Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Extreme Heat or Extreme Cold : Which Is Worse?

Baking Or Freezing: Which Feels Worse?

• Cold

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Heat

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
Extreme heat.

I have asthma so I kinda hate when summer comes around. I was just with my dad & step-mom on Father's Day and it was 88-89 degrees. I know when they were taking me back home my asthma started flaring up and had to take my inhaler. I was so glad when I got home I didn't know what to do.

Before I left home I had to take a muscle relaxer and some nasal spray for my back & sinus.

As a military veteran, let me say this:

1. Been in extreme heat (AFG during the summer; August is the hottest month)
2. Been in extreme cold (AFG in the mountains in January)

a. So many things we can do to combat the heat (A/C, fans, water, swimming pools, shade, nearly naked, etc.)
a1. The human body is very adaptable to extreme heat (110 degrees in AFG in August felt like a normal day after we became acclimated)

b. Very few things we can do to combat the cold (HVAC heat, layered up, campfire)
b1. As soon as you move from that heated area, you are cold again.
b2. The human body has a very difficult time adapting to extreme cold

Hypothermia is one of the most painful ways to die. Frozen body parts HURT. Go stand out in a blizzard in 0 degree weather, then go stand out in 110 degree weather and tell me which hurts more on the body.

I’ll take heat exhaustion over that shit any day.

Extreme heat.

I have asthma so I kinda hate when summer comes around. I was just with my dad & step-mom on Father's Day and it was 88-89 degrees. I know when they were taking me back home my asthma started flaring up and had to take my inhaler. I was so glad when I got home I didn't know what to do.

Before I left home I had to take a muscle relaxer and some nasal spray for my back & sinus.
My asthma works in reverse. Cold + physical activity = SUFFERING.

I can tell most of you have never experienced extreme cold. That shit is unforgiving lol. The risk of losing extremities and limbs is real.
I personally live in a country where it's not unusual to see -30F PLUS windchill. As long as you're dressed appropriately you're fine. Go out half naked and drunk and thats when the limbs issues begins.

Hypothermia is one of the most painful ways to die. Frozen body parts HURT. Go stand out in a blizzard in 0 degree weather, then go stand out in 110 degree weather and tell me which hurts more on the body.

I’ll take heat exhaustion over that shit any day.

My asthma works in reverse. Cold + physical activity = SUFFERING.

You can get hypothermia in the summer. You teach?.

Heat.

Cold sucks, but you can dress for cold and while it still wouldnt be a great time, you can at least walk around anywhere outside.

With heat, its hot inside, outside, gotta stay in shade, start sweating just sitting there. Feel like you need a shower several times a day. Forest fires start, smoke invades the city. Shit is bullshit.

Heat.

At least with the cold you can put clothes on/heater to stay warm.

With the heat? Especially in FL? Hell nah. You can be bucket nekkid and still be melting

You can get hypothermia in the summer. You teach?.
I do. And you’re thinking of HYPERTHERMIA, not HYPOTHERMIA, the complete opposite.

BTW: I teach 6th grade Math, not HS Science or Health studies.

Yep. The poll shows many of you have never been to an extremely cold area. If you seriously think layering up is going to protect you from the extreme cold, you are delusional

Back