Welcome To aBlackWeb

GHANA AND OTHER AFRICAN NATIONS WHO ENSLAVED AND SOLD BLACKS TO EUROPEANS TO FORMALLY APOLOGIZE

How can we unite with a whole other country when we can’t unite here?
I’m all for it but it takes a certain type of person and people to see this thru on both sides. Sadly the hurdle is always about the quick buck and what can I get NOW and tomorrow isn’t promised mentality.
mom working with people in Uganda and trying to bring people with me….and it all comes back to pay me today money on both sides.
and you are right, it’s so much out there that we are missing out on because we don’t trust each other like we should or try to get over or try to get more or be the top dog or to go even further, you support trump, you have no degree, or we disagree on non important shit,heated sport’ arguments or unnecessary aggression to not look weak. Then it’s peoples personal traumas that make them think a certain way and that everything is a shot at them or suspicious.
finding people who can get past personal shit or beliefs for the greater good is hard within our community.
There’s a lot of conversations that need to be had and a lot of fat that needs to be trimmed.

Very true. We gotta figure out a way to do it though because I where we will be in another 50 years at this rate. There a whole lotta work to be done and few wanna do it. It pisses me off. If as many ppl were willing to put in the work as there are ones the just complain about the way things are, we'd be running the world. I know I'm preaching to the choir on that one.

Interesting that you mentioned Uganda, I messed with a chick from there back in the day. She wanted me to visit after she returned home so bad but I was fucked up at the time and couldn't make the trip. We'd talk a lot about relations between them and us and there's a lot to work out. We have different cultures and have been disconnected for so long, but I think it's doable if we value our existence enough.

I think what it's going to take is like minded linking up and pushing through. We can't solve all the problems in our lifeteam, but we do have a responsibility to move that chains.

agreed and I feel u on the bolded

I've dealt with the same BS from trying to build with others my own age

but as I interact with some of the youngins I realize their potential

too many of us oldheads just dismiss them as soft and maybe not as engaged/aware

but I know my gen wasn't out here doing protests and taking a stand on shit when I was growing up............Gen Zers doing all that and even in many cases without our generation's (Gen X and Older Millenials) leadership

they doing it on their own and coordinating with SM on a level most cats my age and older don't even understand

if we could get them to see the idea of a Black Amazon, or a Black World Bank, or a Black expeditionary military force

we could really build Wakanda/Black Wall Streets in multiple places around the world

just gotta learn Spanish or French or both, and we could really link
See this what I’m talking about.
i love this idea. I thought of it as some May know but I never came from a multi language angle. That could definitely help and we could build faster.

So just finished up an interview for my Africana Studies course. The assignment was to interview an elder, on our history. I interviewed my mother in law.

Dope ass interview. She talked about how she was a part of an organization back in the day that sent 100k books to Africa. Said when they got to South Africa, the only book those kids had was the color purple. SMMFH!

Mind you, that effort was a coordination between their group, Walter Sisulu and the Mays Printing company here in Detroit. A black owned printing company started by a black man and still in business with his grandkids running it. Our elders have put in work, we gotta pick that damn ball back up and keep running!

Interesting. Let's see how this pans out. I will say that its way overdue and the only way Black people will ever gain any true wealth and justice is thru an alignment of the diapsora. Its too many of us to not have a strong Black Nation not to be fucked with. We can't keep fighting the global system of WS as splinter cells.

Problem is, most of these African nations still want to maintain the status quo.

Look at how they've let China come in and exploit the continent for it's resources...........in exchange for borrowing money from them???

If anything, it should be the other way around.

They should be taxing the hell out of China for giving them so much access to the continent.

Problem is, most of these African nations still want to maintain the status quo.

Look at how they've let China come in and exploit the continent for it's resources...........in exchange for borrowing money from them???

If anything, it should be the other way around.

They should be taxing the hell out of China for giving them so much access to the continent.

China huh?

You'd be surprised at how most of the most powerful countries on Earth including the United States is under the grip of China's financial might... That's why no country on Earth want any smoke with China

China huh?

You'd be surprised at how most of the most powerful countries on Earth including the United States is under the grip of China's financial might... That's why no country on Earth want any smoke with China

I know.

It's just that, with the U.S..............at least China is buying up property/companies with U.S. dollars.

And buying our debt by paying for U.S. treasury bills.........which, we in turn make interest payments to them in exchange for them doing that.

However, with Africa, it seems like some countries gave them access without China having to pay anything.

Now, I've heard it's in exchange for China building up Africa's infrastructure..............but it doesn't seem like an even exchange if African countries are getting in debt for China to do that.

An even exchange would be China getting access to the continent in return for building Africa's infrastructure.

Giving them access and paying them to build the infrastructure on top of that isn't an even exchange.

It's one-sided in China's favor.

Last edited:
I know.

It's just that, with the U.S..............at least China is buying up property/companies with U.S. dollars.

And buying our debt by paying for U.S. treasury bills.........which, we in turn make interest payments to them in exchange for them doing that.

However, with Africa, it seems like some countries gave them access without China having to pay anything.

Now, I've heard it's in exchange for China building up Africa's infrastructure..............but it doesn't seem like an even exchange if African countries are getting in debt for China to do that.

An even exchange would be China getting access to the continent in return for building Africa's infrastructure.

Giving them access and paying them to build the infrastructure on top of that isn't an even exchange.

It's one-sided in China's favor.

Europeans not only destabilized African clans with the slave trade... They also destabilized it with colonialism in various African nations heading into the 20th century...

My home country Nigeria is a prime example of a clusterfuck of instability because of British involvement

The bolded still highlights American dependence on Chinese financial aid...no matter how it's painted

As a BLACK man first and foremost...

And at my good old age and the years I existed on this Earth... I've grown to look at people especially Black people (character wise) individually ...

I'm off that pitting Blacks of certain nationalities and tribes eg Black Americans Vs Africans ... As an African... I can fucks with an Afro American more than a Black African depending on individual character and morals

Character is the objective for me now cos there's evil muthafuckas in every corner of this world even sometimes within your blood family...

The Rwandan genocide happened... There's is loads of inter and intra ethnic strife in the African continent... Decades of it

'Black on black crime' is a touchy subject in America from my time posting on these forums... But it's still a thing

A brotha on here recently shared his experiences visiting an African nation ... And that was refreshing to read

So for me it all comes down to individualism but also love of your racial background and history with the goal to achieve of some sort of unity against the almighty invisible White Supremacy...

I think we can start with not giving white people so much power.
second I think we need to change the term “white supremacy”
Things like this can create mental roadblocks

and the underlined is exactly why black people should be intent on partnering up

a unified black alliance is the only real threat to white supremacy

racism against black folks is a real problem worldwide.....and we keep purposely handicapping ourselves out of pride

eventually these rednecks gon try to take us back to the "good ol' days" where black folks "knew their place" SMH

there is a lot of opportunity that we are missing out on by not investing in each other

The whole race thing really is complicated. It's easier for us to understand because of how thoroughly racism and white supremacy were implemented in this country. The only other places that come close are like South Africa and Israel, and even those are very different. For example, black people are the majority in South Africa, so they have a power that we don't have in America.

All that said, the idea of racial solidarity is mostly bullshit. Black people been united. That's how our ancestors got sold as slaves in the first place. One group of Africans sold/traded another group of Africans. They didn't look at each other as fam. They saw each other as rivals and enemies. The same goes for white people. Euros fought each other all the time. There was no white unity until rich slave owners in America created the concept to maintain their wealth.

It would be nice for black people to all come together and fight for a common cause, but how realistic is that really?

Europeans not only destabilized African clans with the slave trade... They also destabilized it with colonialism in various African nations heading into the 20th century...

My home country Nigeria is a prime example of a clusterfuck of instability because of British involvement

The bolded still highlights American dependence on Chinese financial aid...no matter how it's painted

Thing is, contrary to what most people believe, China depends on us as much as we depend on them.

We depend on them to finance/purchase our debt...........they depend on us to buy their goods.

So, we're basically stuck with each other.

Because if China decides to call in and/or sell our treasury bonds..........then all the treasuries they hold would become worthless, and they wouldn't be getting any interest payments from us anymore as a result.

After that, our money would become virtually worthless...........and they wouldn't be able to sell their goods to us either.

Basically, both parties have something to lose if the other gets out of line.

That's not the case with Africa.

Everything seems to benefit China a lot more than it benefits Africa.

Last edited:
Thing is, contrary to what most people believe, China depends on us as much as we depend on them.

We depend on them to finance/purchase our debt...........they depend on us to buy their goods.

So, we're basically stuck with each other.

Because if China decides to call in and/or sell our treasury bonds..........then all the treasuries they hold would become worthless, and they wouldn't be getting any interest payments from us anymore as a result.

After that, our money would become virtually worthless...........and they wouldn't be able to sell their goods to us either.

Basically, both parties have something to lose if the other gets out of line.

That's not the case with Africa.

Everything seems to benefit China a lot more than it benefits Africa.

A lot of those African countries have the same problems dealing with China as the did dealing with Europe. They have corrupt politicians at the top that don't mind selling the counties out as long as it keeps them in a good position. There's also the fact that China does build up infrastructure (it needs to do that to fulfill it's own interests), but it doesn't do it in a way that really helps the African people (they bring over Chinese works to build and maintain that infrastructure instead of training and paying the Africans to do it. Ultimately, those African countries just need better advocates.

I think we can start with not giving white people so much power.
second I think we need to change the term “white supremacy”
Things like this can create mental roadblocks

It's real bro

I'm a Nigerian living in the United Kingdom...

The last Prime ministerial contest in Britain between an Indian guy and a White woman will tell you all you need to know...

That's why I used the term 'invisible' ...

Fuck their apology, in the great scramble for the Americas they loss and were subordinated to Europeans.

Them African nations fucking ruined, desecrated and the image of African people beyond repair.

Before the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, African descended people weren't considered subhuman, criminal, beast-like and sexually depraved.

African descended people had a good reputation. Shit, even the White folks that came to pick up the slaves were impressed by these fucked up African kings that thought owning and enslaving people was some birthright.

Slowly but surely, as these Europeans got richer and richer and they acquired more and more slaves, the opinions of African-descended people changed.

Every group of people were enslaved at one point, but nobody for rendered into a non-human being like we were.

Even into the mid 1800s they were still stuck on the fucking slave trade as the Europeans industrialized and no longer needed them. Shit, they would still be selling slaves if England didn't flex its power to stop it.

So motherfuck their apology. It's too fucking late. They need to run the fucking check they owe descendants of slaves and that's it.

Like Paul Mooney said, when other people got kidnapped and enslaved, which was common in those days, motherfuckers came and got their people. They made deals, did what they had to do.

The Slave Coast left us in the Americas to fucking die. Even more fucked up their descendants get to come to the USA and materially benefit off of our political struggle that they had no parts of. African immigrants weren't in the USA in large numbers during the Jim Crow. They came after.

2022, taking about sorry...400 years later. These motherfuckers so fucked in the head, when Haiti got their freedom, they didn't wake the fuck up. Haiti's revolution inspired slaves throughout the world and struck fear into the hearts of every cracker. Haiti even helped free Latin American colonies from Spanish rule.

These slave trading kingdoms continued as usual. Simon Bolivar, the liberator of Latin America, received help from Haiti under the conditions to abolish slavery in the new Latin American republic he would go on to found. Simon Bolivar didn't keep his promise and the international trade of slaves continued in Spanish speaking Latin America until the 1860s. Brazil and Cuba didn't abolish slavery until 1880s.

Their ancestors had their chances to redeem themselves throughout history by action. Unless they are gonna attempt to repair the damage their ancestors caused, not only to descendants of slaves, but to themselves, they can get the fuck outta here.

Hindsight is 20/20 and some our ancestors participated in it and captured children of other enslaversfor payback. So all in all shit was a mess for real.

Hindsight is 20/20 and some our ancestors participated in it and captured children of other enslaversfor payback. So all in all shit was a mess for real.

Even this framing is misleading though. A lot of people think the African part of the slave trading started with the Europeans. It didn't. If you back at the great West African empires, their primary exports were basically gold, salt, and slaves. That preceded the European slave trade. What's kinda missed is that the Africans were doing the same things they had always done right or wrong. Enslaving and trading away convicts, prisoners of war, political rivals, etc... was just part of the culture. They didn't know how bad it would be for the people coming to the Americas.

The whole race thing really is complicated. It's easier for us to understand because of how thoroughly racism and white supremacy were implemented in this country. The only other places that come close are like South Africa and Israel, and even those are very different. For example, black people are the majority in South Africa, so they have a power that we don't have in America.

All that said, the idea of racial solidarity is mostly bullshit. Black people been united. That's how our ancestors got sold as slaves in the first place. One group of Africans sold/traded another group of Africans. They didn't look at each other as fam. They saw each other as rivals and enemies. The same goes for white people. Euros fought each other all the time. There was no white unity until rich slave owners in America created the concept to maintain their wealth.

It would be nice for black people to all come together and fight for a common cause, but how realistic is that really?

bruh based on some of ur posts I get the impression that u don't think too much of Black people's collective capabilty 🙁

to ur question @ the underlined........what is the alternative if u don't believe global unity is realistic?

do u think it's the natural order for black people everywhere to be on the bottom?

and no I don't think we will be on some natural kumbaya shit everywhere and black people will never have disagreements/conflicts/different views ever again

but I think black people being able to act in their own best interest is very realistic..........investing and building up our own is in our collective interests

how hard would it be to shop on Black Amazon for the same shit on the current Amazon if we knew it directly benefitted people just like us

how hard would it be to invest in a Black stock exchange when most of us currently don't invest at all, especially if the investments were cheaply priced in comparison to what's available now elsewhere

we can't even implant these ideas in our children cuz doubters/naysayers are so quick to say negative shit before we even try to get anything started

SMH I bet there were plenty slaves back in the day also wondering if freedom was realistic whenever cats started talking about rebellion

bruh based on some of ur posts I get the impression that u don't think too much of Black people's collective capabilty 🙁

to ur question @ the underlined........what is the alternative if u don't believe global unity is realistic?

do u think it's the natural order for black people everywhere to be on the bottom?

and no I don't think we will be on some natural kumbaya shit everywhere and black people will never have disagreements/conflicts/different views ever again

but I think black people being able to act in their own best interest is very realistic..........investing and building up our own is in our collective interests

how hard would it be to shop on Black Amazon for the same shit on the current Amazon if we knew it directly benefitted people just like us

how hard would it be to invest in a Black stock exchange when most of us currently don't invest at all, especially if the investments were cheaply priced in comparison to what's available now elsewhere

we can't even implant these ideas in our children cuz doubters/naysayers are so quick to say negative shit before we even try to get anything started

SMH I bet there were plenty slaves back in the day also wondering if freedom was realistic whenever cats started talking about rebellion

I think it's more realistic for black people wherever they are to focus on trying to come together in that place and effect change.

For example, Black Americans need to worry about Black Americans. It's nice to want to link up with Black people from the Caribbean or from Africa or from Eurpoe, but the reality is they don't think like us. They don't think of us the way we want them to. They don't look at the world the way we think they should. We're different. Instead of us trying to force our world view on them and getting into these diaspora battles because we all have different perceptions, we should instead focus on finding other black people with like minds, building that collective, and making the changes we can.

No I don't think black people need to be on the both everywhere. I just also know that black people aren't a monolith and some black groups will have differences that divide them so greatly that they might not be able to cooperate on any meaningful level.

Damn
So much heat here. Imma let it cook for a bit before i respond.
Cotdamn

I like the dialogue in here. We gotta have more of these type discussions as a people

I definitely agree with two things that's been mentioned recently:

1. We have to unite here first, as well as other Black people in their cities/countries
2. There's a disconnect between Black across the globe. We do have different cultures and background, and some grievances with one another that need to be resolved.

Both of these are doable in my opinion. For one, when it comes to unity here, it's going to come down to the people who want better and are willing to do the WORK to get better, will have to link up and push forward. Some are just gonna be left behind and we have to accept that. In line with coming together, I think the brothas have to get on the same page first. We gotta hash out a lot of shit and get to a place where we uplift each other. There's a dire need for our young boys to see structure and discipline. We should be linking up more and building that across the country.

The 2nd goes hand in hand with some are just going to get left behind. There's a lot on both sides, Africa and the diaspora, that have ill feelings. I get everything has never and will never be 100% to the good, but we can get to a place where a large enough percentage is working together that it makes a big impact.

Back