Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Fair or Foul: Petition Made For Actor Playing Fred Hampton To Be Changed

Fair or Foul?

• Total voters

I'm not starting a free trial. You provided the other quote, why not just provide this one as well?

nah, dont try to repackage your insult towards everyone in here

first it was "read a book" now its "why you watching if you not trying to learn"

cant have it both ways

so you dont read books and youre watching a movie to not learn about him

well this was a great chat

BBB85626-8E16-41C8-949C-F0B5D9ECE29F.gif

first it was "im tired of slave movies"

now its "why is a british actor playing the role of Fred Hampton"

got damn

first it was "im tired of slave movies"

now its "why is a british actor playing the role of Fred Hampton"

got damn

all these things can be tackled

yes im tired of slave remakes
and i want to know why yall are watching a movie centered on his informant?
and why there is a british actor playing Hampton???

lmaooooo like

• Wack
Reactions: GNS
so you dont read books and youre watching a movie to not learn about him

well this was a great chat

View attachment 337921
let me ask you this...if you keep saying i dont read books, how many times do you have to say it before it becomes true?

and again, you trying to disguise the fact that you fake care about this in the first place

your responses have been:

"why is a british actor playing fred hampton" and "ya'll should be boycotting the movie to begin with"

If you really cared about any of the relevant discussion in this thread, you would've named at least one actor that is A) american born and B) a better actor to portray the role of Fred, but you dont have either one

If you are black and famous in the UK you become the voice for every black person. Every interview etc and a lot of it is hey look how bad America is etc and to be grateful where you are ignoring all the issues we have here. There is 0 black roles in the UK because for some reason they only do period pieces, however, occasionally they will do something about race then they will call a black actor and that's how they will be defined. Thats why all British black actors work in the states.

If you are black and famous in the UK you become the voice for every black person. Every interview etc and a lot of it is hey look how bad America is etc and to be grateful where you are ignoring all the issues we have here. There is 0 black roles in the UK because for some reason they only do period pieces, however, occasionally they will do something about race then they will call a black actor and that's how they will be defined. Thats why all British black actors work in the states.

if hes tired of discussing race why did he sign up to play Hampton? a man who spent a large portion of us life speaking on race and fighting aganist racism and state violence

i mean i know hes just an actor but ............................................ they coulnt pick an american who has more ummm “cultural ties” to the role???

theres dozens of lesser known Black american actors that are looking for their big break.

since danny is so... you know... “tired” maybe he should ... lay down???

DB05FB3C-8AF9-4C03-85D1-9567AF723669.jpeg

• Wack
Reactions: GNS
Knew you was gonna hate on any suggestion i gave. You been on terry crews time.

You gave the wackest suggestion possible. You could have said Anthony Mackie, donald Glover, corey Hawkins, john Washington, tyler james Williams, Michael b jordan, denzel Whittaker, shameik moore, etc...

Yo ass said ray Fisher tho. Didn't even try. You just talking to talk like most niggas on here.

if hes tired of discussing race why did he sign up to play Hampton? a man who spent a large portion of us life speaking on race and fighting aganist racism and state violence

i mean i know hes just an actor but ............................................ they coulnt pick an american who has more ummm “cultural ties” to the role???

theres dozens of lesser known actors that are looking for their next break.

since danny is so... you know... “tired” maybe he should ... lay down???

View attachment 337926
For someone who promotes reading you don't read post. Also, why do you think he doesn't have cultural ties to the role?

That statement says you know NOTHING about the black British experience

Back