Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION From Air Jordans to 'My Adidas,' Black creativity — and capital — built sneaker culture. Why do white retailers still reap most profits?

First gangs and now saggin' your pants?????........................
facepalm.gif

This nigga choosing the worst fuckn examples.

Question:

View attachment 677202

You think black people would be wearing their pants like this if Asians created this look?

You think people all over the world would be wearing their pants like this if Asians created this look?

ANSWER:

Asian culture is very much in black American culture... like he said anime and Kung fu flicks, the restaurants being in the neighborhood, certain style of clothes etc

Question:

View attachment 677202

You think black people would be wearing their pants like this if Asians created this look?

You think people all over the world would be wearing their pants like this if Asians created this look?

ANSWER:

You missing the point. He didn't say that Asian culture has the same influence or impact as African American culture. He said that some elements of different Asian cultures are influential just like African American culture.

And as others have noted, African American culture has been influenced by Asian culture, or are we going to act like these guys don't exist.

wutang-1000x602.jpg

Who is WE?
Our ppl, here in America with our grands or great-grands trying to be more white American for acceptance for example the conk hairstyle or perming one's hair to kill the kink/curl pattern for the straight hair, black Latinos such as Sammy Sosa bleaching the hell out of his skin or it being (the skin bleach) an extremely popular product in Jamaica or Lil Kim with the thinning of her nose... etc

Our ppl, here in America with our grands or great-grands trying to be more white American for acceptance for example the conk hairstyle or perming one's hair to kill the kink/curl pattern for the straight hair, black Latinos such as Sammy Sosa bleaching the hell out of his skin or it being (the skin bleach) an extremely popular product in Jamaica or Lil Kim with the thinning of her nose... etc
This is a mad simplistic way to make your point without some much needed context.

But🤝🏾

A minute ago we were talking about Asians…

What happened?

Can y’all read?

I used gangs and saggin pants as examples to show that we can make ANYTHING cool.

I said we’re the only people who can make any and everything acceptable… No matter how lame or negative it is.

“Oh my goodness… Gangs and saggin pants?? He’s using only bad examples!!!!!”

Yeah, that was kinda the point.
"BuT tHeRe WaS nO nUaNcE!!!"

I knew exactly what you were saying Mr. Akbar

Remember when big, round butts were considered the worst thing in the world to white people?

Now, white girls are doing video tutorials to show how to make your butt look bigger.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Nah...I come from a long line of 'Black is beautiful' and so do many other Black Americans I know.

Be careful how you paint with that brush FP.

Back