Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
Now it would be smart of them to take the short money to get the exposure of being on a Floyd ppv card
that's my whole point...

it's gonna be a co-main event

mayweather vs whoever

spence vs whoever

shit's gonna do numbers

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-crawford-scared-top-rank-prevented-fight--132937

Pacquiao: Crawford is Scared, Top Rank Prevented The Fight

World Boxing Association "regular" welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao has rejected any talk that he avoided a potential fight with Terence Crawford.

The two boxers were promotional stablemates under the Top Rank banner for several years.

Pacquiao's contract with Top Rank expired last year, and the boxer is now promoting himself through his own company, MP Promotions.

When the two boxers were under Top Rank, company CEO Bob Arum had interest in matching them.

But there was a big problem, according to Arum.

There was enough money in the fight, at least back then, to place in on pay-per-view - with respect to a successful outcome from a revenue standpoint.

Pacquiao wanted a significant amount of money for the fight, and Crawford was looking for a career-high purse.

Because of the financial difficulties, Top Rank was keeping them apart in order to build the contest up.

According to Pacquiao, there were no issues on his end with having to face Crawford when the two were being promoted by Top Rank.

“He is just afraid and the promoters are preventing him from fighting me for a long time,” Pacquiao was quoted as saying by The Manila Times, during the media launch of the ISPS Handa and Emmanuel & Jinkee Heart Foundation Inc. at the Makati Shangrila Hotel in Makati City.

Pacquiao was responding to Crawford’s comments, that appeared on BoxingScene.com, that belittled his title reign.

“He (Pacquiao) is not a champion in my eyes. He doesn’t have the super belt. That’s the champion in my eyes. I look at the number one champion in the division,” Crawford said.

“I don’t look at the WBC Silver and the interim belts and all that. I look at the super and the actual champion of the division.”

Pacquiao is looking ahead to a showdown with former four division champion Adrien Broner in January.

And last week Crawford retained his WBO welterweight title with a knockout of Jose Benavidez in the twelfth round.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-if-mayweather-hurt-by-my-deal-its-his-problem--132928

Canelo: If Mayweather is Hurt By My Deal - It's His Problem!
By Miguel Rivera

Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez (50-1-2, 34 KOs) is not concerned with the circumstances which prompted Floyd Mayweather (50-0, 27 KOs) to attack him on social media.

A few days ago, Canelo officially announced that he signed a five year, $365 million deal with DAZN.

The streaming service has a hold on Canelo's next 11 fights.

And the first fight of that deal will take place on December 15th, when Canelo moves up to the super middleweight limit of 168 to challenge WBA "regular" champion Rocky Fielding.

Mayweather picked apart that agreement - and dominating Canelo back in September 2013.

"It didn’t matter if Canelo ate his PED steak or not this night, this was by far the easiest fight of my career," Mayweather said on social media.

"Connor McQuitter was a way better fighter than Canelo's cheating ass and I beat the breaks off him too! It takes me 36 minutes or less to make $300 million plus. It literally takes me 1 night and 1 fight to make what you might make in 5 years and 11 fights! So really, who's still winning? You do the math!"

Canelo is not going to dwell on whether or not Mayweather is upset over the 11 fight deal.

"I'm not really that kind of person who starts putting stuff on Instagram or Twitter to offend a fighter or wanting to make a fight like that. If he wants to make a second fight, talk and we can do it. I would never in my life put myself in the position that he puts himself in. If he's hurt by what happened [with DAZN], it's his problem," Canelo told media members.

"It did not surprise me but he doesn't have to do it. Each person makes his career and his life... if he's by hurt what happened, it's not my problem.. each person gets what he deserves."

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-agrees-with-arum-on-showtime-leaving-boxing-like-hbo--133003

Hearn Agrees With Arum on Showtime Leaving Boxing like HBO
By Victor Salazar

New York - Outside of Canelo Alvarez (50-1-2, 34 KO’s), there probably wasn’t one other person inside the Hulu Theatre with a bigger smile than promoter Eddie Hearn - ahead of the monumental announcement which brought the Mexican superstar to the DAZN streaming platform for 5 years, as part of a deal worth $365 million dollars for his next 11 fights.

DAZN launched in late September with unified heavyweight Anthony Joshua (22-0, 21 KO’s) stopping Anthony Povetkin (34-2, 24 KO’s). Joshua is already aligned with Hearn and Matchroom Boxing.

However, there was a lot of doubt that DAZN would make an impact in boxing because no major star had signed with their service - although there were very formidable fighters already signed as part of the app's long-term deal with Hearn's brand and the ongoing World Boxing Super Series.

Fast-forward a few weeks, undisputed cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk (15-0, 11 KO’s) has signed to fight on DAZN and the big coup with Canelo coming on board, along with his promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, who are now aligned with the steaming service.

Canelo’s first bout with DAZN will come against Rocky Fielding (27-1, 15 KO’s) on December 15th in New York’s Madison Square Garden.

Hearn could not be happier.

“We haven’t even launched for one month yet and now you got 32 of our shows, 10 of Golden Boy shows, You got Canelo's next 11 fights,” Hearn told BoxingScene.com.

“It’s not just the Rocky Fielding fight. Its eleven of his next fights. You paid $85 dollars for the Golovkin rematch and now you’re just going to pay a subscription.”

HBO recently announced they would no longer provide boxing as part of their programming. That’s when DAZN jumped in and signed the biggest star on this side of the ocean.

“Once we knew about HBO leaving,” Hearn stated. “We knew wherever Canelo went, Golden Boy also went - so it opened up with HBO getting out. Obviously, that was done with Oscar and John Skipper but ultimately for us was getting Canelo to the table to DAZN. You’re talking about 1.1 million people paying 85 dollars [for his last PPV fight]. His next fight was going to be on PPV. Now this is free.”

Hearn believes HBO could not compete with the streaming services. He also agreed with the recent comments from Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who believes Showtime will eventually follow HBO out of boxing.

“I saw Bob Arum's comments that Showtime will follow HBO out the business, I tend to agree with it.” Hearn said of Arum’s comments.

“It’s going to get so competitive and so fierce. HBO basically said we don’t want this anymore. Everyone’s going to have to dig deep if they want to compete. If you are a middleweight contender, you have to be on DAZN. If you want to fight Anthony Joshua, you have to be on DAZN.”

Mig8.gif

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-golden-boy-deal-extended-by-four-fights-says-gomez--133023

Canelo, Golden Boy Deal Extended By Four Fights, Says Gomez
By Steve Kim

With much fanfare last week it was announced that Mexican superstar, Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (50-1-2, 34 KOs), had come to an incredibly lucrative agreement with DAZN, that will pay him $365 million for his next 11 bouts that will be broadcast on the streaming platform which is investing heavily into the sport of boxing.

The deal was brokered by Golden Boy Promotions, which in the process will see themselves promoting Alvarez for the foreseeable future.

Golden Boy President, Eric Gomez, told BoxingScene.com - "It's in line with DAZN agreement and we extended with him by like four fights. So he's with us, he's very happy. Both of us have done right by each other."

During his tenure with Golden Boy, Alvarez has become one of the games biggest stars and a true pay-per-view franchise. His first bout under his new deal with DAZN comes on December 15th at the Madison Square Garden in New York versus WBA "regular" super middleweight, Rocky Fielding.

When asked if he believes Alvarez, who defeated Gennady Golovkin in their rematch on September 15th, will stay with their company for the rest of his career, Gomez answered with a chuckle, "I would hope, he's been with us for over ten years now. So another ten, why not?"

Canelo became a network free agent last month, after his contract expired with HBO. In his last bout for the network, he won a twelve round majority decision over Gennady Golovkin in a highly anticipated rematch, to capture the WBC WBA middleweight titles at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Should Canelo win in December, promoter Eddie Hearn - who also has a long-term deal with DAZN - says his boxer Daniel Jacobs, who fights on Saturday night for the IBF title, in victory would become a frontrunner to face the Mexican star.

https://www.boxingscene.com/machado-everyone-knows-im-real-wba-champ-not-gervonta-davis--133029

Machado: Everyone Knows I'm Real WBA Champ, Not Gervonta Davis
By Keith Idec

Your guess is as good as Alberto Machado’s.

The WBA hasn’t given the unbeaten Puerto Rican champion what he considers a reasonable explanation as for why that sanctioning organization gave Gervonta Davis its “super” super featherweight championship for his win over Jesus Cuellar six months ago. Machado knocked out Jezreel Corrales a year ago to win the WBA’s “super” 130-pound championship in Verona, New York.

That meant Machado was the WBA’s true champion at 130 pounds. The WBA didn’t recognize a 130-pound “world” champion at the time Machado beat Corrales, but it made Machado its world champion in its November rankings last year, its first ratings after Machado conquered Corrales last October 21.

Once the WBA designated Machado as its “world” 130-pound champion, there seemingly was no reason for it to later declare a “super” champion in that division. The WBA still sanctioned Davis-Cuellar as a fight for its “super” featherweight title.

Baltimore’s Davis (20-0, 19 KOs) won that April 21 bout by third-round technical knockout against Argentina’s Cuellar (28-3, 21 KOs). Now Davis, without having defeated Machado, owns the “super” championship Machado believed he had won from Corrales.

The 28-year-old Machado (20-0, 16 KOs) will make the second defense of his title Saturday night. He’ll face Cleveland’s Yuandale Evans (20-1, 14 KOs) in a fight HBO will air as part of the Daniel Jacobs-Sergiy Derevyanchenko undercard from The Theater at Madison Square Garden (10 p.m. ET/PT).

“I want to congratulate Gervonta because he deserves it,” Machado said Monday through a translator on a conference call. “But everyone knows in boxing that I am the real world champion, of the WBA, in the super featherweight division. I dethroned the champion at that moment, who was Jezreel Corrales, a year ago. And everyone knows all the sacrifices that I have been through. So what happened with the WBA, they [would] know. But I know and everyone knows that I am the true world champion.”

Panama’s Corrales (22-2, 8 KOs, 1 NC) didn’t make weight the day before Machado knocked him out in the eighth round. Thus Machado technically won a vacant title because Corrales was stripped for failing to weigh in at or below the 130-pound limit for their scheduled 12-round bout.

The WBA later explained that Machado actually won its “world” championship by beating Corrales, who was its “super” champion the day he was stripped. That still doesn’t justify creating another “super” champion from the outcome of a Davis-Cuellar fight that didn’t include a boxer that already owned a WBA “world” title.

Davis was not even ranked in the WBA’s top 15 at the time Machado defeated Corrales. Cuellar, who hadn’t boxed since losing a WBA “world” featherweight title fight to Abner Mares by split decision in December 2016, somehow was ranked No. 1 among the WBA’s 130-pound contenders at the time Machado and Corrales fought.

I was ready to talk shit about the Charlos and they finally stepped it up with the comp...Harrison can outbox him but he might need to clip him before he get it..

Other Charlo I honestly have no expectations of what will happen with him and Monroe. I’m intrigued though. This is better

Harrison and Monroe aren't bums but neither Charlo really stepped up the competition with these fights. These are showcase for them to launch PBC new deal with Fox.

If you really feel they stepped it up with these fights then that says it all about the competition they've really been fighting.

I don't expect every fight to be a blockbuster but these 2 should be fighting better folks. I would look at these fights better if both were coming off of blockbuster fights but that ain't the case here and that is why I don't give them a lot of credit for these fights.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-i-joshua-gain-status-kos-gave-me-status--133080

Wilder: I Don't Need Joshua To Gain Status, KOs Gave Me Status

In a recent interview, WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder was verbally blasted by Eddie Hearn, who promotes IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO champion Anthony Joshua.

Hearn was annoyed with some of Wilder's financial demands for a potential unification with Joshua in April of next year, at Wembley.

Wilder will first have to overcome the challenge of lineal champion Tyson Fury, when the two collide in the main event of a Showtime PPV on December 1 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

While preparing in camp for the bout with Fury, Wilder has made it clear that he's not paying any attention to the statements being made by Hearn or Joshua.

“I haven’t seen any videos or anything like that. Whatever them guys are doing, let them do it,” said Wilder said to Sky Sports.

“We’re not focused on them, we’re not even concerned about them. When was the last time we even said anything about them? I don’t need him to bring status to me. My status came to me because I knock people out, not because of another man.”

Wilder is taking the Fury contest very seriously, despite some critics tabbing the challenger as a massive underdog.

Fury, who shocked the world when he beat Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015, was inactive until April of this year. He's picked up two one-sided wins and feels ready to pull off another major upset.

“He was the one to obtain all the belts, he was the one that beat Klitschko, he is the man that beat the man,” said Wilder.

“We’re looking at him as that. He may not have all the titles, but he is still considered the lineal champion of the world.

“If he wasn’t fighting me people wouldn’t be talking about if he needs another warm-up, if he’s ready and stuff like that. People are hesitant and want to complain because it’s me.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-joshua-just-coward-turned-from-50-million--133108

Wilder: Joshua Was Just a Coward, Turned From $50 Million

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) states that Anthony Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs) is completely to blame for their negotiations falling apart.

Wilder and Joshua were in talks for a fall unification, but they were unable to agree on the terms.

Wilder and his handlers presented a guarantee of $50 million for Joshua to travel to the United States for the fight, but Joshua and his handlers rejected the proposal - and countered with a flat-fee of $15 million to stage the bout in a UK stadium.

Instead, Joshua made a mandatory defense, and retained his WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO titles last month with a seventh round knockout of Alexander Povetkin.

Joshua is set to fight again on April 13th, at Wembley Stadium in London.

Wilder on the other hand is going to headline a Showtime Pay-Per-View card on December 1, when he faces lineal champion Tyson Fury at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

"He was just a coward, straight out. He was just a coward. He didn't want to fight. When a guy allows his people to not accept $50 million dollars, that's a guarantee, you don't want to fight," Wilder told The Fair Game.

"When a guy offers me a $15 million flat fee, which is the worst offer in boxing history for a fight of this magnitude, they still didn't want it. With that being said, they don't want to fight - they just want to trick people, manipulate them, contradict and just be compulsive. We've moved on and now I'm in the biggest fight in the world, with Tyson Fury.

"[Joshua] needs someone to narrate the conversation, a middleman. I'm a grown man, I don't deal with boys. I don't need another man to reply to someone else, when we are right here face-timing each other. I think he's a little fearful of me, so we're gonna let him be."

I agree

I just want to see them in with guys who punch Back. Harrison got something to prove and at least it’s a common opponent with Hurd. I ain’t impressed with the Monroe pick but dude moved up calling out the top dudes without fighting anybody established at the weight.

These some Crawford type fights/matchmaking lol but these dudes start making a little noise in the ring, then starting making more noise outside than in. Save all that tough talk and fight dudes who punch back

Thing is I actually like Harrison dude can box like shit. His problem is he gets tired and when he gets tired he gets KOed. Charlo is a lot bigger than him just like Hurd was. So I see the same thing happening.

I look at the Monroe like nigga come on you can do better. The same way I did with GGG. If you are really at the top of your weight class and one of the better fighters in all of boxing like you say then you should be insulted to fight Monroe if not coming off an injury or just being in a war with another top tier fighter.

Haymon gets a lot blame for these types of fights but I think its more of the fighters and their teams than it is Haymon. Julian Williams trainer Stephen Edwards also said that years ago. That Haymon will get a fighter the fights he wants if he wants tough fight and to fight the best then that is exactly what he is going to get and if they don't want that this the shit we will see.

I'm with you 100% I'm tired of hearing them making all that noise outside the ring but fighting weak comp in the ring but want all the respect of fans like they are fighting murders row.

https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ortiz-vs-travis-kauffman-nearly-finalized-wilder-fury--133088

Luis Ortiz vs. Travis Kauffman Nearly Finalized For Wilder-Fury
By Ryan Burton

Jay Jimenez, manager of heavyweight contender Luis Ortiz (29-1), has advised BoxingScene.com that an agreement to face Travis Kauffman (32-2) is nearly finalized. The fight will take place on the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury pay-per-view undercard on December 1st in Los Angeles, California.

“Luis hs already agreed to terms,” Jimenez told BoxingScene.com. “We are just waiting for a call back but it’s 99% done.”

The fight will be Ortiz’s third of 2018 and Kauffman’s second of the year.

Ortiz nearly pulled off a major upset when he had Wilder out on his feet and in serious trouble during their March fight at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. But the champion recovered and stopped Ortiz in the 10th round.

The Cuban puncher bounced back from his first career defeat with a 2nd round knockout of Rozvan Cojanu in July.

Kauffman hasn’t been nearly as active. After fighting just once in 2017, he traded first round knockdowns with Scott Alexander in June in a majority decision victory.

He's only been stopped once, when he got caught cold by Tony Grano back in 2009.

If he is victorious, Ortiz hopes to secure a rematch against Wilder or fights against Anthony Joshua or Dillian Whyte.

The rest of the Wilder-Fury pay-per-view undercard is expected to be announced in the near future.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jon-jones-2-years-training-id-compete-with-best-boxing--133109

Jon Jones: 2 Years of Training - I'd Compete With Best in Boxing

In past interviews, former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (22-1 in MMA) discussed the idea of taking part in boxing.

The 31-year-old MMA fighter was a major force from the moment he entered the pro ranks in April of 2008. There are many who regard Jones as one of the greatest fighters ever of his respective sport.

Fighting for the first time since July of 2017, Jones is coming back on December 29th when he faces Alexander Gustafsson in a rematch at UFC 232 in Las Vegas.

Regarding a potential jump in the boxing ring, Jones believes that he would require at least two years of dedicated training - which he feels would prepare him to face the top names.

“When I started doing MMA, I found myself in the UFC about nine months after my first practice - so I’m aware that I have a mind for fighting. I have a lot of faith and confidence in myself," Jones said to the JacksonWink podcast.

“I believe that if I were to hire the right people to be around me, that’s maybe four boxing coaches..... that’s what the guys at the highest levels [have in place]. [I would] hire guys to come in here and we spend two years focusing on boxing and only boxing. I believe I’d be able to compete with the best in the world.”

Jones had previously mentioned the idea of facing IBF, IBO, WBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs) - but he realizes that the Olympic gold medal winner would have a significant advantage if they met in the ring.

“I would imagine he would have the upper hand big time,” Jones said of Joshua. “He’s spent so much time throwing hands and that’s his passion.”

7B139034-323F-492A-86AA-CFCF7EDDBCFE.gif

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-cancer-al-haymon-prevent-crawford-spence--133096

Arum: 'The Cancer' Al Haymon Will Prevent Crawford-Spence!
By Steve Kim

On December 8th, WBA lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko attempts to unify his title versus WBO belt-holder Jose Pedraza, at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York.

If Lomachenko should come out victorious as expected, the fight that will be clamored for in 2019 will be a showdown versus WBC/IBF champion Mikey Garcia.

So what are the realistic possibilities of that particular match-up coming fruition?

Bob Arum, who promotes Lomachenko said on Tuesday afternoon - "I have no idea, I have no idea. I mean, we've made ourselves plain and we talk to the press. Until you talk to 'the cancer', who knows? If 'the cancer' has the power to block whatever fight is offered to his fighter, than obviously it can't happen, right?

"If you have 'cancer' you can't operate normally."

Arum is obviously referring to one Al Haymon, who advises Garcia and host other boxers under the Premiere Boxing Champions banner.

For the most part, PBC boxers have rarely ventured outside this umbrella to face other marquee boxers. Now, with the PBC having control of two platforms(Showtime and FOX) it's unlikely that there will be any cross pollination of bouts in the near future.

Which means that a bout between WBO welterweight titlist, Terence Crawford (who is aligned with Top Rank, which has an exclusive deal with ESPN) and IBF belt-holder, Errol Spence (who is advised by Haymon) will be unlikely.

"Absolutely," stated Arum, "it's 'the cancer'. With any of his fighters. And let me tell you something, the (Manny) Pacquiao-(Floyd) Mayweather fight would not have happened if Les Moonves hadn't told Stephen Espinoza that he was stopping on boxing at Showtime till that fight was made.

"Did you know that? Well, I'm telling you that."

(BoxingScene.com reached out to PBC to get a comment but did not receive one.)

3383878-4vv0xkazeqz0exyuzy5cbskfb48%3D.gif

With the Harrison fight, I’m intrigued because Charlo don’t put the pressure on you Hurd do. Hurd walked him down and trusted his work would do more damage cause he was taking shots from Harrison. Charlo fight similar to Spence now with even less foot movement

I can see where you coming from but there is also different kinds of pressure. Charlo just being bigger and heavier handed and always being in punching range even without throwing as many punches as Hurd in turn will make Harrison use a lot of movement and think a lot is a type of pressure. Spence is always in range and that puts a different kind of pressure on a fighter physically and mentally especially when said fighter hits hard as shit.

Harrison's best bet is to not waste movement and be able to have a great jab for 12 rounds. If Harrison had some real pop in his punches this would be a much better fight cause Charlo can be hit.

Listened to the Chris Mannix podcast yesterday and he had Fat Dan and Lou DiBella as his guest.

DiBella said that golden boy went directly to the boss of DAZN to workout that deal and that Eddie Hearn ain't have shit to do with that deal they made.

Fat Dan said Hearn supposedly offered Floyd 3Mill for Gervonta Davis vs Tevin Farmer as a one off fight with no promotional options and Floyd turned it down. Also tried to co-promote with Floyd on Davis.

It was a pretty decent podcast

:aye: Told Floyd stop the bullshit mma fights LLS.

I get it but ain't nobody turning down hundreds of millions of dollars for easy fights.

Last edited:
I get it but ain't nobody turning down hundreds of millions of dollars for easy fights.
wprd....

these young niggaz really got Floyd fucked up....

the work Floyd put in from 135-147 is more than any of these young dudes put in....

the fights he took, the resume he built, the ppv's he did from 135-147 is GOAT material...

147+ he started his money grabbing.... and while I understand it froze a lotta young talent outside of canelo up...he worked hard for that shit.....

Dude had a legit claim to a Hall of fame career even before the Oscar fight, but it's like fans only remember Floyd from after that moment.

Danny wins with hand speed and body jabs.

He's not gonna push the action cuz he'll clearly be out landing...

Sergiy gonna be confused

Implications of this fight pretty huge.if Danny wins DAZN got a lock on middle weight division.

Segiv win PBC gets another champ, though ironically Danny still managed by Haymon

Never seen Sergiv fight so not sure who may win.

Back