Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Fair or Foul: Petition Made For Actor Playing Fred Hampton To Be Changed

Fair or Foul?

• Total voters
I did a lot of "reading" on the Panthers ... I was obsessed with them at some point...

One of the GOAT autobiographies is that of Stokely Carmichael, one of the founders and later honorary prime minister of the Panther party

He was of Caribbean heritage from Trinidad and later relocated to Africa changing his name to Kwame Toure...

So one of the key founders of the Black Panther Party....

Wasn't even American...

A whole lot of ignorance and protectionism being portrayed in this thread... for obvious reasons

Thanks dilla for reading up on Black american history and culture. I too love the Black panthers however, i regret to inform you, your application to play huey newton in the near future has been rescinded

thank you and be blessed

John washington is overrated, ray fisher did a tv series with the actor that played in the green book where he did very well.

I notice that you skipped right over the first paragraph about your claim that the actors that were listed couldn't play Fred Hampton because of looks.

Is anyone mad at jayz or Tyler Perry or Oprah for not doing this first?

They have the funds to have this made and have the influence on who plays who.

This is a dumb argument to have.

Think micro vs macro.

Stop thinking so small.

I don't care who plays who as long as the person does a good job and makes it a teachable moment.

Thread is fucking incredible.

protectionism is warranted sometimes guys. yes we all Black with vastly different cultures but whose culture is the most exploited and exported???

Black americans. not trying to have a diaspora war here but if you really fucked with us, like yall say yall do, yall would at least try to understand where niggas like me is coming from

No.

it’s a movie bout to come out with to white dudes from the U.K. playing Deep Southern white boys.

I’m talking bout two big time actors.

They just shinning right now. Black or white don’t matter they killing the game.

We don't know anything absolute about what is going on behind the scenes.
So don't put anything pass Hollywood with it's documented history of racism.

I did a lot of "reading" on the Panthers ... I was obsessed with them at some point...

One of the GOAT autobiographies is that of Stokely Carmichael, one of the founders and later honorary prime minister of the Panther party

He was of Caribbean heritage from Trinidad and later relocated to Africa changing his name to Kwame Toure...

So one of the key founders of the Black Panther Party....

Wasn't even American...

A whole lot of ignorance and protectionism being portrayed in this thread... for obvious reasons
And to add.

If we want to protect the culture..Why protect it from other black people while we get raped be all the cultural shjt white people take from us.

Hella hypocritical shit in here.

I'm kinda glad this shit was made....Shows how lost we are and how much shit we give away only to fight over crumbs.

And to add.

If we want to protect the culture..Why protect it from other black people while we get raped be all the cultural shjt white people take from us.

Hella hypocritical shit in here.

I'm kinda glad this shit was made....Shows how lost we are and how much shit we give away only to fight over crumbs.

dos you hate on Black folks every chance you get

ska daddle

Just so we all have some clarity on what the issue is here.....

Is it that a British actor is playing the role of an actual historical figure that yall are mad at.. or is it just that a British actor is playing an American?

Follow up question... how did yall feel about Forrest Whittaker playing Idi Amin? Dont think that was ever answered

This is a classic thread example of what’s ok and what’s not vs staying consistent.

Can’t give forest a pass and idris a pass but be mad at this.

Are we cancelling 21 savage from pretending to be an American rapper.

Back