Welcome To aBlackWeb

Five Mics Revisited Series: Jay-z "The Blueprint"

Is Blueprint a classic?

• Yes

Votes: 38 90.5%
  • NO

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
Classic album,I'll never forget the day I bought it. Back home there's a record store that stays open past Midnight on the day before an album releases. So I got a ride up

there bought the album and i listened to the Intro and then Takeover. I didn't get past those 2 songs ALL Night,I kept rewinding Takeover "Ask Nas he don't want it with

Hov Nooooooo", I couldn't believe that he called out Nas like that. So anyway I fall asleep with the headphones on while the album plays,wake up the next morning, pour

my cereal,turn on the TV and the first plane had already hit the tower, and a couple of minutes later the second plane hit,I thought it was a movie trailer.

The Blueprint is a classic along with Stillmatic.

But in hindsight compared to the stuff coming out of The South around the same time the Hip Hop from New York had no sub-bass.

If you added 808 to The Blueprint and Stillmatic they'd both be better.

Stillmatic is nowhere near as good as Blueprint I wish people would stop that

IMO Jay was at his peak lyrically and flow-wise on The Blueprint.

And whats crazy is that supposedly he finished this album in like 10 days....and its fucking bulletproof bruh.

Even the singles were elite in lyrics and flow.

Bro..i read an article where jay n his engineer basically said the bulk of it was done over the course of a weekend. Def a classic. I said on the IC many times. I personally think the blueprint is the best hip hop album I have heard and liked. Has everything you could ask for. Flawless and timeless. The beats, bars, hooks, flows, storytelling.
Btw, Em def got jay on this song, but again it was Eminem' s song anyways. So in truth, Eminem had better verses than jay on Eminem' song, it just happened to come out on jay's album. Em produced it, so that gave him a huge advantage as far as flow and technical approach.
Not to forget, jay put a top 10 diss song of all time on this shit.

Stillmatic is nowhere near as good as Blueprint I wish people would stop that

I agree. What s funny is that at the time bc of the whole nas being the underdog, I liked stillmatic better. But when revisiting these two. Blueprint is just a superior album. Stillmatic still a classic, but blueprint just better overall.

I been tryn revisit the tracks i remember not liking but its impossible to find Blueprint tracks on the internet.

Needa go thru my cd book and find the hard copy.

But from what i remember HOLA HOVITO, GIRLS X3, & JIGGA THAT NIGGA are all skippers.

5 mics should be reserved for albums that are perfect.

And anyone that says Jay has anything better than RD is drunk. Lyrically or musically.

I would say those were some of the weakest songs. But not dkippable, at least to me. But I also happened to really liked "jigga dat nigga" it doesn't fit the album too well, but I fucks w it. Gave the album some added energy

Back