ESPN: The Last Dance ('98 Bulls Doc)

I don't think anyone understands how great the Bulls were. They had NO MJ, and still was a great team.

Pippen was dead wrong for sittin out that play. Smh

That nigga is a whole bitch. And he had the nerve to double down. Fuck you mean you'd do it again? Idiot.

Reactions: silverfoxx and O.G.
Wish I had the clip to support this, but the Dan Lebatard Show has been asking the question of '86 Celtics vs. '97 Bulls. Yesterday, they asked Barkley this.

Wouldn't ya know it? Charles says the Celtics, cause they'd mangle the Bulls down low. Rodman can't guard McHale AND The Chief, DJ could slow Mike down a bit, and Scottie would be no match for Larry Legend. He also said '85 Lakers would win that too (Kareem, Magic, and Worthy, with Michael Cooper), and not to sleep on the '03 Spurs of Duncan, Robinson, Manu, and Tony Parker.

Charles played against 3 out of those four teams: The Showtime Lakers, that Celtics squad, and the 97 Bulls. I trust him.

Here's part of that interview, tho the Cs/Bulls part was cut out.

Wish I had the clip to support this, but the Dan Lebatard Show has been asking the question of '86 Celtics vs. '97 Bulls. Yesterday, they asked Barkley this.

Wouldn't ya know it? Charles says the Celtics, cause they'd mangle the Bulls down low. Rodman can't guard McHale AND The Chief, DJ could slow Mike down a bit, and Scottie would be no match for Larry Legend. He also said '85 Lakers would win that too (Kareem, Magic, and Worthy, with Michael Cooper), and not to sleep on the '03 Spurs of Duncan, Robinson, Manu, and Tony Parker.

Charles played against 3 out of those four teams: The Showtime Lakers, that Celtics squad, and the 97 Bulls. I trust him.

Barkley's a fuckin moron.

Jordan DID play the 86' Celtics and he went off on they ass. So much so Bird was calling him a God afterwards.

LMAO @ Rodman can't guard Mchale.

Reactions: Infamous114
Terrence Ross: @hoopshype I rarely ever throw my 2 cents around, but the one thing that seemed to be overwhelming in episode 7, (and through the series) MJ looked like he suffered from crippling competitiveness

Terrence Ross: @hoopshype Everything he did, from playing sports, his work ethic, “bullying” teammates, creating fake scenarios in his head, him talking about gambling. I just never seen anyone who takes everything to that kind of level. The feeling of losing to him, seem unbearable

Terrence Ross: @hoopshype 100% you can tell it’s taking a toll on him. He sacrificed that part of his life, because he was so competitive and he wanted to be the best. You can tell. Man was choking up talking about it

Reactions: BDP™️
Reggie Miller: Mike and I used to do battle and get after one another. I always wanted to be on the opposite team as MJ. My whole purpose of going to these games was to try and find a vice I could use if and when we faced each other during the regular season and/or playoffs. Safe to say I never found one because he didn’t have any deficiencies

Tim Hardaway (5x NBA All-Star): I was there for about a week. We played every day. You had Chris Mullin, Rod Strickland out there. Gary Payton, of course. Reggie, Pat, Charles [Barkley]. Charles needed it because you know, he’s always getting heavy during the course of the summer.
He really needed to be in shape and ready to go. He loved it. Charles would be going at people. We had to go double team him because basically when he got it down low, nobody could stop him. If you didn’t want to lose, you had to go down there and double team. Basketball stars weren’t the only ones flocking to the Jordan Dome. There was even a celebrity row

Joe Pytka (Director of Space Jam): I only played up there three or four times. The only memory I have really is that Michael was a beast. One poor guy who was about 6-9 was trying to post Michael up. Every time he came down, he did the same move and Michael blocked his shot every time. After three or four times, Michael just chewed him out. He said, You’ve been doing the same move for the last 15 minutes and it ain’t working for you. Figure something else out. The guy was humiliated. He just killed the guy.

Terrence Ross: @hoopshype I rarely ever throw my 2 cents around, but the one thing that seemed to be overwhelming in episode 7, (and through the series) MJ looked like he suffered from crippling competitiveness

Terrence Ross: @hoopshype Everything he did, from playing sports, his work ethic, “bullying” teammates, creating fake scenarios in his head, him talking about gambling. I just never seen anyone who takes everything to that kind of level. The feeling of losing to him, seem unbearable

Terrence Ross: @hoopshype 100% you can tell it’s taking a toll on him. He sacrificed that part of his life, because he was so competitive and he wanted to be the best. You can tell. Man was choking up talking about it
In a way that's gotta be lonely

A lotta athletes say all they wanna do is win, they’ll do anything to win. But I feel for most of them they believe that only up to a certain extent. Not Mike though, you can tell he was willing to sacrifice all personal and professional relationships if necessary in the pursuit of winning. The end result is he probably now is a lonely individual like somebody just said.

Last edited:
A lotta athletes say all they wanna do is win, they’ll do anything to win. But I feel for most of them they believe that only up to certain. Not Mike though, you can tell he was willing to sacrifice all personal and professional relationships if necessary in the pursuit of winning. The end result is he probably now is a lonely individual like somebody just said.

but don’t you play the game to win? Greatness comes at a cost, leadership comes at a cost. When somebody gets millions of dollars, isn’t that the kind of dedication you expect from them in the sport??

J.A. Adande, who covered the Bulls for the Chicago Sun-Times, on The Lowe Post: “Benny The Bull sort of – his shape morphs over the years, and he becomes this more rotund Phillie Phanatic type of body – right? – over the years with the dyed hair. So, then, Zach, you remember they bring in Da Bull, who – as you’re getting into the more athletic mascots in the 90s, the guys who jump off the trampolines and stuff. So, Benny has become this overweight Bull. So, they add Da Bull to all this trampoline stuff, right? So, Jordan being Jordan trash talks Benny The Bull and says, “You’re no good. That’s why they brought in Da Bull to replace you.” He used to trash talk Benny The Bull.”

– via Dan Feldman @ NBC Sports

A lotta athletes say all they wanna do is win, they’ll do anything to win. But I feel for most of them they believe that only up to a certain extent. Not Mike though, you can tell he was willing to sacrifice all personal and professional relationships if necessary in the pursuit of winning. The end result is he probably now is a lonely individual like somebody just said.

Word. Having a healthy obsession is good. But Mikes obsession with winning were clearly not healthy.