Welcome To aBlackWeb

Draymond Green Speaks on the WNBA equal pay nonsense. Update: Rapinoe slams Draymond Green comments on women's sports

Stop saying it's low level high school ball. It's not and that's disrespectful af.

I see low level Hight school basketball all the time and the wnba ain't that.

You giving too much credit to a nigga because he can dunk and a female can't. High school boys basketball has some of the lowest iq niggas I've seen play and they get by solely off their athleticism

Athleticism plays a huge fucking factor in basketball being watchable. Check the viewership for them

They fumble and blow layups left and right like a HS team.

Athleticism plays a huge fucking factor in basketball being watchable. Check the viewership for them

They fumble and blow layups left and right like a HS team.
Niggas in the NBA do it to

I just saw niggas blow layups in the Pelicans/rockets game last night b

It happens

Okay. I see your being extra obtuse so ima just fall back and let you brag about how great the product in the WNBA is.

This thread got comedy

They bring in revenue, but they dont profit. Feels like the League could afford 150-200K per WNBA player. But something has to turn around or they may have to start contracting.

the nba needs to do better at promoting and building the wnba brand - until that day comes wnba players will not get paid the same as nba players.

hold them accountable for putting the same energy into building the nba into the wnba - they've done it before and can figure it out

fight THAT fight

they wont promote it if no one watches it .

Okay. I see your being extra obtuse so ima just fall back and let you brag about how great the product in the WNBA is.
I'll do you one better

You don't have to shit on them to big up the NBA

There is room for both leagues at the table

Stop saying it's low level high school ball. It's not and that's disrespectful af.

I see low level Hight school basketball all the time and the wnba ain't that.

You giving too much credit to a nigga because he can dunk and a female can't. High school boys basketball has some of the lowest iq niggas I've seen play and they get by solely off their athleticism

Lol he talking like he play pro ball in any sport is what kills
Me

I'll do you one better

You don't have to shit on them to big up the NBA

There is room for both leagues at the table

I can shit on shitty basketball. We do it all the time in the nba thread

if they were smart they would build on paige buckner success/following. Gianna Bryant was also entertaining to watch too.
Gianna was gonna be the chosen one for real

it was all lining up

She could ball
Had the pedigree
very beautiful young lady
Personable

like she was gonna be the one they went all in on.

now they back at square one...I do think that white girl from UConn got some juice tho.

Honestly I think the missed the boat on Skylar Diggins

she could have been their first true ICON

They marketed the hell out of Diggins, Griner and Delle Donne and people still didn't tune in to watch. WNBA isn't that interesting to watch no matter how much money the NBA put into it and these NBA players promote it

They marketed the hell out of Diggins, Griner and Delle Donne and people still didn't tune in to watch. WNBA isn't that interesting to watch no matter how much money the NBA put into it and these NBA players promote it
I also think and agree with many female athletes (WNBA in particular) that emphasize actually targeting the marketing to women

Let the top stars be the face of feminine products like tampons, bras and other under garments, perfumes, lingerie, make-up, pregnancy tests and all other shit marketed towards women and girls...and they can still have the athletic shit too...

many female athletes (WNBA in particular) are not looked at as feminine...which is fucked up...but thats the reality its all about perception. We know that just like blackness and masculinity...femininity is a spectrum and looks diff for every woman...athlete or not....so they need to insert themselves into those spaces..

I also saw someone suggest they create more off the court content as well...

“Real lives of the WNBA” or something

the major viewer demo for these shows are women between 18-35...their target market

Hell WWE got women to watch SOME wrestling just off of Total Divas and the Bella reality show

if WWE can do it...WNBA def can

Showing how some of these women juggle motherhood, being a wife and thier lives on the court would go a long way in breaking a lot of perceptions about them and prob garner more interest in thier product from the core demo

I also think and agree with many female athletes (WNBA in particular) that emphasize actually targeting the marketing to women

Let the top stars be the face of feminine products like tampons, bras and other under garments, perfumes, lingerie, make-up, pregnancy tests and all other shit marketed towards women and girls...and they can still have the athletic shit too...

many female athletes (WNBA in particular) are not looked at as feminine...which is fucked up...but thats the reality its all about perception. We know that just like blackness and masculinity...femininity is a spectrum and looks diff for every woman...athlete or not....so they need to insert themselves into those spaces..

Yea I think Gigi was the heir to getting people to watch. she has real skill and talent. With so many former NBA stars also having daughters who play in that age group it all lined up.

They need to be trying to attract little girls. That brings in Dads and Moms who want to be involved with their daughters hobby.

Not trying to be homophobic but the gay players have too much power. They try to be so much like the men that its a detriment, people don't want to watch the NBA with women when the NBA exist. They need to be there own thing. You don't have to play dolled up but when it comes to advertising they need to wear makeup.

Men use thier social media for benefit of the league but you never see the woman use twitter or IG in the same way.

Back