Welcome To aBlackWeb

Gaming News, Announcements, Trailers etc.

PS6 shouldn't even be a thought right now
Back to a previous convo..how long do you want the ps5 to be out?

Every PS release has been 6 years apart except PS3-4 which was 7 years

It’s about to be year 4

You want the 5 to have a pro version in starting in year 5 or 6?

Back to a previous convo..how long do you want the ps5 to be out?

Every PS release has been 6 years apart except PS3-4 which was 7 years

It’s about to be year 4

You want the 5 to have a pro version in starting in year 5 or 6?
Doesn't need to have a set timeframe for each console. That's how you get bad quality IMO. Just look at the games that come out annually

I don't think a new console needs to come out really until there's a glaring new tech that needs to be added. Like blu ray, 4k, VR, etc

Doesn't need to have a set timeframe for each console. That's how you get bad quality IMO. Just look at the games that come out annually

I don't think a new console needs to come out really until there's a glaring new tech that needs to be added. Like blu ray, 4k, VR, etc
Can’t see how console makers would want their technology to lag behind that much by waiting a decade to release a console for example

PCs and Microsoft

Stronger Components that make up consoles being developed

That’s like suggesting that phone manufacturers wait longer to put out a phone
Consoles will always be behind PC. That's not going to change

It wouldn't be a bad thing for phone manufacturers to wait a few years since a lot of times the tech isn't worth paying for the new phone after a year difference

Consoles will always be behind PC. That's not going to change

It wouldn't be a bad thing for phone manufacturers to wait a few years since a lot of times the tech isn't worth paying for the new phone after a year difference

That’s not the point I’m making really

You’re increasing the gap between console and PlayStation even more which isn’t ideal

Let’s see what happens if Samsung goes 5 years between phone releases while Apple continues yearly drops

That’s not the point I’m making really

You’re increasing the gap between console and PlayStation even more which isn’t ideal

Let’s see what happens if Samsung goes 5 years between phone releases while Apple continues yearly drops
My main point is there doesn't need to be a set time frame for releases. A lot of times the tech hasn't advanced enough for a new product. So they're just releasing a product with minor upgrades

So my question is what would the PS6 have that would entice people to purchase it? What new tech could it have? Better video card and faster processor but you still wouldn't experience it because they'd still support PS5 games like they're doing for PS4 games

My main point is there doesn't need to be a set time frame for releases. A lot of times the tech hasn't advanced enough for a new product. So they're just releasing a product with minor upgrades

So my question is what would the PS6 have that would entice people to purchase it? What new tech could it have? Better video card and faster processor but you still wouldn't experience it because they'd still support PS5 games like they're doing for PS4 games
I’m not saying there should be a set time I only said that for context and for expectations

It doesn’t even make sense to work on the pro for an almost 2025 drop and then let the PS5 ride for what would you say is long enough to justify the pro? 3 more years?

I wouldn’t even release a PS5 pro as the circumstances made it not really viable this cycle

Obviously I can’t answer your other question about technology on their end to put in a PS6 in the future lol

I’m not saying there should be a set time I only said that for context and for expectations

It doesn’t even make sense to work on the pro for an almost 2025 drop and then let the PS5 ride for what would you say is long enough to justify the pro? 3 more years?

I wouldn’t even release a PS5 pro as the circumstances made it not really viable this cycle

Obviously I can’t answer your other question about technology on their end to put in a PS6 in the future lol
I don't think a pro version should happen anytime soon. I think they should stop supporting the PS4 and stick strictly to the PS5

You should be able to guess lol the big thing back when the PS3 came out was the new leap in resolution and it was the debate about bluray vs HD disc I think

I'm not sure what thing now besides VR because I haven't kept up with new tech lately

I don't think a pro version should happen anytime soon. I think they should stop supporting the PS4 and stick strictly to the PS5

You should be able to guess lol the big thing back when the PS3 came out was the new leap in resolution and it was the debate about bluray vs HD disc I think

I'm not sure what thing now besides VR because I haven't kept up with new tech lately
I wouldn’t even drop a pro version but yes I agree they need to hurry up and stop supporting the ps4 but I can also maybe think that they maybe thought of if they drop support that might push people to Microsoft or PC a tad bit from having a bad taste in their mouth

I don’t know too much about graphics cards and chips and shit so I can’t speak on that aspect

I’m just speaking from the perspective that tech advances and a company can not just let hardware be used for 7-8 years without releasing something new

Who wants to play games on tech that was developed in 2018-2019 in 2028? Lol

I wouldn’t even drop a pro version but yes I agree they need to hurry up and stop supporting the ps4 but I can also maybe think that they maybe thought of if they drop support that might push people to Microsoft or PC a tad bit from having a bad taste in their mouth

I don’t know too much about graphics cards and chips and shit so I can’t speak on that aspect

I’m just speaking from the perspective that tech advances and a company can not just let hardware be used for 7-8 years without releasing something new

Who wants to play games on tech that was developed in 2018-2019 in 2028? Lol
Video card and processor will always be changing. It's easier with a PC to keep up to date. The console is also different because a game developer will design the game specifically for everything in the console

Games haven't really peaked or taken advantage of the tech from 2018-2019 because it's being slowed by the PS4

Video card and processor will always be changing. It's easier with a PC to keep up to date. The console is also different because a game developer will design the game specifically for everything in the console

Games haven't really peaked or taken advantage of the tech from 2018-2019 because it's being slowed by the PS4
Yeah I agree to both points

Just waiting longer than usual I don’t think is beneficial to Sony

Looks like shit still

Multiversus was the best effort but even that was a huge fumble

Make a new Sony all stars game

Last edited:
Back