Welcome To aBlackWeb

Future & Mumble Rap's Ironic Origin

A lyrist alone is not a musician.

In order to be a musician you have to either play a musical instrument. Sing in key. Or keep time as a percussionist.

You can present an argument for rapping on beat, but even a great rappet can't be considered a genius if they aren't a complete master of several areas...

It's not that we're undervaluing hip hop, you're just completely undermining what it takes to be considered a musical genius... You have to be a virtuoso in several areas... Having a nice flow and lyrics ain't cutting it

That's the issue here, yall don't wtf yall talkin about lol

Music does not need instruments or a beat for that matter for it to be music, acapella is a form of music.

But in order to be a genius you have to be a virtuoso...

There's a huge difference between someone who can sing their ass off , and a virtuoso...

And even a virtuoso isn't a musical genius if they have only mastered one area of music...

You are handing out the title of genius too lightly.... I don't know if being a musical student makes me set the bar for genius too high, but if you giving it to future or a rapper who doesn't even produce tracks sets the bar too low...

But the argument is clearly where the bar is set.... You questioning people hip hop knowledge for a debate, I question musical knowledge when handing out the title musical genius

Geniuses bring about new advancements in a particular domain josh.

So yesssssssss, revolutionary, innovative work is one of the qualities of a musical genius.

Does future make good music? Yes.

Is it groundbreaking? Fuck no.

BB king revolutionized blues music. He was one of the few artist that brought it mainstream in the 70s. He's also a self-taught guitarist. I mean the man SHAPED MODERN ROCK AND ROLL. He's a musical genius.

The stones invented the fundamental axis of rock and roll:
-sexy singer
-sexual object and shaman
-charismatic guitarist
They changed the whole face of rock and roll!!!

Future gave you march madness and Tony montana and now he's a musical genius?

Even his beat selection isn't revolutionary.
His style, his flow, I mean come on.
BB king revolutionized blues music. He was one of the few artist that brought it mainstream in the 70s. He's also a self-taught guitarist. I mean the man SHAPED MODERN ROCK AND ROLL. He's a musical genius.
I could replace bb with buddy guy, muddy waters, jimmy reed or chuck berry and nothing would change. I could see if you mentioned hendrix since he changed the modern guitar was approached but bb isn't that exceptional compared to his contemporaries.

The stones invented the fundamental axis of rock and roll:
-sexy singer
-sexual object and shaman
-charismatic guitarist
They changed the whole face of rock and roll!!!
Notice none of these attributes have anything to do with music, it's a aesthetic, the beatles comparatively were more revolutionary sonically than the stones. The stones know how to make a good song no doubt, they wouldn't be able to play the stadiums that they do if they didn't. But that supports my argument on future, being a songwriting genius or a trap genius, name the only solo artist in the genre with continued success is gucci and when has he had a big song without a feature?

You're a musical student but thought that u need instruments to make music?

:idkb3:

You can keep wacking me, but cant provide any strong evidence to defend your stance lollll? I guess your transaction is void and weak bullets are invalid.
tenor.gif

You're a musical student but thought that u need instruments to make music?

:idkb3:
Dawg,, I'm not claiming to be a musical genius myself, I'm just saying there's more levels to this shit that I feel I respect more than you Do

You can keep wacking me, but cant provide any strong evidence to defend your stance lollll? I guess your transaction is void and weak bullets are invalid.
tenor.gif

TBH , ur ignorant to too many things in the regards to music for me to debate with u. That's like debating the NBA with somebody and the mf doesnt know who jordan and hakeem are. There's no purpose in that.

Dawg,, I'm not claiming to be a musical genius myself, I'm just saying there's more levels to this shit that I feel I respect more than you Do
Bruh I actually play guitar and I can tell you that most of these musicians yall call "geniuses" aren't virtuosos. Keith Richards or anybody in the stones? Not virtuosos. Look up Yngwie Malmsteem, Steve Vai, Tosin Abasi, Guthrie Govan, or Hendrix as a common example. Those are virtuosos, the people yall list are solid but they're better songwriters than they are musicians.

Who cares how much hip hop knowledge a person has? Black wanted you to explain your stance and you couldn't.

Goldie and Josh can no longer debate/discuss music with me for at least 2 weeks lmaoooooooooo

Niggas out here calling future a musical genius and the only reasoning behind their stance is chart success and blind fandom.

Epic FAIL.

By yalls standards drake, big Sean, and cole are musical geniuses.

Hey do me and the world a favor and SIT DOWN.

IMG_3713.GIF

TBH , ur ignorant to too many things in the regards to music for me to debate with u. That's like debating the NBA with somebody and the mf doesnt know who jordan and hakeem are. There's no purpose in that.

And when you can't prove points, you go down this road, as usual. You are a predictable, sanctimonious individual who throws insults as a defense when you can't prove your own allegations with any support. There is no science to this, only math and your shit ain't added up yet. But it's cool lol. I was waiting for something that doesn't exist.

And when you can't prove points, you go down this road, as usual. You are a predictable, sanctimonious individual who throws insults as a defense when you can't prove your own allegations with any support. There is no science to this, only math and your shit ain't added up yet. But it's cool lol. I was waiting for something that doesn't exist.

:feelings1:

Who cares how much hip hop knowledge a person has? Black wanted you to explain your stance and you couldn't.

Goldie and Josh can no longer debate/discuss music with me for at least 2 weeks lmaoooooooooo

Niggas out here calling future a musical genius and the only reasoning behind their stance is chart success and blind fandom.

Epic FAIL.

By yalls standards drake, big Sean, and cole are musical geniuses.

Hey do me and the world a favor and SIT DOWN.

View attachment 4043
You say all of this and you didn't refute any of my points, you just gave them a thumbs down.

why is this thread 4 pages tho lol

Future has a cult following, but wont nobody be talking about his music 20 years from now

Bruh I actually play guitar and I can tell you that most of these musicians yall call "geniuses" aren't virtuosos. Keith Richards or anybody in the stones? Not virtuosos. Look up Yngwie Malmsteem, Steve Vai, Tosin Abasi, Guthrie Govan, or Hendrix as a common example. Those are virtuosos, the people yall list are solid but they're better songwriters than they are musicians.
And you would call future a genius over them??

Cuz i mean that's my whole point. Every good musician ain't a genius.

why is this thread 4 pages tho lol

Future has a cult following, but wont nobody be talking about his music 20 years from now
:tuh: Negro, future has had 3 no.1 albums in the last seven months. Since when tf is that a cult following? MF Doom has a cult following, KRS One has a cult following, but future come on man, how you type that out without slapping yourself to your senses?

You say all of this and you didn't refute any of my points, you just gave them a thumbs down.

You said BB king wasn't as great as his counterparts.

Is that even worth me debating? No.

I asked you to back up your argument on why future is a musical genius and you did by saying "chart success"
Which is a flawed on so many accounts but at least you gave more of an answer than Goldie.

Good day friend.

And don't ever disrespect the stones in my presence again.

Back