Welcome To aBlackWeb

Food Debate: I never knew this was a thing...

I'ma try the shit. I'll be the sacrificial lamb.

Pray for me.

ok guys. The verdict is in.

Made a grilled cheese with sharp cheddar and sourdough. With mayo instead of butter.

It wasn’t a dud. Couldn’t taste any remnants of the mayo at all. But all in all, I much prefer butter. You get that rich, buttery flavor soaked into the bread. Wasn’t like that with the mayo. So all in all, I don’t see what the mayo adds to the equation.

But maybe I need to use more mayo, cuz I used the thinnest layer humanly possible.

Made a grilled cheese with sharp cheddar and sourdough. With mayo instead of butter.

It wasn’t a dud. Couldn’t taste any remnants of the mayo at all. But all in all, I much prefer butter. You get that rich, buttery flavor soaked into the bread. Wasn’t like that with the mayo. So all in all, I don’t see what the mayo adds to the equation.

But maybe I need to use more mayo, cuz I used the thinnest layer humanly possible.
Need a redo. Use more mayo and report back.

You gotta slather it on the bread g lol. Ppl dont use enough fat when they make grilled cheeses. Whether it's butter or mayo, they dont put enough and then they shit dont be crispy and the cheese dont be melted enough.

You gotta slather it on the bread g lol. Ppl dont use enough fat when they make grilled cheeses. Whether it's butter or mayo, they dont put enough and then they shit dont be crispy and the cheese dont be melted enough.
Need a redo. Use more mayo and report back.

Aight, fuck it. I'ma give it another go at some point over the next couple days.

Mryounggun did that, so hopefully you won't have to go through that...

I been on my healthy shit the last few years so I rarely use butter I actually use country crock on the inside and just spray the pan with Pam to cook the outsides...

Food threads never disappoint. Just cause everybody does it differently and tries to convince the other person to try it they way

Aight y'all. Gather round. It's midnight on a Saturday night and this is what I'm doing with my life.

Another test

Sourdough, sharp cheddar, mayo

MAAAAAAAD mayo, to me, anyway

The verdict is in

Shit is good. Like I said before, you can't taste the mayo. But now that I used a thicker layer, the bread IS crispier and richer than when I use butter. I still prefer the butter taste, but if I wanted a grilled cheese and I ain't have no butter, I wouldn't hesitate to use mayo.

Ya learn something new everyday.

Last edited:
Aight y'all. Gather round. It's midnight on a Saturday night and this is what I'm doing with my life.

Another test

Sourdough, Sharons cheddar, mayo
View attachment 297953

View attachment 297954

The verdict is in
View attachment 297955

Shit is good. Like I said before, you can't taste the mayo. But now that I used a thicker layer, the bread IS crispier and richer than when I use butter. I still prefer the butter taste, but if I wanted a grilled cheese and I ain't have no butter, I wouldn't hesitate to use mayo.

you a legend for this

Another test

Sourdough, Sharons cheddar, mayo
View attachment 297953

View attachment 297954

The verdict is in
View attachment 297955

Oh that's how you feeling T8Ek9jN.png

Another test

Sourdough, sharp cheddar, mayo
View attachment 297953

View attachment 297954

The verdict is in
View attachment 297955

Great post.

Still using butter tho.

Shiid back in high school I stayed making grilled cheese sandwiches and crinkle cut fries with some salt n ketchup and tall glass of kool aid lol. I used butter to add flavor and comes out the skillet better.

Mayo tho? Wtf does that nasty shit?!? Probably white people lol

Back