Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION Final Fantasy VII Remake Thread

Because it's not just a 1:1 remake. I'm not sure how to say this any clearer. This is not the original game with prettier graphics. It's basically a complete reinvisioning of the original game.

Let me give you an example. After the bombing run in the very beginning of the game, you make the choice to go back to the base. You basically get a few scenes where you seem some destruction, have a couple fights, and that's it. It's basically just an add-on to the end of the bombing run. In this game, it's whole chapter. You actually get to experience the chaos that your actions caused and at some point you have to basically fight through waves of the Shinra military to get free. However, on top of that, there are several things that happen that just flat out aren't in the original story. The whole game is basically like that.

I guess I'm just not seeing how that's a problem. Your MCU comparison is a good one. Damn near every hero in the MCU gets a trilogy. Did you say? I'm not going to go see Captain America or Thor. I'll just wait til all three movies are finished and pick up the box set?
I meant as far as infinity war/Endgame

I see it as a problem because if I buy the first installment, to get the full experience, I have to buy all three and that’s $180

now I still could buy it but I might just wait

as far as what you said I did not see any Thor movies in theatres except ragnarok

I got close to beating it had squall level 100. Fucked around and saved over it and was so hurt. I did beat FF9 tho

I don't want to buy a game and then wait a year to continue the story. I heard they're still working on part 2 so who knows when that will be dropping let alone part 3

I think part 2 and 3 will come out wayyy quicker than part 1. The biggest hurdle was developing the game engine and assets but since they can reuse most of that the 2nd one probably will come out in a year to 2 max and i bet the 3rd one comes out a year after the 2nd

I just remember that Square dropped Saga Frontier 2, Legend of Mana, Threads of Fate, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve 2, Final Fantasy VIII, and Vagrant Story all within a year of each other. There wasn't no company fucking with them back then. I mean if you aren't an RPG fan that lineup probably doesn't mean anything to you, but put it like this. That would be like Capcom dropping Street Fighter Alpha 3, Darkstalkers 2, Marvel vs Capcom, Capcom vs SNK, Devil May Cry, and Onimusha all in the same year. That would be crazy.

I just remember that Square dropped Saga Frontier 2, Legend of Mana, Threads of Fate, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve 2, Final Fantasy VIII, and Vagrant Story all within a year of each other. There wasn't no company fucking with them back then. I mean if you aren't an RPG fan that lineup probably doesn't mean anything to you, but put it like this. That would be like Capcom dropping Street Fighter Alpha 3, Darkstalkers 2, Marvel vs Capcom, Capcom vs SNK, Devil May Cry, and Onimusha all in the same year. That would be crazy.

that was the absolute best time to be a rpg fan...I just discovered emulators that year too so i got to go back and play some of SNES rpgs too. FF6 and Chrono trigger gotta be one of the top 3 rpgs ever lol

Chrono Trigger is my favorite RPG, maybe favorite game of all time.

Trials of Mana which was the third Mana game that you could only play on emulator back in the day is actually getting a remake that's being released this month. I played the demo. It's dope. I'll be getting it after I finish FF7R.

Chrono Trigger is my favorite RPG, maybe favorite game of all time.

Trials of Mana which was the third Mana game that you could only play on emulator back in the day is actually getting a remake that's being released this month. I played the demo. It's dope. I'll be getting it after I finish FF7R.
A remake on the scale of ff7 remake? Or like a remaster? I'm gonna have to look into that, I remember some game trials of mana but I think it was when I was super young and I never got into it too hardcore but I always hear about the game

Beat rufus and escaped the shinra building. Fights are getting tough man. I need to buy more materia I'm constantly swapping them off of folks depending how my party is lol. Dope having red 13 but kinda wack you cant control him at all. Makes sense as far as his equipment being his claws, but would still be dope having him be playable. Maybe he is and I just havent gotten that far yet or maybe he will be next game

A remake on the scale of ff7 remake? Or like a remaster? I'm gonna have to look into that, I remember some game trials of mana but I think it was when I was super young and I never got into it too hardcore but I always hear about the game

It's not on the level of FF7R, but it's a significant upgrade.

large.jpg

Battle_4.jpg

Back