Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Dreams, Nightmares, and Sleep paralysis... share your experiences

I had this happen once last year. My first time ever. I was able to control my actions and parts of the dream. When it woke up, I was happy as hell cause I thought it was dope. Of course, I started to forget the details of the dream once I woke up.

To me it's very akin to lucid dreaming.

Once I'm aware I'm dreaming I can start to influence and control it. But sometimes I fuck it up and just wake up....

I know this shit can all be controlled with the right mental space and I swear I be right there... Just can't get it right

I remember all my lucid dreams back to when I was little.

I started having them maybe around 9-10 years old. Told my mom about it and she bought me this big ass dream dictionary.

I started practicing that shit in my dreams and once I learned to fully control everything I never looked back.

I really be on my neo from matrix shit when I'm lucid dreaming. Can do anything. It's a fucking vibe.

Waking myself up out a nightmare is easy as shit too.

I've had this happen to me a lot when I was younger. The first time it happened I was convinced it was a wrap, lol. I didn't know what I was struggling against, but I had this feeling that if I stopped fighting, I would never get another chance, again. As I've gotten older, it only happens a handful of times a year. Still the woat feeling. It feels like something is pulling me through my bed. I joke with myself that I'm getting early access to my trip to hell, lol.

Also, many people I've spoken to irl and online have all mentioned encountering some kind of entity, too. Either "shadow people" or "a woman". I've thankfully never experienced seeing any shadow people, but there was one time in particular where I encountered the woman/the hag. I'll never forget it, I was lying on my side and completely frozen. At that point in my life, it already happened so much that I wasn't panicking too hard, just waiting for it to pass. Next thing I know, I feel goosebumps down my neck and then I start hearing a woman laughing. A quiet, but malevolent laugher. To this day I don't know what it was. I was convinced she/it was right behind me, breathing on my neck. Like others have mentioned, I tried to scream, but nothing came out.

Some people say it's a holy spiritual experience, others say demonic. Some that it's related to astral projection and lucid dreaming. Meanwhile, scientists believe that it happens because the mechanism in our brains responsible for turning off motor functions in your sleep (so that you don't physically act out your dreams) activates before we are actually asleep. I don't know what to make of it, anymore.

As terrifying as it is, it's undeniably an interesting experience for sure, though.

I haven't experienced the hag/shadow figure but one time when I was around 20 I woke up from a nap during the day and it felt like something was biting my head. I wasn't in any kind of sleep paralysis and felt it getting harder and harder. I always say it felt like one if those saibamen from dbz was locked on to my neck and skull.

dragon-ball-z-kakarot-22.jpg

I couldn't see anything but the feeling was so real I felt I had to physically rip it off of me. I struggled with it then threw it across my room. The pain stopped as soon as I did that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't experienced the hag/shadow figure but one time when I was around 20 I woke up from a nap during the day and it felt like something was biting my head. I wasn't in any kind of sleep paralysis and felt it getting harder and harder. I always say it felt like one if those saibamen from dbz was locked on to my neck and skull.

View attachment 782194

I could see anything but the feeling was so real I felt I had to physically rip it off of me. I struggled with it then threw it across my room. The pain stopped as soon as I did that.
Lmao damn

I had it happen to me when I was a kid. When I was younger I had my room door open and I saw the TV in the living room still on. I saw a figure start to come into my room and I thought it was my grandmom. Then the figure came into my room with long arms trying to reach for me, all the while I couldn’t move or say anything. Talking about being scared to death is an understatement.

Honestly, I envy some of y'all niggas. Minus the sleep paralysis shit. I can't remember the last time I woke up and could remember a dream I had. At this point, I'd take a nightmare. smh

I had it happen to me quite a few times not in recent years but it felt like that dark shadowy figure held me down then tried to drag me out the room. I couldn’t move at all but it would feel like I was being pulled out my bed then I’d snap out of it and I’m just laying there. Shit was scary af. Reminded me of those dark figures from that movie ghost
View attachment 782170
Yes yes... This!!

I had it happen to me quite a few times not in recent years but it felt like that dark shadowy figure held me down then tried to drag me out the room. I couldn’t move at all but it would feel like I was being pulled out my bed then I’d snap out of it and I’m just laying there. Shit was scary af. Reminded me of those dark figures from that movie ghost
View attachment 782170
This niggas demon was gay lol

View attachment 782170
Man you described exactly what it felt like one night as I was sleep on my stomach.

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t move, But I FELT some weird shadow presence hovering over my shoulder and, just as I realized that, it then felt like all my breath and energy was getting pulled out of my body from my back by the shadow figure. That crap was alarming, it woke me up fully for a second but then I shook it off as just being a dream. I was at my fam house and that next morning my uncle woke us up with news that my Mawmaw had passed that night. It didn’t even occur to me until mid day but thats when I made the connection and suspected that’s what that phenomenon i experienced that night.

i used to experience these all the time the summer before i left for college. i’ve never seen a shadowy figure but i always felt an evil presence behind my shoulder since i sleep on my side. the inability to move, yell, or wake up used to terrify me

i get them every now and then but I don’t panic anymore. they tryna snatch my soul and i’m like

6CD6237D-77FB-4CDC-BDA5-2EE803F56475.png

and wait for the shit to pass

happened once few yrs ago

sumn woke me up & I saw the shadowy figure at door comin in from the hall

tried to roll over & grab the yalk but couldn't move lol

was yellin in my head but couldn't make a sound

since I was a kid tho I've always had lucid dreams, didn't kno what it was called at the time

jus knew I was dreamin but still in control of my actions in the dream

which led to sum inception type shit where I fell asleep within my dream

was in sum kinda park (in my dream), sat on a bench put my head down & fell asleep then was at a party w/ celebrities & folks I went to school w/

woke up from the party & was at the bench so I thought it was real, then sumn woke me up & I was in my bed & didn't kno if it was reality

fucked me up for bout 10mins

Had a dream about my high school crush last night. She was all on me.

Thing is I realized mid dream that I been seen her since high school, had the chance to chop it up with her and even went out with her amongst a group of friends and could've slided. But she was kinda wack both physically and mentally so I let that dream go.

But in the dream it was the high school version just older. So she got slid innnnnnn. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In the South and or southern areas old people would say "that monkey is on your chest"or that witch is coming for you.

I had that shit happen to me one time and I was scared as fuck. I could hear shit and see a shadow but a nigga was stuck and couldn't talk. I kept telling myself I'm not about die like this. Shit seemed like it was going on for hours but it might've been a few minutes. Then I woke up and a nigga was shook

Yall ever had a dream that was too real and when you woke up, you was either confused or disappointed it wasn't real? I had a few of those.

I remember I had a dream where I was in my english college class. It seems like I was skipping this class a lot. I dont remember all the details but we were given an assignment. That is when i began to wake up. I stayed in my bed thinking "have i really been skipping this class?". I was really trying to remember if I had to turn an assignment in. Then it dawned on me, I graduated college years ago, lol.

Back