Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Emotional" Cheating

ya'll kill me with that shit tho

like for real

i get it, you dont believe in jesus...some people do

if thats the only thing you took from my post, then maybe this aint the convo for you

lol it was joke my nigga , relax b :relax:

Lol that's why you talk your points out as you make them, instead of making one post saying everything

I see purple, yellow, green and blue but I'm not taking a cheater back. You will and that's cool but I gotta be too "black and white" cause I choose not to.

Everybody is different.

then say your issue is with honesty or lack of honesty

honesty takes on several forms in a relationship

to me, not being able to take someone back due to a moment of indiscretion boils down to ego. You are going to be thinking about what people think about you. You are going to be thinking about certain inadequacies you may be feeling, etc...

instead of me continuing to say "its not black and white", would you all prefer if i said there are levels? I think the misconception is that im saying its ok to let someone habitually abuse your trust. Im not saying that at all, but how long do you have to be with someone for them to earn at least one "get out jail free" card if you will? Like how long do you have to be with them for you to even remotely entertain the idea of taking them back after a moment of infidelity, whether it be physical or emotional?

Ya'll keep saying that its unforgivable! HOW? So just one time and thats it? Then for those of you who have spiritual connections to higher powers or believe in the teachings of Jesus/ and or the bible, it clearly states if you confess your sins to your father, he has forgiven you. If you truly believe ANY of that is true, how then can you say, but but...you cheated...there's no coming back from that. Goes back to ego and pride.

I get it, you feel betrayed, hurt, upset, etc...but when does a person get some grace from you? I've said it multiple times, but forgiveness is more about you releasing the hurt vs you actually forgiving the person that may have wronged you. It allows YOU to let go and stop holding on to all the emotions you were feeling.

If it were to happen to me, yes, i would more likely than not experience all the things i just mentioned, but idk man, i'm just different. I would be more pissed if she took all the money out the account or did some shit to fuck up my credit. I can bounce back from emotional scars, but fucking with my money and credit is another beast b/c that shit can really play a role in stuff you try to do in the future either by yourself or should you decide to get with someone else.

Again, this notion that "well people lie to themselves to convince themselves" stuff is just silly to me, b/c it assumes everything is an absolute and its just not. I dont hold this view that i need to paint every situation in my life with some huge broad brush. Every situation is different. Kudos to you all who appear to have found someone that doesnt make you question things in life. I really mean that, but stop trying to make it seem like all they gotta do is what you do in your relationship, then everything will be fine.

and this was explained in all my posts for the reasoning behind my inability to take that person back..i've said in multiple posts, it isn't about just the act in itself it's all about the lying to themselves and their s/o that happens along the way....

it's all connected, and i explained it the whole way....the main reason it would be difficult for me to be with or trust a cheater, is because i would feel they are incapable of holding themselves accountable for their wrongs, they're not to be trusted, and ultimately, the levels of dishonesty they'll adapt to in order to support delusion.....those are all characteristics i cannot have at my side in all things....and if you're to be my s/o you will be at my side in all things......you have to be of true and honest character...we all fuck up, but be honest about it.....

which is why my wife said she'd be more understanding towards a "i got drunk" moment vs a prolonged affair.....

which in my case i don't fuck with either, because even in an "i got drunk" moment, there was still some choices and decisions made along the way that i would not be able to sit well with.....frankly because i am not a fan of ultimatums and not substance that should have that much control over your decision making process, and if it does, you should be self aware enough to limit your consumption....

that kinda lack of self control again bothers me in matter of having someone by my side in all things

and saying "everything is an absolute' is just as broad as what you're pointing....

i'm not saying "everything" is an absolute, nor am i saying "everything" is black and white....

we're talking in exact specifics on an specific topic.......

cheating is wrong.

cheating is not right

those are two absolutes....and i stand 100% behind those two particular absolutes.....

and i feel that any justification, or spin, or exception to those two absolutes begin with a lie to one's self, desperation to justify that lie, and a conditioning of circumstances that people feel are out of their control leading them to those otherwise irrefutable wrongs

ultimately denial.

and like i said earlier, denial is more appealing that guilt....

cuz people hate saying "i was wrong, this was on me, there was no excuse." if anything......THAT'S ego

and this was explained in all my posts for the reasoning behind my inability to take that person back..i've said in multiple posts, it isn't about just the act in itself it's all about the lying to themselves and their s/o that happens along the way....

it's all connected, and i explained it the whole way....the main reason it would be difficult for me to be with or trust a cheater, is because i would feel they are incapable of holding themselves accountable for their wrongs, they're not to be trusted, and ultimately, the levels of dishonesty they'll adapt to in order to support delusion.....those are all characteristics i cannot have at my side in all things....and if you're to be my s/o you will be at my side in all things......you have to be of true and honest character...we all fuck up, but be honest about it.....

which is why my wife said she'd be more understanding towards a "i got drunk" moment vs a prolonged affair.....

which in my case i don't fuck with either, because even in an "i got drunk" moment, there was still some choices and decisions made along the way that i would not be able to sit well with.....frankly because i am not a fan of ultimatums and not substance that should have that much control over your decision making process, and if it does, you should be self aware enough to limit your consumption....

that kinda lack of self control again bothers me in matter of having someone by my side in all things

so then you dont feel a person could truly be remorseful then?

where does it end?

if she says she sorry she forgot to call you when she made it to her destination?

if she says she sorry for not including you in a decision?

if she says she sorry for talking to you in a disrespectful manner during an arguement?

and saying "everything is an absolute' is just as broad as what you're pointing....

i'm not saying "everything" is an absolute, nor am i saying "everything" is black and white....

we're talking in exact specifics on an specific topic.......

cheating is wrong.

cheating is not right

those are two absolutes....and i stand 100% behind those two particular absolutes.....

and i feel that any justification, or spin, or exception to those two absolutes begin with a lie to one's self, desperation to justify that lie, and a conditioning of circumstances that people feel are out of their control leading them to those otherwise irrefutable wrongs

ultimately denial.

and like i said earlier, denial is more appealing that guilt....

cuz people hate saying "i was wrong, this was on me, there was no excuse." if anything......THAT'S ego

just posted my response, but i ask again, since you wanted to elaborate some more, then what is forgivable?

if someone acknowledges that they were acting selfishly and that they were truly remorseful and this was a one time thing...does that not mean ANYTHING??

lost in all this is the fact that in MOST cases...where there is an act of infidelity (physical or emotional), both parties have contributed to it. People are still responsible for the decisions that they have made b/c no one has made you decide to look outside of the relationship, however, to deny that the offended/wronged person didnt play a role in the demise of the relationship is just silly to me

so then you dont feel a person could truly be remorseful then?

where does it end?

if she says she sorry she forgot to call you when she made it to her destination?

if she says she sorry for not including you in a decision?

if she says she sorry for talking to you in a disrespectful manner during an arguement?
of course you can be remorseful.

but cause does have effect.....i teach it to my son all the time....you can be sorry all day, but that does not unbreak the plate.

nor does being sorry allow you to go back in time to take the proper precautions to ensure that you do not break the plate....

people have to be aware of their decision making process,
carelessness has it's consequences...

people have to stop trying to avoid the consequences of their actions...

she may be sorry she didn't call when she faced her destination, but that doesn't change the fact that her dude may have an attitude cuz he was legit worried about her safe arrival.....he went through that, he experienced, and sorry doesn't erase that.....he may get over it, but if he has an attitude"i said sorry" doesn't erase that...you earned that attitude, now deal with it

whatever you do or don't do, you have to be 100% prepared to deal with the consequences that accompany it, or you're just not operating in the real world.....

If it ever gets to the point, simply break up with the person. Victim blaming is definitely not the right way to approach the subject of cheating.

lost in all this is the fact that in MOST cases...where there is an act of infidelity (physical or emotional), both parties have contributed to it. People are still responsible for the decisions that they have made b/c no one has made you decide to look outside of the relationship, however, to deny that the offended/wronged person didnt play a role in the demise of the relationship is just silly to me
who is saying the contrary though?

relationships take two people two make it work,that is true,

but when one of those people introduce a 3rd person, they are the one that ultimately disrupted any chances of reconcile.....

there are many problems that two people can work through.....adding another person to the mix happens to not be one of them

If it ever gets to the point, simply break up with the person. Victim blaming is definitely not the right way to approach the subject of cheating.
EXACTLY!!!

if someone is cheating because they feel the relationship is already over.... THEN FUCKING END IT!!!!

its not victim blaming, its acknowledging that both parties played a role in the state of the relationship

its you taking ownership for shit that you have done, and its them for taking ownership for shit they have done

its NOT saying, well, i did this b/c you did that

EXACTLY!!!

if someone is cheating because they feel the relationship is already over.... THEN FUCKING END IT!!!!

its that simple huh?

are we talking about all levels of relationships or just someone you have been dating and you dont have papers on them?

its that simple huh?

are we talking about all levels of relationships or just someone you have been dating and you dont have papers on them?

if it's not that simple then it's being complicated in rationale to make oneself feel better......

Back