Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
One of y’all called Taylor losing

Mike Tyson admits he had a lot of fun blowing away $400 million networth-  'I can'

Everyone saying Haney won with body work. If that was body work that might be the worst body damage ever done in the history of boxing because that boy Loma didn’t slow down for a single second and looked as if he could’ve gone another 12.
Terrible argument. That's like saying Haney didn't slow down and his face had no damage at the end of the fight so Loma's clean punching should be disregarded. Ultimately Haney's body shots were scoring just as Loma's head shots were.

If you favoured one over the other that's ccool but to disregard that work shows why sone fans could never be boxing judges.

Loma is a slow starter, that's his issue. The problem most people don’t speak up on is how much black boxers aren’t allowed to win a close fight against other non poc boxers because people will swear it’s a robbery. It’s part of those racial arguments people don’t always embrace.

Andre vs Sergey
Floyd vs Castillo/Oscar/Maidana

Its just what it is.

Terrible argument. That's like saying Haney didn't slow down and his face had no damage at the end of the fight so Loma's clean punching should be disregarded. Ultimately Haney's body shots were scoring just as Loma's head shots were.

If you favoured one over the other that's ccool but to disregard that work shows why sone fans could never be boxing judges.

No, it’s fans like you who prove they can’t judge beyond their incoming bias towards a particular fighter. How you gonna tell me my position is invalid when everyone who is somebody in the sport is coming out saying largely the same thing. I wanted Haney to win. I bet on that man but truth is on first viewing it appears he got outperformed.

Btw CompuBox shows Loma actually landed more body shots so that argument doesn’t even hold firm. But I’m willing to rewatch and analyze. Right now though nothing is adding up to most folks seeing it the other way beyond a preference towards Haney.

No one gonna give Haney the benefit of doubt when he's not hurting people.

He 100% was landing those body shots.. but the smaller Loma absorbed them extremely well.. so much that many spectators really didn't score them. I feel like the judges did. Either way, high level fight. I didn't see a robbery at all. But I know people gonna do their thing.

I say this is a strong candidate for a rematch. Appealing the score is some sore loser shit imo. Haney was the champ..... Lomachenko wasn't DOMINANT over the champ, it was a close competitive fight that could have gone either way

Back