Welcome To aBlackWeb

First dates: How Much Should You Spend?

Agree with most of this. Most people's worst fear is being taken advantage of, for some reason. And it shows in threads like this.
which is why the Du's and the Chicity's of this side of the discussion are right in the sense that if you are actually enjoying YOURSELF, there is no way you can leave the date feeling like you got taken advantage of

if you aren't trying to enjoy yourself and only see the date as an obligation on some "this what I gotta do" type shit, then you'll always feel you're getting the short end of the stick

Long story short it shows that a very high majority of people are going into non-existent situations already with fucked up thoughts and practices. Making a lot of judgments of complete strangers based on the flimsiest so called "logical" standards.

Folks out here really treating "dating" like a business transaction and everybody is trying to come out ahead on the "date" or get one up on the other person.
Basically...

They don't even approach dating from a having fun social experience...

They look at it as leverage and positioning... Making sure they come out with the highest reward for lowest amount put in...

That don't sound like fun to me ??‍♂️

Exactly. I’m not going out to interview or come out ahead. I’m going out to enjoy myself with someone who could potentially be in my life for a while. I’m not letting a certain amount hinder a good time. However, I’m not gonna go into it trying to come off a good $300-$500 dollars. However, I feel like $100 is not a lot to come off on a first date. Not a meet up. I like to do my small chat and shit on the phone for the free. I’m talking about a real ass date where he and I are pass that basic stuff.

I was on a date yesterday, invited her on a date at my job we went to the gym at school (where I work) I took out mattresses that are soft, I lay her down and I brang out strawbarries from my bag. End up kissing but not banging.

Agree with most of this. Most people's worst fear is being taken advantage of, for some reason. And it shows in threads like this.

I wont even say that's not a legit fear to have however for the type of relationships most people say they want, you cant let that fear overpower you or control your every move and too many succumb to that fear.

What are the flimsy standards that you are referring to
Also. Folks standards for dating is unique and no one way fots the bill.

So what folks are saying In here setting their own standards regardless if you think it’s flimsy or not is perfectly fine on all accounts

The shit not even real standards it's really a bullshit crutch folks use for the bullshit they be on.

I was on a date yesterday, invited her on a date at my job we went to the gym at school (where I work) I took out mattresses that are soft, I lay her down and I brang out strawbarries from my bag. End up kissing but not banging.
You a goat poster, I wanted to say. So many questions. Where did you find a mattress at a school? Or was it a mat? No one questioned you while you in the middle of a gym floor laying on a mattress?

Exactly. I’m not going out to interview or come out ahead. I’m going out to enjoy myself with someone who could potentially be in my life for a while. I’m not letting a certain amount hinder a good time. However, I’m not gonna go into it trying to come off a good $300-$500 dollars. However, I feel like $100 is not a lot to come off on a first date. Not a meet up. I like to do my small chat and shit on the phone for the free. I’m talking about a real ass date where he and I are pass that basic stuff.
What's your scenario for an ideal first date?

$100 is like £70? I’ll spend that on my own in a night out. I’ll usually blow over £100 easy, ain’t worried about cost of the date aslong as I remember the night the next day.

Man hell no

Home cooked meals and folding chairs???

Allah bless you my brother
@Chicity Just planned a date that involves the outdoors. Im gonna Grab some Barcelona's to go and set up an area at the DC Georgetown waterfront park. Bring some chairs, blankets, music and wine (if she wants the wine). She said it was a great idea. Don't sleep on the park ideas man. You missing out.

@Chicity Just planned a date that involves the outdoors. Im gonna Grab some Barcelona's to go and set up an area at the DC Georgetown waterfront park. Bring some chairs, blankets, music and wine (if she wants the wine). She said it was a great idea. Don't sleep on the park ideas man. You missing out.
It wasnt the park that did it, it was the home cooked meal

I'm sure its gonna be dope tho

There are generally 3 types of first dates. IEach have a different price points. If we are talking about 2nd or 3rd dates the prices go out th window

1) not sure/just met date. $0-$40 This is about getting to know someone, see if you have anything in common to see if you want to go on a real date/ hangout further. This is coffee, tea or drinks, appetizer or snack, walk around a bit and maybe site see.

2) Actual date, kind of know the person. $40-$100. This is a meal at a chain restaurant and an lower cost activity after (movie, museum, wine or beer tasting).

3) Known each other for a while date. $50-$200+. You already get along, have things in common and possibly mutual friends so the wallet is a little more open. At the very least you realize it is just a friend vibe and ya'll hang out, at its best it has a good chance of leading to something. Nicer meal, unusual or expensive activity. On the lower expense side since you two already know each other you can do a home made meal or take out, beach/waterfront/any place-with-a-view picnic. See @loud-ninja example above.

Last edited:
Back