Welcome To aBlackWeb

First dates: How Much Should You Spend?

i do drinks and food....gotta throw the food in cause i usually ended up drinking too much and a few times that went to shit...lol but im cool with a $100 all together

real shit, most first dates are either meet for coffee or meet for drinks. And its not being cheap, its to see if we vibe.

So im looking at this as first real date. Which means we already met up and vibed. Also means its a 95% chance im smashing.

I could easily see me spending between $100 to $200 depending on what the date is.

I like this.

not against happy hour at all

i am against niggas trying to be Dave Chappelle on half baked and trying to squeeze blood out of turnips knowing you aint got proper ends

many moons ago I had a half baked date lol

"It's nice out tonight, let's walk the bridge"

shit actually turned out well, better than I expected at least

:shrug2:

A date is usually food and drinks, so she’ll expect food and drinks. If you call it a meet up, grab a few drinks, you can spend very little without being viewed as cheap.

Is that the "pre date" bullshit I've seen niggas trying to push lately? Nigga that is still a date. If you dont wanna spend a certain amount then simply dont go to a place you know will require you to spend money. Also it would probably help if niggas stopped treating women they only want to fuck as potential girlfriends. that also would make it easier to stop spending money on women you stupidly deem "not worth it"

Depends on how much fun I'm having.....

I've had some dates go high af cuz I was legit enjoying myself

I like to keep it light for the first meet up....drinks. That way if it's going south, I didn't commit to something as long as dinner but if it's fun I can giggle and flirt.

If you met on a dating APP (while only chatting for a couple of weeks on and off) or it's a blind date then like @Lea listed above it's always smart to go for coffee, pastry shops, tea, drinks, or for a leisurely stroll at 1st. The reason in my opinion this is the best/smartest decision is due to the fact you can actually talk in person (actually experiencing all their mannerisms, attention span, etc.) easier with less things going on and keep it brief if need be or extend the date if things are going well, much easier.

If you are locked into dinner for the 1st time meeting (without at least a couple of weeks chatting) depending on the establishment and meal you both could be distracted (bad service, the actual pressure of not ordering too much or little, not getting your outfit dirty, worrying about dietary or allergy issues, etc..) and not as talkative or open. Not to mention if the date is going bad you are stuck with someone for longer than you might want to be there unless one of you just leaves early.

On a first date? Where the idea is to get to know each other? I'm not going to spend that much. Like $100 would be the absolute max. Ideally, we wouldn't need to go over $50-75. The fun extravagant dates come later for a woman I genuinely like and having fun with already comes naturally. For a stranger, albeit a pretty one with a nice butt, they get a light meal with a side of extra conversation.

Last edited:
I see a lot of people getting used for dinner and drinks. I'll go with the ams strategy and spend no more than 50 bucks. Date will be about an hour and that's it. If we make it to a second one im going to splurge. 55-60 bucks. *in Jim Jones voice* baaaaaalllllliiiiiinnnnn!!!!!

Elaborate.
Drop that knowledge fam

Long story short it shows that a very high majority of people are going into non-existent situations already with fucked up thoughts and practices. Making a lot of judgments of complete strangers based on the flimsiest so called "logical" standards.

Folks out here really treating "dating" like a business transaction and everybody is trying to come out ahead on the "date" or get one up on the other person.

Long story short it shows that a very high majority of people are going into non-existent situations already with fucked up thoughts and practices. Making a lot of judgments of complete strangers based on the flimsiest so called "logical" standards.

Folks out here really treating "dating" like a business transaction and everybody is trying to come out ahead on the "date" or get one up on the other person.

Agree with most of this. Most people's worst fear is being taken advantage of, for some reason. And it shows in threads like this.

What are the flimsy standards that you are referring to

Also. Folks standards for dating is unique and no one way fots the bill.

So what folks are saying In here setting their own standards regardless if you think it’s flimsy or not is perfectly fine on all accounts

Back