Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Fair or Foul: Petition Made For Actor Playing Fred Hampton To Be Changed

Fair or Foul?

• Total voters
I don’t think it’s a big deal the actual ethnicity of a character and actor. Black Americans play Africans all the time

and they shouldnt be in those roles

looking back on it, the fucked up wigs and accents were completely unncessary lmaooo

Correct the assumptions, smart guy. You know, since I have what you meant so messed up. You posted it to be read and understood, right? Well if your meaning has been misconstrued, set the record straight.

We both know why you won't though. And it ain't because my "assumption" offended you.

Run with you assumptions and this can be done.

Never said I was offended. Another assumption. SMH

Run with you assumptions and this can be done.

Never said I was offended. Another assumption. SMH

So now you didn't feign offense that I "assumed" what you meant? You forget what you post right after?

Those questions though. So what did you mean by needing to process that information? We'll start there.

they shouldnt have been chosen.

i dont think their accents were shitty
then again, im not african soooo

You don't even have to be African to know those accents weren't that good. I guess they weren't people of importance or historical significance either? Or you just gonna skip being wrong about that too.

No avoidance you made you assumptions stand on those

A dictionary would serve you well. What you're doing is damn near the text book definition of avoidance. I thought you were smart?

I’m all about black Americans first

But acting ain’t one of those industries where I care where their from

race doesnt understand how movies work

they still need to sell and market the film to recoup money that was spent and to hopefully generate a profit

casting an unknown american black actor or a newbie does not help any of the things that i mentioned

the last movie that i can recall off the top of my head that broke a new actor was "Antoine Fisher"...and if memory serves me correctly, that was also Denzels directorial debut and i think he financed a lot of it or his peers did

If you want a lesser known actor to play this role, fund a kickstarter or something

A dictionary would serve you well. What you're doing is damn near the text book definition of avoidance. I thought you were smart?

Not avoiding anything. What you think is avoidance is just me not giving you what you want. I don't have to answer any question to anything I post. You made a wrong assumption and I just told you were wrong. I don't have to do anything after that.

Not avoiding anything. What you think is avoidance is just me not giving you what you want. I don't have to answer any question to anything I post. You made a wrong assumption and I just told you were wrong. I don't have to do anything after that.

A lot of words. Could have just typed "avoidance" and saved some keystrokes.

So, after processing that information, what were you going to then do?

race doesnt understand how movies work

they still need to sell and market the film to recoup money that was spent and to hopefully generate a profit

casting an unknown american black actor or a newbie does not help any of the things that i mentioned

the last movie that i can recall off the top of my head that broke a new actor was "Antoine Fisher"...and if memory serves me correctly, that was also Denzels directorial debut and i think he financed a lot of it or his peers did

If you want a lesser known actor to play this role, fund a kickstarter or something

Niggas complain about those as well. See some comments about Spike Lee doing that.

A lot you typing to just not run with your assumptions.

You claim that after processing the new information, you weren't going to use it to form a preliminary feeling/opinion of the movie. So what were your plans for the processed information?

Not going to even try to defend the lie of not feigning offense anymore? That was quick.

You claim that after processing the new information, you weren't going to use it to form a preliminary feeling/opinion of the movie. So what were your plans for the processed information?

Not going to even try to defend the lie of not feigning offense anymore? That was quick.

You made your wrong assumptions. I pointed out they were wrong. I'm not your teacher I'm not and I don't have to correct your wrongs.

Run with your assumptions about what I typed. There is nothing you have to ask me. You already knew the answers when you typed your assumptions. These questions are pointless

You made your wrong assumptions. I pointed out they were wrong. I'm not your teacher I'm not and I don't have to correct your wrongs.

Run with your assumptions about what I typed. There is nothing you have to ask me. You already knew the answers when you typed your assumptions. These questions are pointless

So what were your plans for that newly processed information if not to form a preliminary feeling/opinion about the movie.

I mean this explanation has to be golden.

Run with your assumptions

When you'll continue to quote and type everything but answers, you make the answer ever more clear.

So that newly processed information... just gonna discard it after processing? Paint your walls with it?

When you'll continue to quote and type everything but answers, you make the answer ever more clear.

So that newly processed information... just gonna discard it after processing? Paint your walls with it?

Run with your assumptions

Back