Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

People are confused, annoyed and upset because the match they want is not happening at Mania.

Thats the issue

Nothing more.
Lol bruh do you even watch this shit??

20240203-160721.gif

Only saving grace is if Damien cashed in on Rock. A family divided can't stand together

And the fact folks are so set in their brain the Rock is winning lol settle tf down. This is actually a big deal for Roman to have Dwayne The Rock Johnson lay down for him for the 3.

And the fact folks are so set in their brain the Rock is winning lol settle tf down. This is actually a big deal for Roman to have Dwayne The Rock Johnson lay down for him for the 3.
Im guessing this is prob his last match too so he will finally be going to HoF next year

And this contradicts what I said how?

This the match they want and its not happening at Mania

What are we doing here lol
Wrong. Niggas don't give a shit about Cody Rhodes. But if y'all think the timeline of events, including that gif, was done for eventual "work" purposes, then y'all just working yourselves. And if you don't, then it's just straight up last minute switcheroo poor storytelling. I'd hate either of those for you bruh

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Yall niggas are dramatic as fuck

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
I said 'if that was the case' I'm kinda interested in what direction they can take Roman/Rock/Cody from now until WrestleMania. It just sloppy as fuck as to how the business and creative aspect supposedly being handled that that's crazy to me....

Mania has two main events

If Cody takes on Seth is he not main eventing? Which would render the Rumble win relevant correct?

When the WHC was created even tho they gave it to seth and he has been a great champ the whole smart wrestling world been saying that it dont matter despite the way they booked that title

Because “everybody knows Romans belt is the top prize”

WWE never booked that title as secondary to Roman it was the vocal minority that decided it was a lesser prize.

We the Tribal Chief called that belt a secondary belt long b4 Seth got it. Remember he called it the B-title back when Drew had during the covid Thunder dome era.

Tossed that shyt to the side like it was an empty to-go box from your favorite restaurant. And then WWE really didn't do it any favors by creating that belt right after Cody lost to Roman. Essentially sayin

"Well since no one on the roster can beat Roman, we'll just create a whole nutha secondary belt"

Actually...third belt when you think about it. Cuz Roman was carrying the original Raw title.

Now granted Seth been a cool champ so far, but meh. At times I found myself forgetting he's even the champ. Also...I feel Gunther has brought more prestige to his IC belt, than Seth with the WHC. It just comes off as an accessory to go wit his many outfits imo.

IF Cody won that belt beating Seth, I feel he's the one that'll bring back that prestige. Treat it like how Gunther treats his IC title. But that's just me.

I do feel bad for Cody but hes gonna be around, you dont pass up on having the Rock on the mania card when hes down to do it because the next time you ask he might not want to.
What you don't do is have Cody win his second Rumble match and then a week later allow a 51 yr old legend past his prime (hasn't wrestled in 11 yrs) force his way into a WrestleMania main event championship match that someone else 'earned' the right to.

I understand the business side and the $$$ that a Rock/Reigns match can generate for WWE. The match can be done but why make it a title match? Also, this match is about a year or two late. The Rock is 10 years older and runs the risk of getting injured and so does Roman. Also, what if Rock can't hold his own against Roman and the match ends out being shit? That means that WWE overhyped a match for nothing and could lose fans.

Just a thought...

Did they say it's for the title? I don't think it is unless they threw that in there somewhere after the fact cus Cody told Roman he was still gonna take his title from him. As far them taking Cody's title match from him they technically didn't. He just chose to face Rollins instead of the Rock so he still gets the shot. It's just not for that title. Which does still suck but he is still getting a title match.

I feel you on Rock possibly getting in injured and all that too. It would be fucked but idk I don't think he would of been up for the match if he didn't think he could do it without seeming washed but idk, at this point I'm just curious to see how it all plays out.

Back