Welcome To aBlackWeb

Encounters with the rich, famous and formerly famous

Herbal Kint

The devil is in the details
Who's got stories about running into prominent folks? Were they cool? Jerks? Weirdos?

Drop them stories here

Christian Bale ordered beer from me once...completely ordinary interaction so nothing really to add.

Uhhh

Let me think

In 2015, I got some free tickets to a Warriors game from a law firm my company did a lot of business with. This season ended up being the first season in 40 years that we won a title, so it was a special time to catch a game.

It was also the first time I would be sitting in box seats after going to games for years in Oakland and sitting wherever.

Me and my girl at the time went and it was overall a cool experience. Free food and drink, but I had to do some politicking while there. Caught some women in the stands shooting me the "come save me look" which was hilarious as well.

At the end of the game, I went to take a leak and when I came back I saw a dude hollering at my girl. I stepped to him and said what's up

He was like, oh this is your girl? She's hella cool, my name is Lorenzo Neal and I'm on the radio. Talking a mile a minute, fidgetting. I had no clue who he was so I asked him what type of music he played on his show. He got super excited and was like:

"This guy is awesome! I LOVE THIS GUY!"

I was like cool, this guy is off that powder, I'ma try to make this a short convo and dip.

While I'm trying to exit this convo, this 60 odd year old white man, with a suit on and slicked back hair throws his arm around Lorenzo and in a very casual manner calls him the N word.

With the ER

I knew what time it was and took a step back, not trying to catch a stray punch when Lorezno inevitably knocked this dude out.

Apparently I didn't know what time it was, because Lorezno laughed, hugged this dude and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

I was like, this is what y'all rich people do when you get together?

giphy-1-Y1cJx2.gif

I'm out. Said peace out to Lorenzo while walking backwards out the door

I googled him when I left and turns out he's this dude

Lorenzo-Neal-Appearance.jpg

Lorenzo Neal, former NFL player, 4 time pro bowler, current radio host, cocaine afficionado and certified buster

Lived next door to Master P’s aunt growing up. They all used to come over there. We all would play basketball and stuff. They were cool as hell. Silkk got out the car one time and I almost it. Romeo was a brat but my mama got on his ass and it all changed.

David Banner ran to our section at a Summit they had going out here and said he remembered us from another event. Invited us on his bus. I went on the steps and my best friend mama pulled up and we had to leave.

Trae was my summer camp teacher. I used to spend the night at his cousins house. Zro was there a lot. He was cool. My mama worked with them with legal shit for their first album. Trae was cool af. When I got older and went to the clubs, he’d always show love. My friends couldn’t believe it. He pointed to the side of the stage and I met him over there and he gave me a hug and asked me how i was and went on about his business. My best friend was star struck like a mf.

Ran into Gary Owen in N.O. and he told me I had a big mouth because I pointed him out and everybody start rushing him.

Met Freeway in downtown Greensboro one night. Niggas aint even know who he was and I approached him. He dapped me up and shit.

Saw Jeezy in Greensboro mall nigga had a large ass entourage and some big niggas who were security im guessing so nobody could get close to him

I done saw the Hardy Boyz quite a few times. They pretty much get treated like regulars since they live in Cameron. They always out and about just chillin. After like the 3rd or 4th time running into em they told me not to hesitate to speak when I see em out in public and shit.

Project Pat met me in 06'. One of my former coworkers gotta sister that worked for the local radio station (now she relocated to Baltimore to work as a DJ at their radio station). My coworker called me to tell me to come down to the station because Project Pat was there. I didn't have anything to do so I went to the station. We (me, my coworker, his cousin & a couple of his peoples) all chilling outside, shooting the sh**. Pat walks out the door with guards. He walked passed & gave me dap. He was cool, I treated him like a normal. My coworker tried to give him dap but unintentionally Pat left him hanging lol. Then my coworker, his cousin & his peoples started acting like groupies, running up to Pat like "Pat, can I take a picture with you blah blah blah!!!!!". I was shaking my head in disgust. Pat was a cool dude tho.

Same day I tried to holla at the entire group; Cherish from afar.

Met Patti Labelle at JC Penney. She gave me a hug and kissed my cousin. She was obsessed with my cousin. I was low key hating on my cousin that day. I asked my mama to pick me up early because i was mad.

i ran into tons of people since i fly around alot.

cant say im cool with any of them...but did i hi, hello, how are you type thing

puffy, sanaa lathan, samuel jackson and aretha franklin after raisin in the sun play. sanaa is beautiful as hell in person

met eddie kane dude from the 5 heartbeats....he was cool.
met dennis rodman in miami ariport.
met the guy from kitchen impossible in the philly airport.
met niecy nash in the phl airport.
petey crack at the philly airport.
black thought before the roots was popping back in gtown in philly.
ready rock cee and jazzy jeff.
the dj for cool cee. tat money
met jon jones, on the plane from philly to miamo.
recently met bizmarkie in orlando airport. wifey took a pic with him.
saw pico once i think.

let me think....its a few more

Not too many people might not know who she is but Venus Lacy (Olympic gold basketball player) met me in high school. Well I wouldn't say she met me but had an encounter. She was at my school, giving back to the community. She was in the hallway, talking to a teacher & I ran by them. She yelled "Hey, stop running" lol.

My cousin is a local DJ, sometimes a lot of famous or somewhat famous people will have the luxury of meeting me. T.I's cousin (Shad da god) met me a couple of years ago at an event my cousin was DJing. Cool dude too

met AI when he announced his reitrement.
met bhop in the VIP of the wells fargo center.
met moses malone on the elevator.
met howard eskin and his son.
met meek mill, and desean jackson

Mike epps after a comedy show, just said whats up and i was a huge fan, dapped him and that was that

One day I was out bar hopping with my homeboy. There's a street in San Francisco called Divisadero that has a lot of bars and restaurants, but isn't really a tourist type of place. We get a couple of drinks and as we're walking out the door we pass a couple and my buddy yells out:

"Yeah, that's right, keep choosing!"

I was like damn dude, what was that about? He said the girl was staring at him hella hard, but I didn't think he needed to do them like that.

Flash forward to like 35 minutes later, and the same people he said that to walked into the new spot we were at: attractive, mid 20s white girl and a short, blonde white dude that looked older. Looked like LA people and stuck out in the place we were in.

Soon after they show up, people start whispering and it turns out the dude is this guy:

david-gallagher-03.jpg

Former teen idol and star of the incredibly trash show 7th Heaven, David Gallagher.

Even though my homeboy had just dissed him half an hour before, he came over and started talking to us for some reason. He asked what the locals liked to drink, so I said let's do a shot of Fernet because it was like the official SF drink at the time.

Right after, my homeboy says something slick to him again and David laughs, just brushing it off. I start talking to him and it turns out he's actually a real cool dude. He says he's up from LA and asks that I "take care of him" because he's from outta town and wants to stay on point.

My idea of taking care of him was to get him very drunk, which I was successful in doing. I did like 3 or 4 shots with him and after the last he was smashed. He said "Herbs, you were supposed to take care of me man!" And I said "Yeah man, I wanted to make sure you got drunk as hell, so I took care of you well my man"

He laughed it off. My homeboy kept talking slick and throwing shots, even though I was like chill, this dude is cool.

Towards the end of the night, my homeboy, totally faded, came up to him and said:

"You're a f**king fa**ot for not f*cking Jessica Biel"

David laughed that off too and was like nah, she's like my sister.

I dapped him up (as much as you could a dude like him) and was like,

Wow, that dude from that trash a*s show is cool as hell and my homeboy I've known for years is actually a b*tch a*s cat.

Who would have thought

Met Freeway in the Baltimore airport, flying dolo. Was neighbors with Fantasia the summer she left for American Idol. She was tiny back then. Like, really small.

Met jason terry in vegas...dude swore he was a hall of famer lmao

So glad bron dunked on him

When i was a teen this bitch i liked was friends with eddie griffin niece...

Dude u stay hela drunk she said

I could crush this thread but...

tenor (14).gif

Jks.
Fr tho this security shit has put me within arm's reach of alot of people, had some good conversations with some as well.

LeBron, drake, Idris Elba, Mark Cuban, the raptors, snoop and kurupt, killa mike, Laurence fishburne, kit Harrington, deadmau5, Skepta, practically every NBA team, some other major league sports teams, are some of the highlights off top.
I'm sure I've posted some stories already. Some of these happened within the last year.

I shot my shot at Cristina Milian... Don't really wanna get into the details

Got into a scuffle with Gillie the kid outside a club in Philly.

Shot my shot at Pam from Martin.

Sat down with Mya and her dad and just talked out my ass for like 20 mins about how I produced artists wanted to work with them, while in my tsa uniform. I was trying slyly shoot my shot at Mya.

Bouncing I met the Wu, TI, slick Rick, I prevented rapper big pooh from going back stage cuz he didn't have the proper wrist bands...

I'm sure there are a few others, but I can't remember right this moment

Back