Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

If you had to cut down your collection to 2 fragrances, 1 for cold weather and 1 for warm weather, what would they be?

If you had to cut down your collection to 2 fragrances, 1 for cold weather and 1 for warm weather, what would they be?

Hmm from stuff currently in my collection and not on wish list, it would need to be versatile...

Its abit complicated as once I run out my current mid 00's Creed's Im not sure if Im gonna replace them or not... I dont care about the stories and how Oliver Creed 'stole' the fragrances etc like some do, for me its just how weak and watered down the reformations of my favourites have been...

Anyways ATM I would say 'Green Irish Tweed' for winter as Ive spent so much time with it and used to wear that in winter and spring but could be swayed by Penhaligon's 'Cairo' (or 'Halfeti' in the future) for the winter... I need to give them a good run out after summer but also those fragrances are all pretty safe and unoffencive, unlike some of the niche ones...

For summer again, the first Creed and niche fragrance I ever bought in 2008 was 'VIW', so its special to me and I fell in love with that scent the moment I smelt it... IMO the OG 'VIW' is the ultimate hot summer scent, I got less than 10mls of a mid 00's batch left and cant find a similar replacement for it... I nearly went with the Tom Ford joint but never settled with it, so either 'VIW' or maybe 'SMW'... No one can not like those in the summer...

My problem is rebuying the Creed's as the performance has dropped so bad... Even the mid 2013 and 2014 batches I got, which are still not vintage ones have a noticeable drop off...

Whats worrying is, today I used a 2ml tester vial of SMW rather than drain the little I got left in a bottle and it lasted about 20mins and didnt stick to my clothes at all... In the old days it was a given it would last on your clothes until you washed them...

And when I tested VIW in the store it smelt so much more limey and took ages for the coconut to come though.. Im torn what to do with the replacements, especially my beloved 'GIT'... Im gonna give VIW another chance though...

I just dont get why the last two owners of Creed have ruined the product so much, I dont mind little changes, like mid 00s batches for example but the projection of SMW today worried me... Im gonna test GIW soon, fck I hope thats better as its a denser fragrance then the freshies...

Anyways, apologies for the TLDR post... GIW and VIW lol

Warm- Eight & Bob (Original)
Cold -Ajmal (Amber Wood)

Ive not tried Ajmal but I really like Eight & Bob OG and their brand too... I got Egypt which I love...

Like Creed they get bashed because of the ridiculous back story lol Also like some of the lighter summer scents too...

Just sprayed YSL Y…first 10 mins it smells good but a little too “sharp” for my taste…hoping it softens a little

Wifey took me there as a birthday present back in April. I'll post my fragrance when I get back to the house.

I like that they let you save your creation on file, that way you can order more of your fragrance if you want.

Attachments

• PXL_20240419_164444419.jpg
    PXL_20240419_164444419.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240804_234359961.jpg
    PXL_20240804_234359961.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

I like that they let you save your creation on file, that way you can order more of your fragrance if you want.
Yep, this is the place🫱🏿‍🫲🏾

Back