Welcome To aBlackWeb

GHANA AND OTHER AFRICAN NATIONS WHO ENSLAVED AND SOLD BLACKS TO EUROPEANS TO FORMALLY APOLOGIZE

it's too easy to flip the finger at others who look like us, but meanwhile black americans still fighting for reparations from crackas and accepting all types of abuse just to continue to mingle and live with whites SMH
Exactly

this here........

reconciliation amongst black people globally has to start somewhere

mofos casually dismissing apologies are not considering the bigger picture

it's too easy to flip the finger at others who look like us, but meanwhile black americans still fighting for reparations from crackas and accepting all types of abuse just to continue to mingle and live with whites SMH

hard to ask for reparations from continental africans when they've been exploited just as bad or worse

Not to mention this isn't the first time African countries have tried reached out, even as they were fighting for their independence in the 50s and 60s. Same with our beloved Dr. King and Brother Malcom, they support the idea of global Black unity. The problem is everytime an attempt happens, the colonizers step in and break it up. They know how dangerous Black unity is. It would dismantle their whole shit.

The first step in correcting a wrong is to admit it. We can and should have an honest discussion about what happened, how it affected us and formulate a plan to fix it. Meanwhile, this country ain't apologized for shit and never will.

Bottom line, those our people. Some of them fucked us over (see woman king) but if African countries are sincerely willing to take the steps to right those wrongs, with tangible support, it's in our best interest to be open to accepting it. From a purely strategic standpoint, having a Black Nation backing us and other Black people would be huge in the global political realm.

I wonder if these offers are targeting places like the Caribbean and Latin America.
all slaves didn’t go to just the US

I ain't here for the apology. Ghana I do believe a few years ago were offering black americans some form of citizenship though. I read about it then but forgot the details of the offer.

Some thing about this just doesn't feel right. Can't place it yet but I know I don't like it. That might change but right now I ain't fucking with it.
Yeah it was called the Year of Return 2019 to commemorate the first slaves that went Hampton Virginia 400 years ago.
Ahh yes, their marketing ploy started by I believe their tourism board to get dollars out of black american tourist.

From what I read it was open to anyone and not us specifically. Plus it’s about bring the money.
They understand that some black Americans are looking to belong. They understand how to play on our heart strings. That’s why the slave quarters tour is done the way it’s done and it passed me off.
Id change my tune if they are ok taking the unemployed and those without long term finances.

I already posted about this a few years back but, no one really cared. The dont want black americans to stay, they want us to go there spend money then leave.
Thats what everyone once in a while you see a bunch of shit get posted all at once from no name bloggers about how great Ghana is and black americans should just go there. They pay to get those written and posted. And ToneTalks exposed how they barely approve of foreigners seeking citizenship.

Ahh yes, their marketing ploy started by I believe their tourism board to get dollars out of black american tourist.

I think that makes it look a little more negative than it was though. While I believe they were trying to make money, I don't think it was completely about exploiting black americans. From what I've read they've been more than willing to partner with black americans in the endeavor. Investing in Africa actually isn't a bad idea for black americans with money. The Western Coast of Africa is pretty undeveloped when compared to beach front property everywhere else in the world. You can actually get a lot of land right on the beach for dirt cheap in a lot of those countries. Imagine if black investors came together and started building resorts in Africa. It's something that could pay off both for black americans and the Africans.

"Sorry."

Meanwhile to this day partying, drinking, celebrating, laughing like all is good...while also everyone still benefit currently (black people the least of which) off this single global event, as if they deserve it.

Not to mention this isn't the first time African countries have tried reached out, even as they were fighting for their independence in the 50s and 60s. Same with our beloved Dr. King and Brother Malcom, they support the idea of global Black unity. The problem is everytime an attempt happens, the colonizers step in and break it up. They know how dangerous Black unity is. It would dismantle their whole shit.

The first step in correcting a wrong is to admit it. We can and should have an honest discussion about what happened, how it affected us and formulate a plan to fix it. Meanwhile, this country ain't apologized for shit and never will.

Bottom line, those our people. Some of them fucked us over (see woman king) but if African countries are sincerely willing to take the steps to right those wrongs, with tangible support, it's in our best interest to be open to accepting it. From a purely strategic standpoint, having a Black Nation backing us and other Black people would be huge in the global political realm.

and the underlined is exactly why black people should be intent on partnering up

a unified black alliance is the only real threat to white supremacy

racism against black folks is a real problem worldwide.....and we keep purposely handicapping ourselves out of pride

eventually these rednecks gon try to take us back to the "good ol' days" where black folks "knew their place" SMH

there is a lot of opportunity that we are missing out on by not investing in each other

and the underlined is exactly why black people should be intent on partnering up

a unified black alliance is the only real threat to white supremacy

racism against black folks is a real problem worldwide.....and we keep purposely handicapping ourselves out of pride

eventually these rednecks gon try to take us back to the "good ol' days" where black folks "knew their place" SMH

there is a lot of opportunity that we are missing out on by not investing in each other
How can we unite with a whole other country when we can’t unite here?
I’m all for it but it takes a certain type of person and people to see this thru on both sides. Sadly the hurdle is always about the quick buck and what can I get NOW and tomorrow isn’t promised mentality.
mom working with people in Uganda and trying to bring people with me….and it all comes back to pay me today money on both sides.
and you are right, it’s so much out there that we are missing out on because we don’t trust each other like we should or try to get over or try to get more or be the top dog or to go even further, you support trump, you have no degree, or we disagree on non important shit,heated sport’ arguments or unnecessary aggression to not look weak. Then it’s peoples personal traumas that make them think a certain way and that everything is a shot at them or suspicious.
finding people who can get past personal shit or beliefs for the greater good is hard within our community.
There’s a lot of conversations that need to be had and a lot of fat that needs to be trimmed.

Plus we need to understand networking and social capital and why developing relationships is more important and needed to execute plans than just the financial side of things.
You done got me started…..

I’m all for it but it takes a certain type of person and people to see this thru on both sides. Sadly the hurdle is always about the quick buck and what can I get NOW and tomorrow isn’t promised mentality.
mom working with people in Uganda and trying to bring people with me….and it all comes back to pay me today money on both sides.
and you are right, it’s so much out there that we are missing out on because we don’t trust each other like we should or try to get over or try to get more or be the top dog or to go even further, you support trump, you have no degree, or we disagree on non important shit,heated sport’ arguments or unnecessary aggression to not look weak. Then it’s peoples personal traumas that make them think a certain way and that everything is a shot at them or suspicious.
finding people who can get past personal shit or beliefs for the greater good is hard within our community.
There’s a lot of conversations that need to be had and a lot of fat that needs to be trimmed.

well SM is a start and an advantage for us.......our OGs were able to link w/o SM pre-civil rights and look at what they were able to achieve

we actually have shit like Whatsapp and other ways to instantly communicate across the world

but it starts with a culture shift directed at our youngins......it might be too late for the oldheads like myself

but these Gen Zers impress me with their skepticism of old white people.......they see thru the bullshit and we should be empowering them

but because we've been raised to embrace division, we're now passing it to our kids

seeing a black person struggling financially anywhere should make us all feel a way knowing this capitalism shit was specifically designed for a group to be on the bottom........and black folks have been chosen by the rest of the world to be the bottom tier

only way for us to push back is to link up

I ain't here for the apology. Ghana I do believe a few years ago were offering black americans some form of citizenship though. I read about it then but forgot the details of the offer.

Some thing about this just doesn't feel right. Can't place it yet but I know I don't like it. That might change but right now I ain't fucking with it.

Probably a fake apology to drum up tourism

I feel like y’all be thinking folks just as Americans going to naturally align on every issue that’s impossible and nobody does that. We don’t all have to agree to be unified

well SM is a start and an advantage for us.......our OGs were able to link w/o SM pre-civil rights and look at what they were able to achieve

we actually have shit like Whatsapp and other ways to instantly communicate across the world

but it starts with a culture shift directed at our youngins......it might be too late for the oldheads like myself

but these Gen Zers impress me with their skepticism of old white people.......they see thru the bullshit and we should be empowering them

but because we've been raised to embrace division, we're now passing it to our kids

seeing a black person struggling financially anywhere should make us all feel a way knowing this capitalism shit was specifically designed for a group to be on the bottom........and black folks have been chosen by the rest of the world to be the bottom tier

only way for us to push back is to link up
You are 1000% right.
But as maybe an older head….I’m tired.
been in many groups, tried to do all I could to empower and take a back seat to allow whoever to steer the ship and stay in a support role.
it always comes back to bullshit, ego and pride.
I’m not to the point of giving up yet but the few youngins under give me hope and see the vision. We gotta start doing right by them and showing them that this street shit and division by the block aint whats up. Also that building takes time. And it’s not always gonna work or not going to work for years. Or maybe not work in that location.
We should speak about our failures as well as successes. Sponsor trips to show they the world. Sponsor speakers. So much needs to be done…..so much can be done but who’s gonna do it?
Man this convo needs to be had.

I feel like y’all be thinking folks just as Americans going to naturally align on every issue that’s impossible and nobody does that. We don’t all have to agree to be unified
But that’s apart of the issue.
we don’t have to all agree on everything.
Yet it creates tension.
It should always be about the bigger picture

But that’s apart of the issue.
we don’t have to all agree on everything.
Yet it creates tension.
It should always be about the bigger picture

It is but like I said we can all agree but in some groups some people not gonna bend if they ain’t being heard. Y’all often say black women were used against black men to create division but won’t address why it was so easy for that division to be created. Women don’t want to have our back if they feel we don’t have theirs. And that’s just for anybody. Don’t mean we gotta see eye to eye but equity

Before the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, African descended people weren't considered subhuman, criminal, beast-like and sexually depraved.

You forgetting the Arab slave trade. The Fatimids referred to us as "people of black color, flat noses, kinky hair, and little understanding or intelligence."

it's about survival tho

and @The Mad Titan already said it about how colonizers keep us divided on purpose

mofos from other groups share just enough to make us feel like we don't need to build our own (specifically white people)

they've already colonized black people mentally and spiritually

meanwhile asians play the fake submissive role here in America while quietly taking over......they even managed to have the highest personal income while manueuvering around white people by pretending to support WS

whole time Asians are stacking their bricks literally and figuratively

for black people we been pawns, we celebrating minor wins like having a black "owned" bank that is only allowed to exist on a white owned banking network

but what if we had a marketplace like a Black version of Amazon?

what if we had a consolidated military force to support crises when Black folks need help (like Rwanda, or Haiti, or even Hurricane Katrina, or the Ukraine evacuation)?

it can be done just like when our ancestors were trying to build the Black Star Line.....we just got to mentally refocus on the fact that unless we want our kids and grandkids to keep living on the bottom, global unity is our only real answer

You are 1000% right.
But as maybe an older head….I’m tired.
been in many groups, tried to do all I could to empower and take a back seat to allow whoever to steer the ship and stay in a support role.
it always comes back to bullshit, ego and pride.
I’m not to the point of giving up yet but the few youngins under give me hope and see the vision. We gotta start doing right by them and showing them that this street shit and division by the block aint whats up. Also that building takes time. And it’s not always gonna work or not going to work for years. Or maybe not work in that location.
We should speak about our failures as well as successes. Sponsor trips to show they the world. Sponsor speakers. So much needs to be done…..so much can be done but who’s gonna do it?
Man this convo needs to be had.

agreed and I feel u on the bolded

I've dealt with the same BS from trying to build with others my own age

but as I interact with some of the youngins I realize their potential

too many of us oldheads just dismiss them as soft and maybe not as engaged/aware

but I know my gen wasn't out here doing protests and taking a stand on shit when I was growing up............Gen Zers doing all that and even in many cases without our generation's (Gen X and Older Millenials) leadership

they doing it on their own and coordinating with SM on a level most cats my age and older don't even understand

if we could get them to see the idea of a Black Amazon, or a Black World Bank, or a Black expeditionary military force

we could really build Wakanda/Black Wall Streets in multiple places around the world

just gotta learn Spanish or French or both, and we could really link

Back