Welcome To aBlackWeb

ESPN: The Last Dance ('98 Bulls Doc)

Its the same shit in soccer btw. Back in the day, i was nice in soccer and we had a little indoor league going. We was the best team, killing other teams. Everyone agreed we was nice.

Then one day a mfer brought somone who played for a pro lower league overseas. Mfer wasnt even in the top league of whatever country it was ajd mfer almost carried a team of scrubs to beating us.

Shits wild when you think you nice then you learn you only nice around average mfers. Yall gotta stop underrating real athletes.

That last part is what I found out when I tried out for the Cincy Reds...made me realize how average I was and how much work I had to do to get better...I was focused on other dumb shit back then.

J.A. Adande, who covered the Bulls for the Chicago Sun-Times, on The Lowe Post: “Benny The Bull sort of – his shape morphs over the years, and he becomes this more rotund Phillie Phanatic type of body – right? – over the years with the dyed hair. So, then, Zach, you remember they bring in Da Bull, who – as you’re getting into the more athletic mascots in the 90s, the guys who jump off the trampolines and stuff. So, Benny has become this overweight Bull. So, they add Da Bull to all this trampoline stuff, right? So, Jordan being Jordan trash talks Benny The Bull and says, “You’re no good. That’s why they brought in Da Bull to replace you.” He used to trash talk Benny The Bull.”

– via Dan Feldman @ NBC Sports

This nigga was trash talkin the mascot..dude was runnin outta people to talk shit to..Burrell never had a chance hahaha

That's a lie, this dude don't deserve to ever pick up a basketball

gettyimages-651798870.jpg
told ya'll

My only gripe is they making Pippen come off bad in this series, yea the 1.8 seconds was bad but that's the only thing he should have to eat shit over

In a Tuesday appearance on flagship radio station SportsTalk 790, Bullard looked back on those memories. “When Scottie Pippen left the Bulls, I didn’t realize that he was coming off of being very underpaid for seven years,” Bullard said. “I didn’t know that he had that saltiness about being underpaid when he came to us. But I do remember, the rest of us — when Scottie came, and it was already after training camp had started a little bit — he came into Houston, and he never really did integrate himself into the Rockets’ organization.” Bullard continued: He never really tried to make an effort to be a Houston Rocket. … He was coming in thinking, ‘Hey, I’m Michael Jordan.’ I mean, not really Michael Jordan, but ‘I’m Scottie Pippen.’ And the rest of us could feel that. Those types of things still stick with me. … Looking back on all the teammates I’ve had, I would say that Scottie Pippen was not one of my favorite teammates. Because when I did play with him, he wasn’t trying to be a Rocket. He was just trying to be the man, and it didn’t really work

Matt Bullard: When Barkley came to the Rockets, he did try to integrate himself. He did a really good job of being a great teammate. He’s one of my favorite teammates of all-time. … I really enjoyed playing with him, and he really tried to make the Rockets better and play alongside Hakeem and Clyde , and really tried to win games. Charles had to take a paycut in order for Scottie Pippen to sign that big contract. I think when Charles made the sacrifice to take less money to bring in Pippen, and Scottie comes in and doesn’t try to integrate himself into the roster or the team, I think that really rubbed Charles the wrong way. Barkley really wanted to win a championship

Back when I was like 19... 15 year old Russell Westbrook ran my lil basketball clique off the court At Washington prep. Scored like 40 somethin points, all layups. So I know that even the bummiest of bums will work the average Joe any day

That said... I would still destroy Kendrick Perkins one on one, if I get the ball first. And no one can tell me otherwise

Back when I was like 19... 15 year old Russell Westbrook ran my lil basketball clique off the court At Washington prep. Scored like 40 somethin points, all layups. So I know that even the bummiest of bums will work the average Joe any day

That said... I would still destroy Kendrick Perkins one on one, if I get the ball first. And no one can tell me otherwise
Man Kendrick Perkins would put you on ya head before you knew it lol

The NBA is much better today. Defense is also much better today. All the back in my day mfers are wrong.

Grabbing a mfers wrists and clotheslining a mfer on his way to the rim aint defense.
I don't know if I can agree and say the defense is better today

I played against a mid fifties Charles Smith and he is tough as fuck. Got a chance to go against a guy from the Washington Bullets in his much later years at an outside tournament out Lebanon PA that nigga was ridiculous on a hard ass backboard and tight rim. You're in the NBA for a reason

In a Tuesday appearance on flagship radio station SportsTalk 790, Bullard looked back on those memories. “When Scottie Pippen left the Bulls, I didn’t realize that he was coming off of being very underpaid for seven years,” Bullard said. “I didn’t know that he had that saltiness about being underpaid when he came to us. But I do remember, the rest of us — when Scottie came, and it was already after training camp had started a little bit — he came into Houston, and he never really did integrate himself into the Rockets’ organization.” Bullard continued: He never really tried to make an effort to be a Houston Rocket. … He was coming in thinking, ‘Hey, I’m Michael Jordan.’ I mean, not really Michael Jordan, but ‘I’m Scottie Pippen.’ And the rest of us could feel that. Those types of things still stick with me. … Looking back on all the teammates I’ve had, I would say that Scottie Pippen was not one of my favorite teammates. Because when I did play with him, he wasn’t trying to be a Rocket. He was just trying to be the man, and it didn’t really work

Matt Bullard: When Barkley came to the Rockets, he did try to integrate himself. He did a really good job of being a great teammate. He’s one of my favorite teammates of all-time. … I really enjoyed playing with him, and he really tried to make the Rockets better and play alongside Hakeem and Clyde , and really tried to win games. Charles had to take a paycut in order for Scottie Pippen to sign that big contract. I think when Charles made the sacrifice to take less money to bring in Pippen, and Scottie comes in and doesn’t try to integrate himself into the roster or the team, I think that really rubbed Charles the wrong way. Barkley really wanted to win a championship

Who knew after a documentary that featured Dennis Rodamn crazy ass, MJ bullying tactics and Steve Kerr getting an eye jammy. That Pip would be the one getting it the worst...hahaha..dude out here takin a beatin

Lol please enlighten us why is that so, especially the early 2000s

The 90's dont need an argument...if you know you know...the 2000's had the Lakers and spurs run..which demonstrated GREAT ball movement..especially by the Spurs. The Lakers were operating the triangle offense, which emphasized ball movement. Same for those classic Mavericks team w nash, Dirk, marion, Finley. There were great defenses as well w Detroit, spurs and even those Lakers squads played good defenses. The league went more offense. One thing about the early 2000s though...that flop shit started getting outta control then...w Reggie n Ginobili leading the way

watching this breakdown of the Jordan Flu Game.

first 4 minutes Ryen Rusillo said there's 4 guys on this Jazz team playing major minutes who wouldn't play in the NBA today.

ther's alot of 90s NBA players who wouldn't play today in the league and ya'll still want to think the game was better overall than now lol

Back