Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Face mask etiquette in 2020

Are u wearing a mask in public?

• Total voters
You believe it came from someone eating a bat because they said it lol. Even tho some scientists have told us it's most likely man made.

Someone made the point in the corona thread that the shit would have already happened and happened many times if it originated from niggas eating bats out of wet markets. These places and people frequenting them have been around forever.

Niggas lie.

You scared cause you have no other way to be. You will believe whatever you're told and do whatever they tell you to do.

You don't know what I believe but you typed all of that bullshit to make whatever point you felt you needed to make.

You wrong as fuck... I'm glad you got it out ya system tho

You don't know what I believe but you typed all of that bullshit to make whatever point you felt you needed to make.

You wrong as fuck... I'm glad you got it out ya system tho

So say what you believe, prove me wrong or get off my back nigga.

Can't stand niggas that's always quick to tell they niggas they wrong but won't take an actual hard stance or prove anything. It's just someone said someone said. Lemmings.

What? Pandemic?

Na. In November, the show 'Explained' did an episode called 'The Next Pandemic'. they go into detail about how one is almost certainly on the way that that it's just a matter of time. Then went over the spread of other pandemics, like the 1919 flu and talked about SARS to illustrate how quickly shit is spread in the modern age.

But the REALLY intersting part is that they went into detail about what has to happens for a disease to go jump from animals to humans, why wet markers in China are such a likely source, and why exactly it DOESN'T happen all the time. It takes a pretty weird combinations of factors for it to happen, and those things just don't happen at the same tie very often.

Check that shit out if you get a chance.

FYI: I'm NOT talking about 'Explained: The Coronavirus'. That's an offshoot of the show that I'm talking about and was just released the other day.

Na. In November, the show 'Explained' did an episode called 'The Next Pandemic'. they go into detail about how one is almost certainly on the way that that it's just a matter of time. Then went over the spread of other pandemics, like the 1919 flu and talked about SARS to illustrate how quickly shit is spread in the modern age.

But the REALLY intersting part is that they went into detail about what has to happens for a disease to go jump from animals to humans, why wet markers in China are such a likely source, and why exactly it DOESN'T happen all the time. It takes a pretty weird combinations of factors for it to happen, and those things just don't happen at the same tie very often.

Check that shit out if you get a chance.

FYI: I'm NOT talking about 'Explained: The Coronavirus'. That's an offshoot of the show that I'm talking about and was just released the other day.

I'll check it out.

I'm always open to having my mind being changed.

You believe it came from someone eating a bat because they said it lol. Even tho some scientists have told us it's most likely man made.

Someone made the point in the corona thread that the shit would have already happened and happened many times if it originated from niggas eating bats out of wet markets. These places and people frequenting them have been around forever.

Niggas lie.

You scared cause you have no other way to be. You will believe whatever you're told and do whatever they tell you to do.
Can you link the source? You know, to enlighten the rest of us.

So say what you believe, prove me wrong or get off my back nigga.

Aint nobody on ya back. You said you don't believe people can be asymptomatic and I disagreed with you.

Whether you believe it or not folks can indeed have the virus, show no symptoms and spread it to others.

I personally know some folks have had the virus.. symptoms and all... others who tested positive but didn't have any symptoms at all....some that had just mild symptoms and some that unfortunately passed from it.

So to just say "Yeah I don't believe it" seems a bit silly to me. Shit aint as black and white as ur trying to paint it

Aint nobody on ya back. You said you don't believe people can be asymptomatic and I disagreed with you.

Whether you believe it or not folks can indeed have the virus, show no symptoms and spread it to others.

I personally know some folks have had the virus.. symptoms and all... others who tested positive but didn't have any symptoms at all....some that had just mild symptoms and some that unfortunately passed from it.

So to just say "Yeah I don't believe it" seems a bit silly to me. Shit aint as black and white as ur trying to paint it

I never said I dont believe in the virus. Tf?

What I said is I don't believe people can be asymptomatic. You have it with the symptoms or you don't have it.

Mask in public. I’d say about 95% of the people out and about are masked.

I never said I dont believe in the virus. Tf?

What I said is I don't believe people can be asymptomatic. You have it with the symptoms or you don't have it.

You said you don't believe people can be asymptomatic and I disagreed with you.

I never implied or said you didn't believe in the virus fam.

Fact remains is that you can have the virus and not show any immediate symptoms and still spread it to others. Hence why wearing a mask is important... You happen to not believe that....

We can agree to disagree on the topic and keep it movin. I hope you and your fam stay safe either way

& wether it's man-made or not is irrelevant at this point

the focus should be how do we get out of it

like if you wake up & your house is on fire, you ain't gon sit there & try to figure out if it was electrical/accidental or arson... do that afterwards

lmao

you kno covid-19 isn't the only disease/virus where you can have it & be asymptomatic for a period of time, right?

don't wear your ignorance like a badge of honor

Can you prove any of that tho? Like I said if you don't have the symptoms of a disease I don't believe you have it. Prove me wrong.

I mean, haven't we learned you can have HIV for yrs & show no symptoms

do I really gotta explain this shit lol

"prove me wrong"

91r7jgwk18d7.gif

I mean, haven't we learned you can have HIV for yrs & show no symptoms

do I really gotta explain this shit lol

Abstract
Throughout the history of the HIV epidemic, HIV-positive patients with relatively high CD4 counts and no clinical features of opportunistic infections have been classified as “asymptomatic” by definition and treatment guidelines. This classification, however, does not take into consideration the array of symptoms that an HIV-positive person can experience long before progressing to AIDS. This short report describes two international multi-site studies conducted in 2003–2005 and 2005–2007. Results from the studies show that HIV-positive people may experience symptoms throughout the trajectory of their disease, regardless of CD4 count or classification. Providers should discuss symptoms and symptom management with their clients at all stages of the disease.
Keywords: HIV infection, symptoms, asymptomatic
BACKGROUND
In untreated HIV disease, more than ten years can elapse from initial infection to the first occurrence of an opportunistic infection (OI), an indicator that the disease has progressed to AIDS (Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adult and Adolescents, 2006). This period of time does not mean, however, that people infected with HIV who have not yet progressed to AIDS are symptom free. Existing definitions and care guidelines that categorize patients as “asymptomatic” may lead clinicians to ignore symptoms that are not directly related to opportunistic infections, but that do require attention.
In 1986, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) (“Classification system for human T-lymphotropic virus type III/lymphadenopathy-associated virus infections,” 1986) provided an early description of HIV disease, which included two main categories: symptomatic and asymptomatic. For two decades, these definitions have been incorporated into treatment guidelines that have informed clinicians in the United States and other countries in their care for patients.
In the mid-1990s, with the ability to treat HIV itself, many clinicians began focusing solely on CD4 counts and symptoms directly related to OI (e.g. diarrhea, night sweats, fever). There has been growing evidence, however, that HIV-positive people experience many symptoms that are not directly related to OI or CD4 counts, particularly fatigue, depression, muscle aches, and fear/worries (Corless, Nicholas, Davis, Dolan, & McGibbon, 2002; Corless et al., In Press; Eller et al., 2005; Kemppainen et al., 2006; J. Voss, Portillo, Holzemer, & Dodd, 2007; J. G. Voss, 2005). These symptoms often go unrecognized and untreated by health care providers (Hughes, 2004), either because care providers do not ask patients about their symptoms or because they consider the symptoms to be “sub-clinical”.
Siegel and colleagues (1999) reported that having symptoms, as well as their intensity, influenced decisions to seek care and have contributed to reduced adherence to medications, thereby increasing the likelihood of resistance to medication regimens and exacerbating symptoms. These factors may also reduce the physical and mental aspects of a person’s quality of life (Abel & Painter, 2003; Ammassari et al., 2001; Corless et al., 2002; Hudson, Kirksey, & Holzemer, 2004; Lorenz, Cunningham, Spritzer, & Hays, 2006).
The aim of this study is to determine whether there are differences in the frequency and intensity of self-reported HIV symptoms among three levels of CD4 count (<200 cells/mm3, 200–350 cells/mm3, >350 cells/mm3), regardless of use of ARVs.

That took me 5 minutes.

Only time I've been wearing a facemask is when I had to go to the ER for a non covid related issue.

I been in the hospital every 2 days to get my stomach bandaged after a surgery I had 2 months ago.

Only time I wear one.

Abstract
Throughout the history of the HIV epidemic, HIV-positive patients with relatively high CD4 counts and no clinical features of opportunistic infections have been classified as “asymptomatic” by definition and treatment guidelines. This classification, however, does not take into consideration the array of symptoms that an HIV-positive person can experience long before progressing to AIDS. This short report describes two international multi-site studies conducted in 2003–2005 and 2005–2007. Results from the studies show that HIV-positive people may experience symptoms throughout the trajectory of their disease, regardless of CD4 count or classification. Providers should discuss symptoms and symptom management with their clients at all stages of the disease.
Keywords: HIV infection, symptoms, asymptomatic
BACKGROUND
In untreated HIV disease, more than ten years can elapse from initial infection to the first occurrence of an opportunistic infection (OI), an indicator that the disease has progressed to AIDS (Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adult and Adolescents, 2006). This period of time does not mean, however, that people infected with HIV who have not yet progressed to AIDS are symptom free. Existing definitions and care guidelines that categorize patients as “asymptomatic” may lead clinicians to ignore symptoms that are not directly related to opportunistic infections, but that do require attention.
In 1986, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) (“Classification system for human T-lymphotropic virus type III/lymphadenopathy-associated virus infections,” 1986) provided an early description of HIV disease, which included two main categories: symptomatic and asymptomatic. For two decades, these definitions have been incorporated into treatment guidelines that have informed clinicians in the United States and other countries in their care for patients.
In the mid-1990s, with the ability to treat HIV itself, many clinicians began focusing solely on CD4 counts and symptoms directly related to OI (e.g. diarrhea, night sweats, fever). There has been growing evidence, however, that HIV-positive people experience many symptoms that are not directly related to OI or CD4 counts, particularly fatigue, depression, muscle aches, and fear/worries (Corless, Nicholas, Davis, Dolan, & McGibbon, 2002; Corless et al., In Press; Eller et al., 2005; Kemppainen et al., 2006; J. Voss, Portillo, Holzemer, & Dodd, 2007; J. G. Voss, 2005). These symptoms often go unrecognized and untreated by health care providers (Hughes, 2004), either because care providers do not ask patients about their symptoms or because they consider the symptoms to be “sub-clinical”.
Siegel and colleagues (1999) reported that having symptoms, as well as their intensity, influenced decisions to seek care and have contributed to reduced adherence to medications, thereby increasing the likelihood of resistance to medication regimens and exacerbating symptoms. These factors may also reduce the physical and mental aspects of a person’s quality of life (Abel & Painter, 2003; Ammassari et al., 2001; Corless et al., 2002; Hudson, Kirksey, & Holzemer, 2004; Lorenz, Cunningham, Spritzer, & Hays, 2006).
The aim of this study is to determine whether there are differences in the frequency and intensity of self-reported HIV symptoms among three levels of CD4 count (<200 cells/mm3, 200–350 cells/mm3, >350 cells/mm3), regardless of use of ARVs.

That took me 5 minutes.

& did you take time to read it?

does it say they absolutely most definitely will or did it say they "may" & "can"?

so, my point still stands

good try tho

Back