Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

I liked FF8 a lot first one I played. I accidentally deleted my shit. Squall was like level 81 I was in disc 4. So pissed. I did beat FF9 though.

Finally beat the game last week, and as someone whose been through the original like 3 times…I’m not sure how I feel about some of the end game story changes.

I was fully anticipating the Aerith death scene the closer I got to the end, and was going to be proactive in removing all of her materia and equipment right before she got stabbed up. Bad move. These mfs brought her back for the final battle w/ Sephiroth….so here I am w/ Cloud and Aerith w/ no equip or materia on her. Needless to say, it made the last battle more difficult than it should have been. I could’ve went back to a prior save to re-equip her shit, but that would’ve required re-doing the drawn out team fight scene that preceded the last battle.

Finally beat the game last week, and as someone whose been through the original like 3 times…I’m not sure how I feel about some of the end game story changes.

I was fully anticipating the Aerith death scene the closer I got to the end, and was going to be proactive in removing all of her materia and equipment right before she got stabbed up. Bad move. These mfs brought her back for the final battle w/ Sephiroth….so here I am w/ Cloud and Aerith w/ no equip or materia on her. Needless to say, it made the last battle more difficult than it should have been. I could’ve went back to a prior save to re-equip her shit, but that would’ve required re-doing the drawn out team fight scene that preceded the last battle.

Same thing kinda happened to me, I unequipped the cat nigga, then they threw his weak ass in the fight against Bahamat. Tifa backpack was heavy for that fight

So Cloud stopped Sephiroth from stabbing Aerith and she still dies, did I miss something?

Aerith got stabbed and killed presumably (although they didn’t show the blade going through her like the original), but they brought her back “in spirit” to help Cloud fight the last battle. She’s also in the end game scene talking to Cloud…only he can see her but the others can sense her presence.

So Cloud stopped Sephiroth from stabbing Aerith and she still dies, did I miss something?

Aerith got stabbed and killed presumably (although they didn’t show the blade going through her like the original), but they brought her back “in spirit” to help Cloud fight the last battle. She’s also in the end game scene talking to Cloud…only he can see her but the others can sense her presence.

I was a bit confused on that. I thought it was on some seeing different realities type shit. Like we mightve saw a reality where he saved her but hes in the one where she died. Kinda like with Zack

I was a bit confused on that. I thought it was on some seeing different realities type shit. Like we mightve saw a reality where he saved her but hes in the one where she died. Kinda like with Zack

Theres definitely some multiverse shit happening, but I don’t think this was that.

I think that whole section just showing his fucked up mental state. He’s not able to accept the fact that he didn’t save her. And just like he created the false reality about himself of being a Soldier, he’s doing it again with Aerith. That’s why he acting so funny on the part where they all sitting around moping about it, and he seems to be unaffected, …they showed quick flashes of what really happened and he did the water burial thing.

Even Sephiroth told him he still couldn’t see the truth with clouded eyes, while he flicked her blood off his sword.

Dude in denial.

Even at the beginning of that battle in his mind, with him and Aerith vs Seph, she said “I saw what you TRIED to do… thanks” or something like that. They laying the groundwork for his full psychotic break in the 3rd one, where he give the black materia to Seph.

Took me about 12 chances to finally beat that mf'er. I need to watch an ending explanation cause I'm confused.

@Inori Sephiroth kicking my ass when it's Cloud and Aerith. Dude hits me with octoslash and it's over.

The trick to that fight is to play as Aerith. Use Cloud for the synergy guard.

That move he does when he sticks his sword in the ground, Aerith can one shot that shit with her Sorceror storm

Once you get Radiant ward/ATB ward/Arcane ward up, you basically free casting uninterrupted

Back