Welcome To aBlackWeb

Father challenges son to a fight after he was being disrespectful

Fair or Foul?

• Total voters
Father wants the kid to exhibit self control while he didn’t show the kid self control.

The fact is, like Lurker said, this ain’t normal behavior. Something else is going on that is unseen to us. Here’s an example, weak may it be, idk, but the thread where the mother is calling her own child ugly.. jokes or not, that’s not loving or respectful. This is the kind of parenting some kids grow up with... unappreciated, loveless, harsh words etc. His response of telling his family members disrespectful things is more than likely a response to the disrespect he is also receiving. He’s lashing out in a way he feels is proper when it isn’t, and he’s getting a huge whooping for it. There’s many things that need to be addressed before anyone here can agree w this type of abuse, because that’s exactly what it is, regardless of what you guys feel the kid “deserves”.
he did show self control by warning him.

at some point you can keep pushing the line.

you'd have a point if he beat him every day or often like that.

you doing alot of assuming....this is my job but its nice to see im not alone...lol

he did show self control by warning him.

at some point you can keep pushing the line.

you'd have a point if he beat him every day or often like that.

you doing alot of assuming....this is my job but its nice to see im not alone...lol

All we have here is to assume, this whole thread is full of it. My main question is, what does his “pass after pass” mean?

“Hey don’t do that again!”

pass

“Do it again and I’m gonna beat your ass”

pass

??

If so, and of course that’s an assumption, then what value did those words truly carry? A threat and nothing more, right? That’s what how I mostly try to parent w my kids when they step out of line or do something wrong, even in ignorance. When you can show someone the value of what they’re doing, wrong and right, then there’s more understanding that goes w that and that becomes a true teaching moment.

But we know that most parents do not do this. I see this everywhere, on the internet, news, stories, books, stores etc. So, this is an assumption based on a generic pattern we see in society in all homes, no matter their race. There was video of the white kid being insanely disrespectful to his dad, it was on here a few months ago. That kid also is not being shown value of what he’s saying/doing. The father was very passive in his parenting rather than immediately shutting him down and turning it into a teaching moment.

There’s a video of two Black kids ready to fight, but some older dude steps in and shuts down the fight and shows them the true value of what they were going to do and the value of their friends surrounding them. That was a beautiful teaching moment and that’s how you immediately shut something down and open the eyes of the ignorant. One of my favorite viral videos of all time.

There’s ways to handle issues and violence isn’t the right way. Everyone thinks this is the right way because the idea of it being “manly” rather than a proper teaching moment.

All we have here is to assume, this whole thread is full of it. My main question is, what does his “pass after pass” mean?

“Hey don’t do that again!”

pass

“Do it again and I’m gonna beat your ass”

pass

??

If so, and of course that’s an assumption, then what value did those words truly carry? A threat and nothing more, right? That’s what how I mostly try to parent w my kids when they step out of line or do something wrong, even in ignorance. When you can show someone the value of what they’re doing, wrong and right, then there’s more understanding that goes w that and that becomes a true teaching moment.

But we know that most parents do not do this. I see this everywhere, on the internet, news, stories, books, stores etc. So, this is an assumption based on a generic pattern we see in society in all homes, no matter their race. There was video of the white kid being insanely disrespectful to his dad, it was on here a few months ago. That kid also is not being shown value of what he’s saying/doing. The father was very passive in his parenting rather than immediately shutting him down and turning it into a teaching moment.

There’s a video of two Black kids ready to fight, but some older dude steps in and shuts down the fight and shows them the true value of what they were going to do and the value of their friends surrounding them. That was a beautiful teaching moment and that’s how you immediately shut something down and open the eyes of the ignorant. One of my favorite viral videos of all time.

There’s ways to handle issues and violence isn’t the right way. Everyone thinks this is the right way because the idea of it being “manly” rather than a proper teaching moment.
a poster once said i will match your energy.

and this kid brought negative energy.....not to men or other males but to women and girls.
even if it wasnt his father it had to be someone.....

dude felt untouchable like some many dudes tend to feel. battery on ya back from elsewhere.
\
so he need to learn real time energy exists and someone bigger will come....

where was all the fuck you when he was catching those blows?

he covered up ....tried once and got shut down.
and folded in the face of the energy he puts out.

Not with recording it and usually don’t condone it but if what the pops said is true it’s justified. Too old to be putting hands on sisters an shit. And his dad didn’t go all in either

One of the things I don't like about this generation of kids is how they integrate their slang while talking to their parents. When I was a kid even if you were talking back you talked back using normal language. You didn't call you're parents "bruh" or say "facts" You would disagree and try as hard as you could to do it while sounding grown. These lil niggas today talk to their parents like they homeboys. I would never in my life call my mom bruh. I don't even call my wife that. How do you even fix your mouth to address your parents like that?

This lil nigga told his father to chill out bruh like he was a friend of his that was making a joke. All while his father was beating his ass. So even throughout the ass whoopin he was still being very disrespectful. Nigga said fuck you to his grandmama. Back in the day yo pops wouldn't even have to see you for that because the whole family would've been jumped on yo ass.

I feel you. But a lot of parents use slang with kids. My parents were too old for that. Plus they ain’t call me nigga. They viewed that as street talk. So his kid response is what’s acceptable

you know you getting your ass beat when a dude hits you and he basically tossing you from arm to arm with hits

As a father if you come to blows with your teenage son and you don't drop him from a punch its an automatic loss.

Lol I feel you but depends on what level of teen 13 to 15 you should be able to drop him but if your kids one of those big 16 year old Zion niggas I can understand

long story short....i told him not to do something.....his mom told him to do it anyway and get the football coach to help protect him.
saw this shit in a text.....

i went to his school........he came out with his coach....i dropped him and went after the coach and he copped pleas saying he understands a fathers anger and just wanted blah blah blah and he sorry to get into family shit.

niggas said i wasnt right.

Yea sounds like you were in the wrong here. You should’ve checked the mom who approved. If the parent I’m staying with says yea then that’s a yea

Back