Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
No, it’s fans like you who prove they can’t judge beyond their incoming bias towards a particular fighter. How you gonna tell me my position is invalid when everyone who is somebody in the sport is coming out saying largely the same thing. I wanted Haney to win. I bet on that man but truth is on first viewing it appears he got outperformed.

Btw CompuBox shows Loma actually landed more body shots so that argument doesn’t even hold firm. But I’m willing to rewatch and analyze. Right now though nothing is adding up to most folks seeing it the other way beyond a preference towards Haney.
Weak argument. I had no dog in the fight. You clearly watched with emotion and was sad that the guy you bet for didn't perform. I watched objectively and scored the fight. Did you? Or are you just going off feelings and vibes

I would suggest you do as you say, rewatch, analyse and score the fight. I had it for Haney, if i rewatch there are rounds which i could give to Loma which would end in a decision for him but fans like you crying it's a robbery is one of the problems with boxing. Too much histrionics and emotion and not enough rational objectivity. I want to see a rematch but have a feeling Haney will go elsewhere.

Most people wont call/ analyze a fight and it fighters on their own merits and abilities i see it here outside and all over the net pride and bias should never be a part of any equation that shit goes both ways..

Ward didnt win vs Kovalev the first fight
Tank arguably lost vs Cruz

Floyd beat
Maidana 9-3 in a dangerous fight and beat Castillo. 7-5 in the first won and Clearly beat Oscar by a few rounds

The story of the fight was this

Haney had great bodywork early, especially through 5.. i had Loma winning closely, but clearly .He was never hurt. He hurt Haney late had Haney dog tired.. His legs were shot. i thought Loma won this by 1 or two.. it was super impressive based on the fact that the little man became the big man late... that doesn't happen he weathered the storm ..Didnt think that would be possible... matchups like this don't end that way ever, but it did.

Haney will be better from this fight.. Loma should get the respect he always earned/ deserved. Hell of a fight.. Haney needs to keep his hands moving his wrestling wilted him more than it did Loma and its a testament to his toughness that he was still there after those bodyshots

Haney had great bodywork early, especially through 5.. i had Loma winning closely, but clearly .He was never hurt. He hurt Haney late had Haney dog tired.. His legs were shot. i thought Loma won this by 1 or two.. it was super impressive based on the fact that the little man became the big man late... that doesn't happen he weathered the storm ..Didnt think that would be possible... matchups like this don't end that way ever, but it did.

Haney will be better from this fight.. Loma should get the respect he always earned/ deserved. Hell of a fight.. Haney needs to keep his hands moving his wrestling wilted him more than it did Loma and its a testament to his toughness that he was still there after those bodyshots
I agree w/all this ..except the Haney getting better part .. I don’t see him rising to the occasion w/better competition 🤷🏾‍♂️

Good analysis

See i disagree, but I respect this.

My last words on this are the following for those who scream robbery

I agree w/all this ..except the Haney getting better part .. I don’t see him rising to the occasion w/better competition 🤷🏾‍♂️

Good analysis
A great fighter gets better when he fight a fight/fighter like that thats like graduate school

Haney needs to stop wrestling so much and do it more tactically keep jabbing keep going to the body and fight long

He has those two things that fighter dont do or at best have one or the other

I dont by into the narrative of pillow hands blah blah there are degrees of power he is going to have a long sucessful career I think he can fight at jr middle weight down the road given his frame

Just watched Haney/Loma fight, its the first time Ive watched a big fight knowing the outcome in years so I may had been swayed with the scoring and tbh it was such a close fight Im not sure how anyone can say its a robbery or either fighter should had won... The only big/clear round in the fight was round 11 for Loma...

I deliberately didnt score any 10/10 rounds and had it a draw: Haney: rounds: 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12 and Loma rounds: 1, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 but other than round 11 either fighter could had taken the other rounds or even 10/10 round or two...

With the fight itself Haney was the least impressive of the two though, dude was probably 20 pounds heavier on fight night and with a huge hight and reach advantage (and 11 yrs younger) and he let Loma close the distance with ease even manhandle him at times... Loma never looked hurt and Haney was visibly stunned at times... Haney landed some nice body shots but Loma nearly always came back with a head shot...

Loma has no real business fighting in the division, size and age was always gonna catch up with him...

Back