Welcome To aBlackWeb

Father challenges son to a fight after he was being disrespectful

Fair or Foul?

• Total voters
But let’s not forget that New Orleans boy who got whooped by his uncle on camera and got shot trying to prove himself

Yea sounds like you were in the wrong here. You should’ve checked the mom who approved. If the parent I’m staying with says yea then that’s a yea
The local police and judge were on my side. Coach apologized.
Sin dint step out of line with me no more....his mom eventually list her son's respect.

I think I was in the right.

Dint matter who said what....I'm the father and my authority positikn was challenged.
Not because he thought it was sweet but because someone told him too.
It was multiple lessons taught that day.

He didn't go to jail....and he now sees how stupid it all was.

Nah. Parents was hype when I tossed my older brother across the room at 18 tho. Like that was a legit proud moment to see me get that pent up anger out, I was fed up. Been beating niggas ass ever since.
Post ya address when you ready for an L

The local police and judge were on my side. Coach apologized.
Sin dint step out of line with me no more....his mom eventually list her son's respect.

I think I was in the right.

Dint matter who said what....I'm the father and my authority positikn was challenged.
Not because he thought it was sweet but because someone told him too.
It was multiple lessons taught that day.

He didn't go to jail....and he now sees how stupid it all was.

See where I'm not vibing is you beat him for honoring his other parent, who you alleged was playing mind games, while also acknowledging he didn't do it cause he thought shit was sweet... Which makes both of yall wack af.
Judge may have not found you guilty but you still did some wack shit my g.

No disrespect. Just keeping it a buck with the info you provided.

See where I'm not vibing is you beat him for honoring his other parent, who you alleged was playing mind games, while also acknowledging he didn't do it cause he thought shit was sweet... Which makes both of yall wack af.
Judge may have not found you guilty but you still did some wack shit my g.

No disrespect. Just keeping it a buck with the info you provided.
No disrespect taken.
Him mom was ok with him being in harm's way. He's teen thinking he didn't have to listen.

I can respect him coming at me alone...still woulda slumped him. But I would have respected it.

But with the reasoning behind all this....bruh you would have done the same.

Trust me.

No disrespect taken.
Him mom was ok with him being in harm's way. He's teen thinking he didn't have to listen.

I can respect him coming at me alone...still woulda slumped him. But I would have respected it.

But with the reasoning behind all this....bruh you would have done the same.

Trust me.

If you only gonna put out bits and pieces of the story what you want me to say brother?

If you only gonna put out bits and pieces of the story what you want me to say brother?
It's just something I willing to share.

It's all in the past....an he know now's why I did what I did.

I hear what people are trying to say...but does anything else need to be said after he thought I would let fuckery fly because his mom thought I'd be afraid to act out because someone else is around?

It wasn't a time to wait til you get home but bitch up cuz his coach was there....
Nah

That was the straw that paralyzed the camel.

It's just something I willing to share.

It's all in the past....an he know now's why I did what I did.

I hear what people are trying to say...but does anything else need to be said after he thought I would let fuckery fly because his mom thought I'd be afraid to act out because someone else is around?

It wasn't a time to wait til you get home but bitch up cuz his coach was there....
Nah

That was the straw that paralyzed the camel.

Fair but do that shit in private. Prove to your son its serious. You ain't gotta prove it to me.

I don't really care bruh.

All we have here is to assume, this whole thread is full of it. My main question is, what does his “pass after pass” mean?

“Hey don’t do that again!”

pass

“Do it again and I’m gonna beat your ass”

pass

??

If so, and of course that’s an assumption, then what value did those words truly carry? A threat and nothing more, right? That’s what how I mostly try to parent w my kids when they step out of line or do something wrong, even in ignorance. When you can show someone the value of what they’re doing, wrong and right, then there’s more understanding that goes w that and that becomes a true teaching moment.

But we know that most parents do not do this. I see this everywhere, on the internet, news, stories, books, stores etc. So, this is an assumption based on a generic pattern we see in society in all homes, no matter their race. There was video of the white kid being insanely disrespectful to his dad, it was on here a few months ago. That kid also is not being shown value of what he’s saying/doing. The father was very passive in his parenting rather than immediately shutting him down and turning it into a teaching moment.

There’s a video of two Black kids ready to fight, but some older dude steps in and shuts down the fight and shows them the true value of what they were going to do and the value of their friends surrounding them. That was a beautiful teaching moment and that’s how you immediately shut something down and open the eyes of the ignorant. One of my favorite viral videos of all time.

There’s ways to handle issues and violence isn’t the right way. Everyone thinks this is the right way because the idea of it being “manly” rather than a proper teaching moment.

For the most part bruh...I would agree wit you. But ON THIS...naw man. Bruh said "Fucc you" to his mama and grandmama.

I dunno if it's a cultural thing or what...but in the black community...you don't EVER disrespect your mama or grandmama. You wanna see someone catch a beat down...disrespect their mama and see what happens. You gonna disrespect the 2 women who raised you, changed you, put food on the table, clothes on your back, and you got the audacity to tell them BOTH "Fucc you"????

Naw bruh. There's only but so much a parent can let slide b4 they result to whoopin that azzz. That shyt is one of them. I wish I would tell my mama "Fucc you". Bruh I'd be on Stephen Hawkins status communicating thru a computer. Lol

Foul.

Just not the way that this should be dealt with.

The very fact that his sons was doing what he was doing tells you a lot about the effectiveness of his pop's parenting style.

I didn’t miss that... but what were his word? pass after pass, but after what? “keep acting up and I’m gonna beat your ass” ?? teaches nothing.

I can say that in the 3mths I’ve changed my views, now going to church weekly 2x, going to the men’s prayer days, getting involved in bible study, my oldest son coming w me, I’ve seen a change in my kids and myself. They’re still moody kids here and there but they are now thinking twice and seeing value in respect and love. Been saying we love each other more. More hugs. More thanks. And I’ve seen their attitudes changes. I’ve seen their willingness to do their chores change. We sit and talk about the value of life, respect, love etc. we read the Word together, we interact a lot... that’s what this kid is missing, not an asswhooping... that builds resentment and hate, this will not work, mark my words

Wait what? Yall reading this? Vibe from the IC who shitted on religion for years is now a man of faith?!

Someone really is fucking up the time line out there.

OMG.....i actually wanna do this shit to my nephew cuz he's on the wrong path and headed to hell in hand basket fast.....the biggest problem as to why i haven't touched him yet is bc he's in Miami and I'm in Maryland right now so i cant even put paws on him like i want to. And he needs a couple of ass whoopings asap before he catches a bullet and a casket or a cell and a boyfriend in those streets....im constantly hearing shit from my mom about how he's actin and I've already put hands on him years ago and promised to do it again next time i see him....i just don't know when that will be(and he's still growing....while I'm getting older and weaker lmao). I don't mind the recording but to post it could get Pops jammed up so i dont understand the reason for that....I'd keep the recording and keep REMINDING the lil nigga with the clip everytime he gets out of line....giving him time stamps and quotes all damn day lol

One of the things I don't like about this generation of kids is how they integrate their slang while talking to their parents. When I was a kid even if you were talking back you talked back using normal language. You didn't call you're parents "bruh" or say "facts" You would disagree and try as hard as you could to do it while sounding grown. These lil niggas today talk to their parents like they homeboys. I would never in my life call my mom bruh. I don't even call my wife that. How do you even fix your mouth to address your parents like that?

This lil nigga told his father to chill out bruh like he was a friend of his that was making a joke. All while his father was beating his ass. So even throughout the ass whoopin he was still being very disrespectful. Nigga said fuck you to his grandmama. Back in the day yo pops wouldn't even have to see you for that because the whole family would've been jumped on yo ass.

Man my step son tried this w/ his mom a few weeks ago. She asked to see his phone cause he had installed an app on it that she told him not to and he wouldn't give it to her. Lil' nigga was trying to keep her from looking through his phone talking about some "on God I don't have nothing on my phone". I'm looking like i know this lil nigga didn't "on god" his mom and try to yank his phone from his mom. I had to snatch the phone from him. He's getting older too (13 yrs old), so he's wanting to poke his chest out and show little signs of aggression when he gets in trouble. My biological son knows better to even remotely try some shit like this, but this boy is from a different gene pool....lol. I always have this feeling that one day I'm going to have to put hands on him for doing something to one of his sisters or mother.

My 12 yo uses 'bruh' alot and honestly I don't care. Couple other choices slang and curses. Hell all my kids got my penchant for swearing

For me tho, it's teaching her situational awareness. When we chopping it about nothing, they slang don't bother me. When shit hit the fan tho, gotta know how to turn that shit off and that's what I'm teaching them. A teacher can be keekeeing in ya face one minute and its all yuuurrppp's and on god but when it's time for bitness its yes and no ma'am/sir, right away, and controlling the sighs of annoyance

It's tedious and a chore but it's what parent hood is. Can't be mad at anyone if you don't wanna go all in for ya kid

Back