Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION Final Fantasy XVI

I've played just about all FF save things like tactics, chronicles, and them sequels to mainline like X2 XIII2 etc.

Heavily fucked with XV but actually never went back to do any of the DLCs. Always thought about going back to rock em but idk lol. Platinum the original version tho. That cave you don't even fight was some tough shit lol (don't need to complete to Plat but I did anyway)

Looking forward to XVI. Def cop for me. can't wait for more on combat.

Side note I even beasted the online ones. XI and XIV.. spent to many hours on them shits lol. Retired now.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss more traditional turn based rpgs. There are ways to make them modern and appeal to audiences.

They're still eating off of Persona 5 and Dragon Quest is going strong so I know it can be done.

But I'll check this out, I enjoyed 15. I'm glad they're finally making a mature title though

I just learned that FF7 remake is a Sequel to the Original FF7 and not a remake, never played the original or avent children so it went over my head. Was reading the blog square did on FF7 and the producer mentioned it

This disappoints me but FF been wack after FF12. The games have been so empty after that. Hopfelly FF7 part has a real world map like the OG. FF15 was incomplete too and they cut content so sell it as DLC. The seties is a far cry from the classic games like 6, 7 and 8.
They definitely messed up 15, it had crazy potential. It could've even be saved if they kept that dlc in the regular game. And tightened that story up

I just learned that FF7 remake is a Sequel to the Original FF7 and not a remake, never played the original or avent children so it went over my head. Was reading the blog square did on FF7 and the producer mentioned it

It's complicated. About 90% of FF7R was are remake/expansion of like the first third of the original game. However, that other 10% is shenanigans that references the original game and suggests that it's existence is canon to FF7R, so it's kind of a remake and a sequel at the same time.

Yea but the world is woke now the excuse used was weak black peoples were definitely in Europe

lol Black people don't have to be in every game. And yes, black people were present in medieval Europe, its not like black people made up a substantial portion of the population back then. Honestly, he didn't need a reason to not have a black person in it just like no one would need a reason to not have a white person or a Japanese person in game set in Africa or an imaginary world meant to be like Africa.

lol Black people don't have to be in every game. And yes, black people were present in medieval Europe, its not like black people made up a substantial portion of the population back then. Honestly, he didn't need a reason to not have a black person in it just like no one would need a reason to not have a white person or a Japanese person in game set in Africa or an imaginary world meant to be like Africa.

Well that’s my thing if he had said nothing instead of that weak excuse it would’ve been better. But Japanese folks be on some other shit

Well that’s my thing if he had said nothing instead of that weak excuse it would’ve been better. But Japanese folks be on some other shit

What weak excuse? His answer was basically "We wanted the world to be like medieval Europe so the cast represents that." The black population in Europe around that time was probably < 1%. That's not enough act like developers should be required to put a black person in.

Also, recognize that Japan is a super ethnically homogenous place, so they don't exactly have diversity and inclusion at the top of their list of considerations when developing games. That said Square-Enix is releasing a high profile game next year with a black woman protag, so who cares if FFXVI has a black character or not?

What weak excuse? His answer was basically "We wanted the world to be like medieval Europe so the cast represents that." The black population in Europe around that time was probably < 1%. That's not enough act like developers should be required to put a black person in.

Also, recognize that Japan is a super ethnically homogenous place, so they don't exactly have diversity and inclusion at the top of their list of considerations when developing games. That said Square-Enix is releasing a high profile game next year with a black woman protag, so who cares if FFXVI has a black character or not?

Bro it still a fantasy we got flying chickens and magic. All I’m saying was to me that was a lame excuse and could’ve just not say anything.

Back