Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

Roman gotta piss in a cup for Riddle now?

Jimmy and Jey main evented Wrestlemania when before this they used to rock the pre-show. Must be some smart-ass pawns.

Solo was on NXT now he's an indispensable piece of the hottest story in the business.

Cody was on IR and walked into his first Mania Main Event (first main event period?) and first title match and is more over on the otherside of it.

Drew was not and in fact had his biggest ever match--by far-- standing opposite the tribal chief in front of a sold out stadium. He certainly never main evented a stadium show before.

Sure looks like all of Brocks Mania main events since his return were opposite Roman Reigns so yeah I think Roman has helped there, not to mention all the other shows they've main evented in that same span.

Let's see Cena when paired with Roman? Main Eventing Summerslam and headlining the highest rated Smackdown in 3 years. When away from Roman? Curtain jerking against Austin Theory.
Drew was the man during the pandemic so how did Roman elevate him?

Sami was the reason the Uso's was the mania main event

Cena main event multiple ppv's years before Roman came on the scene, Roman had nothing to do with any of that. Roman needed Cena not the other way round.

Drew was the man during the pandemic so how did Roman elevate him?

Sami was the reason the Uso's was the mania main event

Cena main event multiple ppv's years before Roman came on the scene, Roman had nothing to do with any of that. Roman needed Cena not the other way round.
If a tree falls in the Forrest...yeah respect Drew for that. But how'd he come out the otherside? How was he over with no audience? He was floundering and Roman was a lifeline. Shined him up and put him in the main event on a stadium show. Drew ain't doing that lol. That's courtesy of the island of relevancy.

Sami was feuding with Johnny fucking Knoxville before Roman. Taking bodyslams from Wee Man. Sami ain't putting nobody nowhere.

Cena ain't been in a main event that didn't include Roman in 10 YEARS. He's out here losing to Theory, getting bodied by Taker in a squash, and getting disappeared by Bray Wyatt. Oh he needs Roman. They all do. Which isn't even a debate. So really better question. Who the hell needs Charlotte Flair??

If a tree falls in the Forrest...yeah respect Drew for that. But how'd he come out the otherside? How was he over with no audience? He was floundering and Roman was a lifeline. Shined him up and put him in the main event on a stadium show. Drew ain't doing that lol. That's courtesy of the island of relevancy.

Sami was feuding with Johnny fucking Knoxville before Roman. Taking bodyslams from Wee Man. Sami ain't putting nobody nowhere.

Cena ain't been in a main event that didn't include Roman in 10 YEARS. He's out here losing to Theory, getting bodied by Taker in a squash, and getting disappeared by Bray Wyatt. Oh he needs Roman. They all do. Which isn't even a debate. So really better question. Who the hell needs Charlotte Flair??
Cena hadn't been in a main event because Cena not a wrestler anymore, him coming back was to put over and help Roman. Cena didn't need it Roman did.

Sami made the bloodline likeable well at least Jimmy and Jey. It's Sami getting himself over that has Jimmy and Jey doing what they're doing right now.

Roman don't get anyone over, those people help get Roman over

eddie-murphy-drinking.gif

Cena hadn't been in a main event because Cena not a wrestler anymore, him coming back was to put over and help Roman. Cena didn't need it Roman did.

Sami made the bloodline likeable well at least Jimmy and Jey. It's Sami getting himself over that has Jimmy and Jey doing what they're doing right now.

Roman don't get anyone over, those people help get Roman over
Cena still wrestled on shows though. Lots of them in fact. I've been to 2 Manias 9 years apart. Cena and Roman wrestled on them both. Guess who was in the main event for both of them. If Cena wants to wrestle for the love of it and help the next generation that's cool. But when he wants to be on the marquee? Well there's only one person to go and see, and he's seen him 3 times to the tune of 3 main events.

Now you saying Roman don't get anybody over? Ha. You know you a goddamn lie. Roman got the entire company over. You think anybody wants to go back to Bray Wyatt vs Braun Strowman title matches right about now?

Sami been with the company for how long?? Sure didn't get himself over to this level before. Wasn't he Shinsukes manager for a while there?

I wish a mofo would say Roman don't put people over. I'm sorry...

Why is Jey called "Main Event Jey" again?

Who helped bring them tag titles back to prestige like they once were?

Who got Solo lookin like the future of WWE?

Who elevated and made Sami so relevant...he main evented not ONE...but TWO ppv CHAMPIONSHIP matches??

Who has the skreets talkin that the BL story is one of the greatest storylines in all of pro wrestling?

Who did PWI name #1 on their list?

Who moves the damn needle?

It ain't Seth. It ain't Becky. Damn sho ain't Charlotte.

View attachment 1103883

I was w you until you mentioned Seth...keep "the architecture" out this one...lol

charlotte-flair-9492.jpg

As we stray further and further into the abyss. I'd be remiss if I didn't remind us all that THIS palefaced bitch is what kicked this all off.
#1 female who can come back and demand a title match, only one other person has did that in recent memory and that's the #2 female Becky Lynch

I didn't ask about great matches. Does Seth move needles? Let's see...

Smackdown (Roman)

RAW (Seth)

...now one can say "Hey, the NBA Finals was on. So course the ratings dipped". CORRECT!

BUT...the following week there was no finals...

[spoiler/]

didnt-think-so-morpheus-1.gif

Back