Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread - 6/21

Hogan turned face twice in the NWO or did we forget
Hogan 96 heel turn. Hogan 97 sting match. Hogan 98 celebrity matches with Rodman and dropping the belt to Goldberg.

Hogan's first face turn was a ruse to get the belt back via the Fingerpoint of doom and formation of nWo elite and nWo B-team. Then the double turn with Flair and back to the red and yellow. Then comes Russo and Stone Cold Hulk Hogan.

So let's score it out.

Hogan's heel turn > Roman's.
Cody match 1 > Sting match.
Logan Paul match > Leno & Malone matches.
Cody match 2 > Goldberg match

Hogan fucked off the Sting match and the 18 month saga it took to get there. Roman & Co. Landed the plane at 40. Hulk dropped the belt to Goldberg on TV and then main evented PPVs against Jay Leno. Roman dropped the belt at the highest grossing event ever and then got the fuck out of the way so Cody could have the spotlight.

Hogan 96 heel turn. Hogan 97 sting match. Hogan 98 celebrity matches with Rodman and dropping the belt to Goldberg.

Hogan's first face turn was a ruse to get the belt back via the Fingerpoint of doom and formation of nWo elite and nWo B-team. Then the double turn with Flair and back to the red and yellow. Then comes Russo and Stone Cold Hulk Hogan.

So let's score it out.

Hogan's heel turn > Roman's.
Cody match 1 > Sting match.
Logan Paul match > Leno & Malone matches.
Cody match 2 > Goldberg match

Hogan fucked off the Sting match and the 18 month saga it took to get there. Roman & Co. Landed the plane at 40. Hulk dropped the belt to Goldberg on TV and then main evented PPVs against Jay Leno. Roman dropped the belt at the highest grossing event ever and then got the fuck out of the way so Cody could have the spotlight.
Goldberg match was bigger than Cody's match, lets not do this

To be fair Cody winning at Mania is not the same energy of Goldberg beating Hogan In the dome. That's in the top 5 pops ever in a match and had the GA dome going crazy like it was a WrestleMania main event. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about that night.

To be fair Cody winning at Mania is not the same energy of Goldberg beating Hogan In the dome. That's in the top 5 pops ever in a match and had the GA dome going crazy like it was a WrestleMania main event. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about that night.
As a moment yeah I can rock with you. But in hindsight it's just another Hogan politic move. Doing the job on TV while continuing to main event PPVs, fucking off during football season to "run for president", only to come back when the season is over and take the title back in a farce.

When it was time to do business Roman did what the bad guy is supposed to do and lost completely. He exited stage left and let Cody have his shine. Hogan has *never* been able to do that.

As a moment yeah I can rock with you. But in hindsight it's just another Hogan politic move. Doing the job on TV while continuing to main event PPVs, fucking off during football season to "run for president", only to come back when the season is over and take the title back in a farce.

When it was time to do business Roman did what the bad guy is supposed to do and lost completely. He exited stage left and let Cody have his shine. Hogan has *never* been able to do that.
Don't get me wrong Hogan is a scumbag who made horrible decisions for the company.

But as a BL fan I can say they haven't had a moment that explosive in a match. Like I said a few post up take away all the bad shit the nWo had going, they still had the bigger moments and had a bigger effect on the industry to take it to new heights. BL still a modern GOAT stable tho and helped WWE out of a shit decade.

Like Hogan left and let Goldberg have his shine

Had nothing to do with that moment
Umm yeah it kinda does. They gave their biggest match away on TV which is counter to the point of trying to make money. Hogan blew his blowoffs the whole run.

• Dropped the belt on TV to Luger months before he was going to do so for Sting.
  • Fucked up the Sting match and beat him 1,2,3 before they restarted the match.
  • Dropped the belt on TV *again* this time to Goldberg.
  • Screwed Goldberg out of the belt, and then turned face instead of letting Goldberg get revenge.
For as much success as the nWo brought, it also brought plenty of failure as they never conclusively ended the story. They beat everybody and then just gotta faded away without getting their comeuppance.

Umm yeah it kinda does. They gave their biggest match away on TV which is counter to the point of trying to make money. Hogan blew his blowoffs the whole run.

• Dropped the belt on TV to Luger months before he was going to do so for Sting.
  • Fucked up the Sting match and beat him 1,2,3 before they restarted the match.
  • Dropped the belt on TV *again* this time to Goldberg.
  • Screwed Goldberg out of the belt, and then turned face instead of letting Goldberg get revenge.
For as much success as the nWo brought, it also brought plenty of failure as they never conclusively ended the story. They beat everybody and then just gotta faded away without getting their comeuppance.
Other shit they was doing doomed them not that Goldberg moment

The highs of the NWO outweigh all the lows and the bloodline will never be up there with the NWO. You talking Black & White or Black & Red they are over the bloodline.

Konan doing his thing>>>>Solo

Back