Welcome To aBlackWeb

Draymond Green Speaks on the WNBA equal pay nonsense. Update: Rapinoe slams Draymond Green comments on women's sports

They are not the best in their sport. They are the best women at their sport which don’t really mean nothing when it’s Better mens leagues across the entire world that is better.

Again. Folks watch the NBA or NCAAMBB because it something regular folks can’t do. Folks watch NFL, NCAAFB

The product is not top tier. It may be top tier for women but its a significant difference between men and women.

When you watch a man tennis match the product is still the same. It’s no difference when it comes to skills.

I played against Alberta Aguste numerous times when i was in the West Bank before she went to Tennessee

I played against Odyssey Sims thinking this girl gon be great when she older and was already one of the best players in the country. Ended up 2nd overall pick in the WNBA draft.

All that to say. They are just not that entertaining. And most of American feels the same which means their viewership and attendance is so low.
They are the best women in professional basketball so yes, they are the best in their sport of women's basketball. They destroy international competition so yes, they are the best.

They are the best women in professional basketball so yes, they are the best in their sport of women's basketball. They destroy international competition so yes, they are the best.

Okay.

now talk basketball only and don’t look at gender. Now where they rank?

It matter because folks wanna see the best product they can when it comes to sports.
Ehhh

Soccer is the number one sport in the world but behind the major 4 here in the US. There is still a market for it here though

aside from any part of the actual game i think promoting more "star" players would help the whole league with viewers and followers

they need some big time front runners.....household names, idc if they gotta rig the shit or what.....some said they changed the game so MJ could score

they need that unstoppable chick (a few of them) thats also fun and marketable off the court

the little girls need to look up to them and wanna be them.....it sounds corny but the league has the resources to put into making them look cooler

might even have to over inflate somebody's shit just to get the ball rolling

none of these women are seen by tmz coming out of clubs jumping into lambos, their love lives are not front page material, they're not popping up in movies or rap videos, etc

we're talking about TV money at the end of the day......you have to have THAT push in order to generate those views....everybody that tunes in to nba is NOT there to analyze basketball skill and athleticism....its the whole show....even the stars that are attending those nba games are generating views and sales

they gotta make the WNBA cool to women and kids

Lmao. You think the NBA don’t want something they own to succeed?

It’s the fans who don’t care bruh.

we all know they want the nba to succeed - the other brands is whats in question

few years ago when they started pushing summer league in vegas - all that energy they put behind that should and could have been for the wnba

noone NEEDED that product - the kids getting highlighted got their shine already during march madness. they knew wnba is a summer product but did it anyways

fans (society in general) end up liking whats put infront them most often. the wnba if ran right can make it

I know what Draymond was talking about. At the end of the day, the WNBA pays the players and the WNBA is not a profitable league, so it can't pay them a ton of money. That's just a fact. This whole thing is tantamount to Arena League football players complaining because they aren't getting paid as much as NFL players.

This is not a gender pay gap issue. It's simply a matter of one product being more profitable than the other and therefore the people producing the more profitable product make more money.

Even if the WNBA product was the same quality as the NBA, which I believe most people would say it's not, it still doesn't bring in the money necessary to pay the players the same.

@Dwayne

I absolutely agree with you, but you are arguing with half-chicks in this thread.

I guarantee no one in this thread would bet money on the best WNBA team defeating the best high-school men's basketball team. Pro vs. Amateur. The WNBA team would get slaughtered by high-schoolers. Not even up for debate.

The problem is these chicks want equal outcome in addition to equal opportunity.

Jordan Peterson would slap these delusional dudes in this thread silly.

@Dwayne

I absolutely agree with you, but you are arguing with half-chicks in this thread.

I guarantee no one in this thread would bet money on the best WNBA team defeating the best high-school men's basketball team. Pro vs. Amateur. The WNBA team would get slaughtered by high-schoolers. Not even up for debate.

The problem is these chicks want equal outcome in addition to equal opportunity.

Jordan Peterson would slap these delusional dudes in this thread silly.
Lol

No one is making that comparison though. Well at least I'm not.

These women kick other women's ass in international/global play routinely. It's not even close. They are the best in the world in their gender respective sport.

I know there's just a single woman who can beat the 15th dude on an NBA roster but why is that being brought up when it comes to their pay. I'm too lazy to look but what's the average starting salary of a wnba player?

Lol

No one is making that comparison though. Well at least I'm not.

These women kick other women's ass in international/global play routinely. It's not even close. They are the best in the world in their gender respective sport.

I know there's just a single woman who can beat the 15th dude on an NBA roster but why is that being brought up when it comes to their pay. I'm too lazy to look but what's the average starting salary of a wnba player?

Hell no. They ain’t beating no NBA player.

they get 100K

These are kids 16 and under

Them >>> WNBA.

again. Their basketball is very very bad and horrible to watch

Back