Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fort Worth police officer shoots and kills black woman inside her home

Im glad dude is charged and he should be thrown under the jail. Thats good and well.

But when are people going to start holding the people that hire and train these killer cops accountable? Dude broke so many rules. Went for a welfare check and instead of knocking on the door, he flashes a flashlight through the window, never announces hes a cop and shoots her in under 2 seconds.

Either he was too pussy to be a cop, wasnt trained properly, or was a racist. Likely all 3. This should have all been figured out in the interview and training process. The motherfuckers doing these interviews, psyche evaluations, and training have to be held accountable.

Im glad dude is charged and he should be thrown under the jail. Thats good and well.

But when are people going to start holding the people that hire and train these killer cops accountable? Dude broke so many rules. Went for a welfare check and instead of knocking on the door, he flashes a flashlight through the window, never announces hes a cop and shoots her in under 2 seconds.

Either he was too pussy to be a cop, wasnt trained properly, or was a racist. Likely all 3. This should have all been figured out in the interview and training process. The motherfuckers doing these interviews, psyche evaluations, and training have to be held accountable.

Bro...

Who you telling?

I failed my first CPR exam because I didnt say "do i have your permission to perform the Heimlich?"

Taking a plea isn't about a good defense for his actions. Its about the amount of time the state offers. If the state offers a lot of time might as well go to trial just might get a lesser sentence than what the state offered especially if he elects for a trial by judge. Have to remember the black judge in the Guyger case is an elected judge who was endorsed by the dallas police union. If this cop judge is an elected judge and also endorsed by the union never know what sentence he may get.

Shit is way more complex than folks really like to make it out to be. Shit a numbers game. It's why people say going to trial is gambling with your life. You might be guilty as hell but hit and beat your charge or instead of doing 20 yrs or better only get 7. You might also get life when you had a deal on the table for 15 yrs but decided to roll the dice and take it to trial.
True but if he and his lawyer thought he had a decent shot for acquittal they may reject any pleas and go to trial.
We will see what happens.

Yup, the hiring and training protocols for police need a complete overhaul

Nah the training isn’t the problem. The problem is that they’re hiring racists...

source.gif

Folks keep saying the police need to be re-trained is giving them a ready made excuse for everything wrong that they do. If it was really a training issue these same issues would happen with just as much frequency in every neighborhood and with every race of people.

source.gif

Saying the police need to be re-trained is giving them a ready made excuse for everything wrong that they do. If it was really a training issue these same issues would happen with just as much frequency in every neighborhood and with every race of people.
Exactly.
Now let’s get back to the thread topic....

I think the delay in releasing his name may help his case a lil

allowin him to delete social media, where it's more than likely he had sum racist shit on there

the racist murderer bitch amber took a hit on that

I think the delay in releasing his name may help his case a lil

allowin him to delete social media, where it's more than likely he had sum racist shit on there

the racist murderer bitch amber took a hit on that
He’s still a cop and the blue wall will protect him.

I made nothing up.
Refer back to your post, you appear to imply that bringing it to focus was wrong.
That we should "recognize our blame", not have made an issue of it, and etc.
Which is how a person speaks on something they don't believe is right.
There was no reason to bring it up otherwise.

Far as the rest, I've already posted on that in the Guyger thread if you're curious.
Feels like I'd be repeating myself, so I won't waste the time.

If you wanted to discuss it, that's fine. But the reason that it became such a big topic of discussion to the point that it drowned out all other discussion is because ya'll made it that. And if you think that it should have been the foremost topic of discussion, that's fine. But people were also in that topic complaining about how it was drowning out discussion about the insufficiency of the sentence. You can't have it both ways. You can't turn something into a huge debate and then complain because it's taking attention from everything else. So yeah, if you're one of the people that thinks there wasn't enough light put onto the short sentence for example and you were also one of the ones pushing the anti-forgiveness tirade, you do deserve some of the blame for taking attention from something you thought was important.

Again, I don't disagree with you guys when you say the public forgiveness was a bad look. I just disagree with how much emphasis should have been put on it and the rhetoric that makes it seem like us being forgiving is why we're in a shitty position. Maybe us being to trusting, but not forgiveness because ultimately the forgiveness doesn't mean much.

Back