Welcome To aBlackWeb

Five Mics Revisited Series: Jay-z "The Blueprint"

Is Blueprint a classic?

• Yes

Votes: 38 90.5%
  • NO

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
It really show how far kanye west has fallen off when it comes down to Production. Never Change is my favorite song on the album.

Izzo, Jigga that nigga and Hola Hovito will forever have me say its not a classic.

I like the album but its not classic to me.

aye man, you the one who jumped out the plane with no chute

Actually it is, dummy. The song you're talking about is "Jigga My Nigga"

Exactly, nigga came in here talking shit but just ended up being
all-loud-and-wrong.jpg

dcfa45963183416837e10bb70b01edd0.1000x1000x1.jpg

1. "The Ruler's Back"
2. "Takeover"
3. "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"
4. "Girls, Girls, Girls"
5. "Jigga That Nigga"
6. "U Don't Know"
7. "Hola' Hovito"
8. "Heart of the City (Ain't No Love)"
9. "Never Change"
10. "Song Cry"
11. "All I Need"
12. "Renegade" (featuring Eminem)
13. "Blueprint (Momma Loves Me)"

What say ya'll. I keep seeing people say this isnt Jay's best work and that it shouldnt be revered as a classic. State your case as to why it should/shouldnt be

I'ma post my response later.

Damn I just discovered a new Mandela effect! in my reality jay never had to Rocawear logo on his back on the album cover! who else has the same memory?

I remember bumping this album in my small CD player with my brother early 02 alongside STILLmatic because of the fresh beef brewing then

And I recall Jay switching from freshly cooked beats on his previous albums to soul samples on this album...

But for me the production on the album was what caught my attention more... You couldn't tell who produced what from either Ye, Justin or Bink!

I agree with @Goldie .. RD still his best shit and to me...

The Black Album >>> The Blueprint

The Blueprint is a classic along with Stillmatic.

But in hindsight compared to the stuff coming out of The South around the same time the Hip Hop from New York had no sub-bass.

If you added 808 to The Blueprint and Stillmatic they'd both be better.

I dont remember that being there either, but I never paid that much attention...

Shit was never there to me...Just like the other night I was watching Rocky 3 and at the end they had no head gear on when Rocky and Apollo was having their private fight..to me I remember head gear on them both...strange times.

Shit was never there to me...Just like the other night I was watching Rocky 3 and at the end they had no head gear on when Rocky and Apollo was having their private fight..to me I remember head gear on them both...strange times.
I was with you until you said Rocky... if Family Guy says they weren't wearing gear, then they weren't wearing gear...

Back