Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

1000000625.jpg
SOTD: Versace Eros Energy

It took forever for them to finally release this after announcing it....and they did it right at the end of summer...which sucks since this is a warm weather scent. Thankfully I live in the oven that is Houston, so I'll get a few more runs with this before the weather changes.

Citrus notes pop off at the beginning (smells like lemonheads) and then it dries down damn near identical to Aventus Cologne.

Creeds newest releases...Delphinus sounds right up my alley šŸ˜©

Creed has unveiled Centaurus and Delphinus as its two most recent offerings. Both scents are part of a new collection called The Amber Universe. This lineup will be based around various forms of amber while offering unique and interesting twists.

centaurus creed 2024

Creed Centaurus:​

Fragrance Notes:​

Smoky Tobacco, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Jasmine, Heliotrope, Geranium, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Ambroxan, Benzoin, Tolu Balsam, and Bourbon Vanilla.

Centaurus embodies an elegance that surpasses time itself. A fiery mƩlange of cardamom, cinnamon, and black pepper give warmth to smoky tobacco supported by patchouli and sacred sandalwood. A luxurious floral heart of heliotrope and jasmine adds depth to a resinous base of benzoin and tolu balsam accented by the richness of bourbon vanilla.

Inspired by the largest constellation in the universe, Centaurus pierces through the night sky to show its expansive reach. As the centaur inspired constellation with a spear at the ready, Centaurus shows it domain over the cosmos.

Centaurus comes in a ruby red bottle with the Creed crown printed on the front with the fragrance name. The cap is golden in color and matches the text on the bottle.

Delphinus br creed

Creed Delphinus:​

Fragrance Notes:​

Incense, Iris, and Bourbon Vanilla.
Delphinus provides an interesting twist on a spicy incense fragrance with precious iris found throughout. A touch of leathery bourbon vanilla binds the scent together to create the feeling of being under a nighttime sky full of sparkling stars.

Inspired by a constellation that resembles a dolphin, Delphinus is bathed in the scent of the stars. Offering an intriguing look into the beauty of orris while tantalizing it with precious resins and velvety vanilla.

Delphinus comes housed in a sunset orange bottle with a golden cap. The text along with the Creed crown are also printed on the face of the bottle in luxurious golden hues.
Centaurus looks like something I'd rock.

Creed's not known for their cold weather fragrances, still might roll the dice tho.

Centaurus looks like something I'd rock.

Creed's not known for their cold weather fragrances, still might roll the dice tho.

Its got a strong incense vibe, seems Creed are trying to hop on the Middle Eastern train... I didnt spray it on skin but the dry down went quite amberwoody/ambroxan which kinda put me off, it was nice before the dry down...

I think after Creed admitted they didnt use real ambergris, it came out most of the big classic Creed fragrances used ambroxan but had some complex pattern that made the ambroxan smooth and unnoticeable... Whereas Centaurus felt harsh and more like a Xerjoff than a Creed to me...

Though tbf Ive not worn it on skin...

Re-upped on Prada L'homme and 1 Milllion Lucky during Jomashop's Labor Day sale, or so I thought. I didn't realize I purchased the original 1 Million, smh. I got 1 Million Lucky as a gift, I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me. I didn't think it was possible for something to smell even sweeter, this og stuff smells like bubblegum, man.

Yeah, I'm might have to find a better home for this one. šŸ˜…

So I got a sample of Delphinus and it's a beautiful powdery vanilla. There is incense, some spice, a hint of leather in background to add some interest. I think the scent is nice, but it's definitely not worth the $545 price tag.

The price tag for Centaurus and Delphinus is mental theyre about Ā£40 more than normal Creeds... Fragrance houses are taking the piss with their prices atm...

Mad how Creed is even more expensive in North America too...

I'm hearing good things about Old Fashioned by Kilian. Sounds like my style of cold weather colognes.

Just ordered a sample, gonna pick it up later today.
I was going to take a sniff this weekend at Sephora. Kilian's last few releases since being bought by Estee Lauder have been lack luster IMO

So now that we're into September...what are those fall rotations looking like?

I haven't wore any PDM all year. Time to bring out Layton and Herod.

For the past couple years I've only rocked niche, but this past month I've started to entertain designers again.

I just copped Le Male Elixir... shit's pretty good. Perfect for colder weather.

I haven't wore any PDM all year. Time to bring out Layton and Herod.

For the past couple years I've only rocked niche, but this past month I've started to entertain designers again.

I just copped Le Male Elixir... shit's pretty good. Perfect for colder weather.
Designers have actually been stepping it up a little bit for fall this year. Got a samples of Jimmy Choo I want choo elixir and Givenchy l'interdit absolu, you can tell they are trying appeal to the niche consumer.

Not sure what I'll be rocking yet... GIT will defo be in rotation though, Patchouli Noisette, Rose de Jamal, Eight & Bob's Egypt will be in the mix too... Time to dig out those patchouli and mossy scents...

Agree @Tayboo and @Goldie I kinda went away from designer for ages but Ive defo got back into some of them this year...

Ive been following perfumers catalogs quite alot and seeing what theyve made over their career which is interesting...

Last edited:
Back