and mom jokes.

Facts. Leave moms out of it and we joking all day.

Pull a SMD and one of us gotta die

Facts. Leave moms out of it and we joking all day.

Pull a SMD and one of us gotta die

And for real I think I’m my dad time they ain’t do mama jokes he warned me about that early but school and context you know. But I’m not one of those people who don’t think about how other people react like if a migga wanted to throw hands I would completely understand

Ghostwriting as evolved. The goalpost has been moved.

The new unwritten rule is as long as we know you CAN write and HAVE written your own raps in general, its whatever. Shit happens in the studio

True.

This isn't like singers or vocalists.

Nobody cares whether they write their own songs or not.

All that matters is whether or not they can sing.

With rap/hip-hop............it's a different type of skillset.

A huge part of what determines whether or not someone is a good lyricist, is whether or not they write their own rhymes.

If someone's not writing their own rhymes...........then they're not a lyricist at all

The person who writes their rhymes is.

Can't take any MC seriously who doesn't write their own rhymes.

Worse than lip-synching.

Last edited:
True.

This isn't like singers or vocalists.

Nobody cares whether they write their owns songs or not.

All that matters is whether or not they can sing.

With rap/hip-hop............it's a different type of skillset.

A huge part of what determines whether or not someone is a good lyricist, is whether or not they write their own rhymes.

If someone's not writing their own rhymes...........then they're not a lyricist at all

The person who writes their rhymes is.

Can't take any MC seriously who doesn't write their own rhymes.

Worse than lip-synching.
Not in 2021

That's how it used to be

Back