Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Dreams, Nightmares, and Sleep paralysis... share your experiences

Ill tell yall the worst dream I had.

7 years ago, im at rock bottom. Mid 20s, broke as fuck, no degree, going nowhere quick. I was going through a real breakdown. Shit was dark.

So, I teach myself java, and I fake a resume with 6 years experience. 2-3 months of interviews and I finally get a job.

Im super happy, but also, super scared.

Cause I aint really ever do work in development, just taught myself from watching youtube videos. And then its not like I go for an entry position or internship, I got a job that required 5+ years of experience. So I gotta get there and know what im doing.

So im going through it. Mood swinging every second. One second, im over the moon cause I got a 65k job and its a career job. Next second, im scared as shit that ima get exposed.

Oh, and to add to that, I had to move to NC cause thats where the job was and I aint know anyone in NC and never been there.

So thats the context, im going through it.

Now, the time comes and I go in on my first day. A whole month goes by and im killing it at work. Everyone loves me.

I fucking made it.

Then, I have this dream. Lmaooo. In this dream, it felt like reality was the dream. This dream played out like I just woke up out of a dream and the last month of real life was the dream. Which meant, I was back in the place of uncertainty and being broke with no future and stressing about being exposed on the job. Basically had to do this whole month over again without a gaurantee of success.

I broke down in my dream and hit rock bottom.

Then I woke up. Looked around and saw I was in my NC apartment and getting the job and being successful at it was real.

Couldnt go back to sleep.

I never forget that dream and the context of it. Shit was crazy

Yall ever had a dream that was too real and when you woke up, you was either confused or disappointed it wasn't real? I had a few of those.

I remember I had a dream where I was in my english college class. It seems like I was skipping this class a lot. I dont remember all the details but we were given an assignment. That is when i began to wake up. I stayed in my bed thinking "have i really been skipping this class?". I was really trying to remember if I had to turn an assignment in. Then it dawned on me, I graduated college years ago, lol.

Lmao. I was down bad one time and dreamt that I found $200 in a pair of sweats I hadn't worn in a while.

Woke up, went through my morning and was like "oh yeah I got that $200 in the sweats."
200w (7).gif

Wasn't nothing but lint in those pockets man. I was hurt. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why the hell did I come in this thread?!

FF300D70-39AF-4C90-B5D3-CBAFF3E7CC87.gif

Shit happened to me 20 years ago. I was laying on my side facing the door and woke up and couldn’t move. Damn shadow figure sitting on the floor in my hallway like

DC10D0D0-9FEE-4161-9765-48D62D1A26B2.gif

I’ve never been more shook in my life. Makes me wonder though why the hell all of us see the shadow figure? I get the science behind sleep paralysis, but the shadow figure is unexplainable.

Other weird sleep shit I experience. Sometimes I’ll go days in a row waking up at exactly 3am on the dot, the witching hour. Now when I wake up in the middle of the night I don’t even look at the clock, lol. I can tell though when it’s around 3am.

And I’ll be almost sleep sometimes and hear a loud ass noise and have to sit up awake for 10 minutes to make sure it wasn’t real.

This thread made me go and read some of the dreams I actually wrote down. Last year, I started to write down my dreams just so I could remember them. Man I dont remember anything I wrote down, lol. The shits are funny though. Only reason I stopped is because it was interrupting my sleep cycle. It would take me awhile to go back to sleep if I went back to write it down. Think im gonna start it back up. This time just record a voice note or video about my dreams.

Why the hell did I come in this thread?!

View attachment 784254

Shit happened to me 20 years ago. I was laying on my side facing the door and woke up and couldn’t move. Damn shadow figure sitting on the floor in my hallway like

View attachment 784256

I’ve never been more shook in my life. Makes me wonder though why the hell all of us see the shadow figure? I get the science behind sleep paralysis, but the shadow figure is unexplainable.

Other weird sleep shit I experience. Sometimes I’ll go days in a row waking up at exactly 3am on the dot, the witching hour. Now when I wake up in the middle of the night I don’t even look at the clock, lol. I can tell though when it’s around 3am.

And I’ll be almost sleep sometimes and hear a loud ass noise and have to sit up awake for 10 minutes to make sure it wasn’t real.

Damn my nigga.

This thread made me go and read some of the dreams I actually wrote down. Last year, I started to write down my dreams just so I could remember them. Man I dont remember anything I wrote down, lol. The shits are funny though. Only reason I stopped is because it was interrupting my sleep cycle. It would take me awhile to go back to sleep if I went back to write it down. Think im gonna start it back up. This time just record a voice note or video about my dreams.

I remember all my lucid dreams back to when I was a kid.

I used to have sleep paralysis HEAVY. It was really bad. Started when I was a kid all the at til my mid 20s.

Used to be real scary. I remember one particular time…. One nite I woke up and couldn’t move at all and saw a shadowy figure standing over me.

shit wild…I remember being in relationships and even laying in bed with my partner that shit was happening. I learned to close my eyes and force myself to completely wake up out of it. I have a theory but I don’t wanna stir up any “conspiracies”

I used to have sleep paralysis HEAVY. It was really bad. Started when I was a kid all the at til my mid 20s.

Used to be real scary. I remember one particular time…. One nite I woke up and couldn’t move at all and saw a shadowy figure standing over me.

shit wild…I remember being in relationships and even laying in bed with my partner that shit was happening. I learned to close my eyes and force myself to completely wake up out of it. I have a theory but I don’t wanna stir up any “conspiracies”

giphy.gif

Nigga... spill it.

I don’t think I have too many memorable night time dreams I be smoking at night so I think weed mess with REM sleep which leads to dreams. Never had any type sleep paralysis probably would have a heart attack

I don’t think I have too many memorable night time dreams I be smoking at night so I think weed mess with REM sleep which leads to dreams. Never had any type sleep paralysis probably would have a heart attack
Yeah, when it do edibles, I dont dream at all. I just be in a deep sleep. But I get some of the best sleep

Last edited:
I remember all my lucid dreams back to when I was a kid.
Man, I only remember the traumatizing dreams, lol. When i was a kid, I remember saying beetle juice 3 times would always give me a nightmare. One of my favorite movies. I avoided saying it for a while, like years. Or I would stop at saying it twice.

Never fails to trip me out. Sometimes I'll have a dream where I'm not aware I'm dreaming but I'll jump or fall from an extremely high place. It's never me trying to kill myself or nothing it will be cause I need to get somewhere. But I always jump then be like wtf I'm about to die only to land the jump or ever so lightly buss my ass.

It's like cause I've never experienced death I always make the jump.

I can remember dreams from when I was a kid

but a few yrs ago I tried to keep a dream journal

& soon after that (maybe a month or 2) it was like my mind would erase memories of the dreams I jus had

then once I stopped keepin the journal it kinda went back to normal

I can remember dreams from when I was a kid

but a few yrs ago I tried to keep a dream journal

& soon after that (maybe a month or 2) it was like my mind would erase memories of the dreams I jus had

then once I stopped keepin the journal it kinda went back to normal
Funny how that works. I remember more dreams as a kid then I do as a adult. Just as i wake up from a dream while it is still fresh, I feel details begin to fade as I try to recount what I just saw a moment ago.

Funny how that works. I remember more dreams as a kid then I do as a adult. Just as i wake up from a dream while it is still fresh, I feel details begin to fade as I try to recount what I just saw a moment ago.

yea

last night I was on a date w/ Angela Rye (at least that's what she looked like), took a helicopter ride & sum mo shit lol

That shit happen to me before had me scared shitless . I had the black shadow pin me down and it was in my face and i was tryin to scream and move but i was stuck .

Used to get it bad when I was high school. Felt like it happened once a week at least. I never get the dark beings sitting on my chest or none of that.

But I did get this little yellow imp thing, reminded me of the mfer from Sin City. It ran into my room bust the door open and bit my side. It felt so real, when I snapped out of it I had the sensation that I was actually bitten. Never had anything like it since.

Back