Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fair or Foul: Eva Marcille Changes Daughter's Last Name From Father's To Step Father's

Fair or Foul?

• Total voters
No I’m saying if they divorce in a lot of places even if he not bio he may have to pay. She has money so we doubt all that would happen
since when has a woman with money not still asked for support?

most women who ask for support have a job or better paying job than the father, but dude still gotta come out his pockets.

i wouldnt make it easy for her to get in my pockets. certain people show its all about what they can get and she seems like one of them.

I carry the last name of a grandfather my dad never knew.
Recently met my dad's cousin from grandfather's side for the first time. Saw pictures of my great grandma and many more ancestors.
None of that would be possible if my grandma acted like my grandfather didn't exist, changed my dad's last name and kept it moving.

My sister don’t have my dads last name. But he was actually there as a dad so she treats him as such. If he not there isn’t the whole family legacy erasure more his fault than hers? If his extended family is there to help do you think she would’ve changed the name? Because if she was fully embraced by other McCalls I’d see the issue.

Then again Kevin could be estranged from his family too he seem off idk

since when has a woman with money not still asked for support?

most women who ask for support have a job or better paying job than the father, but dude still gotta come out his pockets.

i wouldnt make it easy for her to get in my pockets. certain people show its all about what they can get and she seems like one of them.

You know for a fact most women who get support make more than the father?
And child support aint gonna make you broke tho.

Recently met my dad's cousin from grandfather's side for the first time. Saw pictures of my great grandma and many more ancestors.
None of that would be possible if my grandma acted like my grandfather didn't exist, changed my dad's last name and kept it moving.
Your last name wouldn't have stopped you from knowing your other side of the family

So what if she divorce the new dude.

Will she change the name again.

She ain’t change the name due to breakup she changed it cuz he wasn’t there. Like that’s literally the most important part.

Why do dead beats(real deadbeats) deserve to be treated the same as regular dads. Why pass their name on if they ain’t doing shit

My sister don’t have my dads last name. But he was actually there as a dad so she treats him as such. If he not there isn’t the whole family legacy erasure more his fault than hers? If his extended family is there to help do you think she would’ve changed the name? Because if she was fully embraced by other McCalls I’d see the issue.

No matter how much one is there and the other is not, thats not her lineage. You cant erase your dna.
To me that's like lying to an adopted child about being adopted. Even they try and find there bio parents.

Its self serving and selfish of the parents in my opinion. They feel better thinking they have covered the past, but it always comes up.

Based on what she said in that clip, yes I 100% think she would've changed the name.

I feel as a father you need to earn the respect of a name.

That's nice for you (I mean that, it's lit) but my dad took his name from his stepdad to make it easier to get into England. So my name isn't even my dad's name.
I used to be so angry I didn't have my mums name.

We all have different stories

No matter how much one is there and the other is not, thats not her lineage. You cant erase your dna.
To me that's like lying to an adopted child about being adopted. Even they try and find there bio parents.

Its self serving and selfish of the parents in my opinion. They feel better thinking they have covered the past, but it always comes up.

But do we know if she is denying his family access to her? If they don’t want to be there why should a kid carry the name of people who didn’t want her? You don’t think that wouldn’t have a deep negative impact?

Look at our ancestors they had to take names from white people to fit in. 100 years later we started doing more Afrocentric or non Christian religious names. But we didn’t forget our parents and family. A surname is important but in the age of dna results it’s not as important.

I do see y’all a point. Because folks could be one argument away from the other parent doing something like this. But the amount of effort it takes seems pointless for the average person. Like if my bm was to do this it would be dumb because I’m actually there my daughter likes her last name despite it being common

But do we know if she is denying his family access to her? If they don’t want to be there why should a kid carry the name of people who didn’t want her? You don’t think that wouldn’t have a deep negative impact?

Look at our ancestors they had to take names from white people to fit in. 100 years later we started doing more Afrocentric or non Christian religious names. But we didn’t forget our parents and family. A surname is important but in the age of dna results it’s not as important.

You ever think just like she say all that bad shit about the father publicly that he tells his family all bad shit about her and they don't want to go through her to see the child. So if he can't see the child or doesn't want to see the child(which is fucked up) how are they supposed to when they might have just as fucked up view of her and she does of the father. Also could be a case of she damn near hates the father and don't want the daughter to have anything to do with his side of the family.

It's a lot of sides and scenarios to how shit can play out. I don't agree with a parent just up changing a kids last name like that regardless of the father being a dead beat or not. Let that child make that decision for themselves later on in life.

Shit her daughter gets married one day her last name could possibly change anyway.

98% of ya'll got last names from White people, but lets keep talking about ancestry lol

some...read SOME families have generations of fucked up behaviors, curses, etc...whatever you wanna call it, but let's break it with this one child

like i said before, if her side of the events are accurate, fair...anything other than that...foul

98% of ya'll got last names from White people, but lets keep talking about ancestry lol

some...read SOME families have generations of fucked up behaviors, curses, etc...whatever you wanna call it, but let's break it with this one child

like i said before, if her side of the events are accurate, fair...anything other than that...foul

Race said he be online trying to see the kid.

Back