Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Fair or Foul: Petition Made For Actor Playing Fred Hampton To Be Changed

Fair or Foul?

• Total voters
You don't even have to be African to know those accents weren't that good. I guess they weren't people of importance or historical significance either? Or you just gonna skip being wrong about that too.

I was like 13 when i watched hotel rawanda and young asf when i watched the other movie mentioned lmaooooo so what are you really talking about? should i go back and review them? tf

i said they werent shitty to me speaking for a past sense.

Niggas complain about those as well. See some comments about Spike Lee doing that.
What were those complaints?

This isn't a gotcha moment. I honestly don't know what you're referring to

I was like 13 when i watched hotel rawanda and young asf when i watched the other movie mentioned lmaooooo so what are you really talking about? should i go back and review them? tf

i said they werent shitty to me speaking for a past sense.
It all makes sense

What were those complaints?

This isn't a gotcha moment. I honestly don't know what you're referring to

A lot folks said Spike was a millionaire already so why is he asking regular folks for money to finance his movie when he got money. Things along those lines.

Run with your assumptions

Do you worry that there's a limit to the space available for the unused processed information you store? Like if you reach the limit you won't be able to process anything else until you do something with the unused processed information? That could be scary.

and they shouldnt be in those roles

looking back on it, the fucked up wigs and accents were completely unncessary lmaooo

Well I get it Will Smith Nigerian accent in concussion was terrible. But it wasn’t something people were going hard over. If Marcus Garvey was played by a Nigerian or African American and they did well I don’t think people would trip. But with certain characters representation matters I don’t know how we pick and choose. But I do think as people learn more about black people in other countries it will be easier to not just have to go with the 10 black foreign actors everybody knows.

For big cultural figures it becomes more of an issue because their culture is related to their movements. I had heard people in SA didn’t like Morgan Freeman playing Mandela a lot of folks didn’t like that Harriet was played by a British Nigerian who down talked black Americans. Wesley Snipes couldn’t play Chaka Zulu just because he dark skin especially when it Zulu actors out there

Now the other stuff about them
Making a movie about the informant I agree with that.

Do you worry that there's a limit to the space available for the unused processed information you store? Like if you reach the limit you won't be able to process anything else until you do something with the unused processed information? That could be scary.

Run with your assumptions

Back