Welcome To aBlackWeb

Draymond Green Speaks on the WNBA equal pay nonsense. Update: Rapinoe slams Draymond Green comments on women's sports

They don’t deserve equal pay.

Their product is shitty and NOBODY watches. So the money ain’t there.

Folks wanna make up all these reasons when the reason is their play style and athleticism is comparable to a High School basketball team that come In last in their district

So you saying their athleticism is on par, better or worse than HIGH SCHOOL boys basketball teams?

before I crush the buildings I would like to know exactly what your saying
Let's start with this, I think the women deserve what they have the ability to negotiate.

Whatever that number is, I don't know what it is. I would like to see them make a wage that doesn't have them having to play overseas in the off season trying to make ends meet. They have notariety but can't monetize off of it on a scale that's at least a meaningful percentage of their male counterparts. For every Dwayne that doesn't like the wnba there is a guy/woman that actually looks forward to seeing them play.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong or I'm right. I thought your comparison is sexist. And here we are.

Let's start with this, I think the women deserve what they have the ability to negotiate.

Whatever that number is, I don't know what it is. I would like to see them make a wage that doesn't have them having to play overseas in the off season trying to make ends meet. They have notariety but can't monetize off of it on a scale that's at least a meaningful percentage of their male counterparts. For every Dwayne that doesn't like the wnba there is a guy/woman that actually looks forward to seeing them play.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong or I'm right. I thought your comparison is sexist. And here we are.

1. They don’t have to go overseas to make ends meet. They go because it’s more money

2. For every Dwayne that don’t watch WNBA it’s not a person that looks forward to watching them because we wouldn’t be talking about this. Where are the WNBA thread on here and folks taking about. They average less than 7K per game of people in the stands and the viewership on tv is not good.

And you still didn’t answer my question regarding athleticism but called me sexist when I stated a fact.

More money in the sense that it's extra income or they get paid more than they do in the wnba? I need some clarification

My point still stands, there are people that support the sport even if you don't.

I'm not going to make my next couple of sentences based on an assumption about your knowledge or lack of so lemme keep this about me.

I played against simone augustus when we were kids. I knew then she was different. I saw her dunk in 8th grade and it wasn't a struggle dunk. I watched most of her LSU career and she was playing with my homeboy lil sister who I also saw play growing up. She was always trying to play with us when we were in high school and she was going to southern lab.

Both of them were really good. Both of them made it to the Wnba.

I mention this because once I started refereeing, I have not seen here in baton rouge the talent that those two women had. I've seen some terrible girls basketball but I think that's more of a regional thing here in Louisiana as evidenced by LSU having more out of state kids now than they have in years past when all the home grown talent used to go to LSU. Those ladies can ball. Can they back you down in the post, dunk on you, etc... No, but why should that matter. They are the best if the best in their particular sport and should be properly compensated for it. Again, I do not know what this number is but it has to be more than what it currently is today.

More money in the sense that it's extra income or they get paid more than they do in the wnba? I need some clarification

My point still stands, there are people that support the sport even if you don't.

I'm not going to make my next couple of sentences based on an assumption about your knowledge or lack of so lemme keep this about me.

I played against simone augustus when we were kids. I knew then she was different. I saw her dunk in 8th grade and it wasn't a struggle dunk. I watched most of her LSU career and she was playing with my homeboy lil sister who I also saw play growing up. She was always trying to play with us when we were in high school and she was going to southern lab.

Both of them were really good. Both of them made it to the Wnba.

I mention this because once I started refereeing, I have not seen here in baton rouge the talent that those two women had. I've seen some terrible girls basketball but I think that's more of a regional thing here in Louisiana as evidenced by LSU having more out of state kids now than they have in years past when all the home grown talent used to go to LSU. Those ladies can ball. Can they back you down in the post, dunk on you, etc... No, but why should that matter. They are the best if the best in their particular sport and should be properly compensated for it. Again, I do not know what this number is but it has to be more than what it currently is today.

They are not the best in their sport. They are the best women at their sport which don’t really mean nothing when it’s Better mens leagues across the entire world that is better.

Again. Folks watch the NBA or NCAAMBB because it something regular folks can’t do. Folks watch NFL, NCAAFB

The product is not top tier. It may be top tier for women but its a significant difference between men and women.

When you watch a man tennis match the product is still the same. It’s no difference when it comes to skills.

I played against Alberta Aguste numerous times when i was in the West Bank before she went to Tennessee

I played against Odyssey Sims thinking this girl gon be great when she older and was already one of the best players in the country. Ended up 2nd overall pick in the WNBA draft.

All that to say. They are just not that entertaining. And most of American feels the same which means their viewership and attendance is so low.

They are not the best in their sport. They are the best women at their sport which don’t really mean nothing when it’s Better mens leagues across the entire world that is better.

Again. Folks watch the NBA or NCAAMBB because it something regular folks can’t do. Folks watch NFL, NCAAFB

The product is not top tier. It may be top tier for women but its a significant difference between men and women.

When you watch a man tennis match the product is still the same. It’s no difference when it comes to skills.

I played against Alberta Aguste numerous times when i was in the West Bank before she went to Tennessee

I played against Odyssey Sims thinking this girl gon be great when she older and was already one of the best players in the country. Ended up 2nd overall pick in the WNBA draft.

All that to say. They are just not that entertaining. And most of American feels the same which means their viewership and attendance is so low.

can you out shoot anybody in the wnba?

he retarded

Fall back with the insults asap

are women comparable to HS boys (not even men) when it comes to athleticism? I dare you answer it honestly

Most High schools boys that play sports are much more Athletic than most of WNBA

the nba needs to do better at promoting and building the wnba brand - until that day comes wnba players will not get paid the same as nba players.

hold them accountable for putting the same energy into building the nba into the wnba - they've done it before and can figure it out

fight THAT fight

the nba needs to do better at promoting and building the wnba brand - until that day comes wnba players will not get paid the same as nba players.

hold them accountable for putting the same energy into building the nba into the wnba - they've done it before and can figure it out

fight THAT fight

Lmao. You think the NBA don’t want something they own to succeed?

It’s the fans who don’t care bruh.

Back