Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dr Umar lists his top 5 coons of all time

Again, no one's arguing against the idea that people make choices. My point is that not everyone has the same choices. When the question of "why are black people in such a bad position" comes up. People like to throw up culture and choices as if black people have been working on equal footing with everyone else and just chose to be fucked up. That's not reality. A large percentage of our people have existed in poor situations thrust upon them. The choices they make and the culture that developed is a product of that.

It's not like it's unique to us. Look at the Italians and Irish in the 19th century and early 20th century. They weren't considered white and were treated like shit in America. Guess what? Their neighborhoods were violent and they had cultures that revolved around gangs and crime. Eventually, America extended whiteness to cover them, and their communities have been able to thrive. I posted an article written by this Asian chick exploring how Asians out west went from having poor and crime ridden communities to becoming the model minority. He conclusion was basically "white people stopped being as racist towards them."

The thing that people like Sowell and Owens get right is that during Reconstruction, black people were starting to thrive. We still faced challenges but considering that we had just come from being slaves, we were making good progress. The part they leave out is that only happened because the Federal government kept military units in the South and basically forced Southern whites to leave black people alone. When those units were pulled back, white people did everything the could to destroy whatever progress black people had made and put laws and practices in place meant specifically to keep black people down. Those practices have transformed over the years, but they still exist to some extent. So sure, we as black people can make better choices and clean up our culture, but that isn't going to save the day for us if we still have systematic measures in place to keep us from truly thriving.

The poverty rate amongst Black people was higher in the 1950s than today and yet the homicide rate and overall violent crime rate amongst Black communities was lower.

And then, you have almost 3 out of 4 Black children being born out of wedlock today as opposed to about 1 out of 4 in 1965 when the poverty rate was higher.

The single biggest predictor of crime rate in a community is the number of woman-led households, regardless of race.

A man raised in a single parent household is more likely to be convicted of a violent crime in his lifetime and less likely to graduate high school and this is across the board racially.

This is a clear cultural/value shift that can’t be readily assigned to poverty or racism because the Black nuclear family had better structure when there was MORE poverty and actual legalized racism in addition to de facto racism. It’s a value shift that has undeniable ramifications for the children who have to start from that position.

These are “conservative talking points” that I haven’t heard a good rebuttal to.

My boy! Been out here tryna figure life out. Got married and started a family along the way. Came back because I missed some of y’all crazy asses lmao. How you been? You still on the beats?
Bro that's amazing to hear! And for sure ! I'll tag you when I start releasing ton of projects that's starts the end of this month. ALWAYS valued your feedback Brodie. Welcome back bruh and wishing you and your family an prosperous one.

This guy has to be climbing up the list.

61U7g6qYEzL._SL500_.jpg

Coleman Hughes. Sowell was never nearly as much of a coon as this dude is right now.

Noooo man.

He iight tbh. He be on bill maher alot. i dont think he a coon. Jus gotta hear him out

The poverty rate amongst Black people was higher in the 1950s than today and yet the homicide rate and overall violent crime rate amongst Black communities was lower.

lol The drug epidemic didn't exist back then. That's been the driver of most of the violent crime in Black communities. We have evidence that the War on Drugs was started primarily to hurt black people (someone from Nixon's administration admitted it outright) and the Regan administration funneled money into the drug trade knowing that the drugs were being funneled into the black community (see Gary Webb's story).

And then, you have almost 3 out of 4 Black children being born out of wedlock today as opposed to about 1 out of 4 in 1965 when the poverty rate was higher.
This is a valid point against the culture.
The single biggest predictor of crime rate in a community is the number of woman-led households, regardless of race.

A man raised in a single parent household is more likely to be convicted of a violent crime in his lifetime and less likely to graduate high school and this is across the board racially.

This is a clear cultural/value shift that can’t be readily assigned to poverty or racism because the Black nuclear family had better structure when there was MORE poverty and actual legalized racism in addition to de facto racism. It’s a value shift that has undeniable ramifications for the children who have to start from that position.

These are “conservative talking points” that I haven’t heard a good rebuttal to.

We can agree that single parent households are to blame for woes in the community, but again you're ignoring context. People like Sowell will point out that reliance on welfare is what led to single parent households. What he fails to acknowledge is that 1) the poverty rate that resulted from Jim Crow and other racist actions is the reason that black people were so dependent on welfare and 2) the welfare reforms that led to things like black men basically being kicked out of black households was largely driven by conservatives that wanted to reduce the welfare program.

So again, does the culture play a role? Maybe, but whatever role it plays comes after we were already put in a hole. So where are you going to place the lion's share of the blame? On the think that put black people in the hole or the thing that has risen as a result of black people being in the hole.

lol The drug epidemic didn't exist back then. That's been the driver of most of the violent crime in Black communities. We have evidence that the War on Drugs was started primarily to hurt black people (someone from Nixon's administration admitted it outright) and the Regan administration funneled money into the drug trade knowing that the drugs were being funneled into the black community (see Gary Webb's story).

The War on Drugs as a means to stifle Black growth is real—but violent crime started to spike in inner cities in the mid 60s, prior to Nixon taking office. Even before that, there has been a racial gap in terms of homicide victimization and homicide arrests going back as far as the early 1900s. Even during the nadir of race relations, a Black man was more likely to be murdered by another Black man than by a white man or mob. This is corroborated by lynching data compiled by Tuskegee University through the 1960s. And while it is true for all racial groups that most crime is intraracial, a Black man has always been the most likely to be murdered and this murder has always been most likely to be at the hands of another Black man, even prior to the War on Drugs.

To me that adds another case against culture. Sowell argues that at one point 90% of Black people in America were enslaved in the South. As a result, we adopted a culture from rednecks that was more accepting of violence as a means of handling interpersonal disputes. Drugs added fuel to that fire that was already there.
We can agree that single parent households are to blame for woes in the community, but again you're ignoring context. People like Sowell will point out that reliance on welfare is what led to single parent households. What he fails to acknowledge is that 1) the poverty rate that resulted from Jim Crow and other racist actions is the reason that black people were so dependent on welfare and 2) the welfare reforms that led to things like black men basically being kicked out of black households was largely driven by conservatives that wanted to reduce the welfare program.

A personal or series of personal decisions leads to the creation of single parent households in most instances—before any governmental policy comes into place. If you have a culture that values nuclear family and adequately stigmatizes having children out of wedlock, then you’ll have less instances of it regardless of policy. Black America did at one point have somewhat of such a culture but it deteriorated sometime in the 60’s with the rise of the Black baby boomer generation.

If you are married with children, welfare raids aren’t a factor because you’re probably not eligible for welfare anyway.

So again, does the culture play a role? Maybe, but whatever role it plays comes after we were already put in a hole. So where are you going to place the lion's share of the blame? On the think that put black people in the hole or the thing that has risen as a result of black people being in the hole.

The only problem I have with this is, at what point can Black people turn the page?

Does the Black community have no hope of fixing what’s wrong with our neighborhoods without help from outside our communities? What happens if that help never comes?

Reparations may help. We should get reparations. But why WOULD we? What’s in it for them? What are the consequences for America at large if White America just flatly says “No”? If we’re being honest there are none. We’ll keep rushing to give them our discretionary income and the velocity of the Black dollar will remain the lowest of any community and the world will keep turning.

Bro that's amazing to hear! And for sure ! I'll tag you when I start releasing ton of projects that's starts the end of this month. ALWAYS valued your feedback Brodie. Welcome back bruh and wishing you and your family an prosperous one.

I appreciate that bro! Please do keep me tapped in when you drop.

The War on Drugs as a means to stifle Black growth is real—but violent crime started to spike in inner cities in the mid 60s, prior to Nixon taking office. Even before that, there has been a racial gap in terms of homicide victimization and homicide arrests going back as far as the early 1900s. Even during the nadir of race relations, a Black man was more likely to be murdered by another Black man than by a white man or mob. This is corroborated by lynching data compiled by Tuskegee University through the 1960s. And while it is true for all racial groups that most crime is intraracial, a Black man has always been the most likely to be murdered and this murder has always been most likely to be at the hands of another Black man, even prior to the War on Drugs.
All groups are subject to more intraracial violence than interracial violence. That's not unique to Black people. It's a function of access. This country is still pretty segregated. And again, black people have always been disproportionately impoverished in this country. Black people having more issues with violent crime even before the War on Drugs shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Crime and Violence are more closely correlated with socio-economic status than they are with race, so of course violence has always been more common in black communities even before the War on Drugs. The War on Drugs simple exacerbated the situation.

To me that adds another case against culture. Sowell argues that at one point 90% of Black people in America were enslaved in the South. As a result, we adopted a culture from rednecks that was more accepting of violence as a means of handling interpersonal disputes. Drugs added fuel to that fire that was already there.
Again, that's just ignoring the socio-economic side of things. Guess what? A lot of rednecks in the south are poor too, so why bend over backwards to connect that violence to some kind of weird crossover culture instead of to lack of resources and opportunities which have been shown to lead to violence throughout the entirety of recorded history and across all cultures. It doesn't matter where you go in the world, if you go to the poor part of that place, you will undoubtedly find more violent crime than in the rich part of that place.

A personal or series of personal decisions leads to the creation of single parent households in most instances—before any governmental policy comes into place. If you have a culture that values nuclear family and adequately stigmatizes having children out of wedlock, then you’ll have less instances of it regardless of policy. Black America did at one point have somewhat of such a culture but it deteriorated sometime in the 60’s with the rise of the Black baby boomer generation.

If you are married with children, welfare raids aren’t a factor because you’re probably not eligible for welfare anyway.
Again, I'm not discounting the idea that personal responsibility and culture have an impact on the status of black america. I'm simply pointing out that racism and poverty have hounded black people for our entire existence in this country and those things have put us into a position where we were vulnerable to making poor choices and led to the rise of a culture that revolves around the negative aspects of life that black people are disproportionately exposed to. Also, we haven't even acknowledged the fact that it's not even black people that push the culture to the degree it's pushed. People love bringing up rap, but ignore the fact that rap isn't as big as it is solely because black people like it.

The only problem I have with this is, at what point can Black people turn the page?

Does the Black community have no hope of fixing what’s wrong with our neighborhoods without help from outside our communities? What happens if that help never comes?

Reparations may help. We should get reparations. But why WOULD we? What’s in it for them? What are the consequences for America at large if White America just flatly says “No”? If we’re being honest there are none. We’ll keep rushing to give them our discretionary income and the velocity of the Black dollar will remain the lowest of any community and the world will keep turning.
Black people can fix our problems, but the responsibility for that can't be pushed solely onto us. We aren't the ones that put us in the hole. We shouldn't be expected to somehow climb out of it by ourselves. It's not asking to much to look to the country to take responsibility for what it's done to black people over the years and put effort into making amends. Reparations is necessary. It doesn't have to be money. In fact, I think money would be the cheap and less effective way of doing it. I think reparations should come in the form of a series of policies meant specifically to help black people and black communities.

I really think liberal/democrat coons get way too much of a pass…

Like it’s acceptable to tap dance for these white people over here but not these over here?

Perhaps
And I feel no black person should have to sacrifice their self-respect and dignity

But it’s a different level when you are cooning and tap dancing knowing that certain laws, policies and legislation will be harmful & have a detrimental impact on your community

Black conservatives/Republicans not only coon they actively hate their own people.

Last edited:
Crime and Violence are more closely correlated with socio-economic status than they are with race, so of course violence has always been more common in black communities even before the War on Drugs. The War on Drugs simple exacerbated the situation.
If it was that straightforward then why do Native Americans who have higher poverty rates and a similar median income to Black people but have a fraction of the violent crime rate?

Or how do you account for the fact that Black people in America have a higher homicide rate than many countries with lower standards of living/higher rates of poverty? Take Puerto Rico, higher poverty rates than Black America, lower murder rate. On a global level there’s not a 1:1 correlation between poverty rate and violent crime rate when you compare nations.

The fact is, not all people respond to poverty the same way and not all groups of people respond to poverty the same way.
Again, I'm not discounting the idea that personal responsibility and culture have an impact on the status of black america. I'm simply pointing out that racism and poverty have hounded black people for our entire existence in this country and those things have put us into a position where we were vulnerable to making poor choices and led to the rise of a culture that revolves around the negative aspects of life that black people are disproportionately exposed to. Also, we haven't even acknowledged the fact that it's not even black people that push the culture to the degree it's pushed. People love bringing up rap, but ignore the fact that rap isn't as big as it is solely because black people like it.

I agree with every word here tho. Especially the point that white owned media and record companies don’t get nearly the smoke they deserve for promoting and spreading Black degeneracy.
Black people can fix our problems, but the responsibility for that can't be pushed solely onto us. We aren't the ones that put us in the hole. We shouldn't be expected to somehow climb out of it by ourselves. It's not asking to much to look to the country to take responsibility for what it's done to black people over the years and put effort into making amends. Reparations is necessary. It doesn't have to be money. In fact, I think money would be the cheap and less effective way of doing it. I think reparations should come in the form of a series of policies meant specifically to help black people and black communities.

We have no leverage for reparations. Hispanics are on track to be the majority here by 2050. If another 250 years goes by with no reparations, (which in all likelihood will be the case), can Black America improve its station without significant outside support?

If it was that straightforward then why do Native Americans who have higher poverty rates and a similar median income to Black people but have a fraction of the violent crime rate?

Or how do you account for the fact that Black people in America have a higher homicide rate than many countries with lower standards of living/higher rates of poverty? Take Puerto Rico, higher poverty rates than Black America, lower murder rate. On a global level there’s not a 1:1 correlation between poverty rate and violent crime rate when you compare nations.

The fact is, not all people respond to poverty the same way and not all groups of people respond to poverty the same way.

lol Why are you comparing everything to Black people as if we're some kind of standard? Native Americans have a much higher violent crime rate than the national average. Puerto Rico has a higher violent crime rate than the U.S. national average. If you don't believe poverty correlates to violent crime, please give examples of countries where the crime rate among poor people isn't higher than the national average of that country.

You want to compare other groups directly to Black Americans as if they've experienced the same challenges as we have. That's not really the case, so it's not reasonable to expect them to match up with us exactly.

We have no leverage for reparations. Hispanics are on track to be the majority here by 2050. If another 250 years goes by with no reparations, (which in all likelihood will be the case), can Black America improve its station without significant outside support?

You could be right, but that doesn't mean it's not worth fighting for unless a better idea comes up for how we might reverse our fortunes.

Not sure about him yet. I see the grift, but not yet sure how dangerous it is.

Whoa. WTF....

I only kno bout dude from couple appearances on bill maher n cnn. He appeared level headed imo and said sum true things alotta blk dont like to hear n he made sum valid points.

But putting it in a rap video? Nah bruh. pass. I made it till the 2:25 mark. fohwtbs.

Dude lookin like he got some issues

imo he makes sum decent points. But i keep thinking myself "why is this dude making this race talk his full time job? Like really"

Like it feels like a wierd hill to die on.

lol Why are you comparing everything to Black people as if we're some kind of standard? Native Americans have a much higher violent crime rate than the national average. Puerto Rico has a higher violent crime rate than the U.S. national average. If you don't believe poverty correlates to violent crime, please give examples of countries where the crime rate among poor people isn't higher than the national average of that country.

You want to compare other groups directly to Black Americans as if they've experienced the same challenges as we have. That's not really the case, so it's not reasonable to expect them to match up with us exactly.
I’m comparing everybody to Black people because Black people are the subject of this particular discussion lol.

There is definitely a link between poverty and violent crime, but my point is the link isn’t as strong as you suggest. That’s why bringing up the violent crime rate of another historically oppressed group with a similar income rate is relevant. Not to say that Native Americans went through the same thing as us—I’m pointing to the similar economic standings but not so similar violent crime rates.

Further, if it was a straightforward connection, the relationship between the historical poverty rate and the historical crime rate of Black people would be correlated, but it’s not. There’s more to it. It boils down to individual choices which are made in a context.

You can (and should) add the context of the history of economic marginalization, racial oppression, and systemic distrust that molded this culture. And I’m right there with you when you factor in the fact that drug markets in Black communities were artificially saturated by the Government at a time when means of “legitimate“ business were limited due to systemic racism, creating clear economic incentives to delve in the criminal underworld that didn’t exist in other communities. I’m knowing!

But at the end of the day, most Black people aren’t in “the streets” and you know that. It’s just the fact that “context” drove enough of us to “the streets” to the point where the most dangerous part of most major American cities is one that is majority Black. There has to be some ownership that we take for that. If not, then it’s like saying we have no more agency for our own outcome today than our ancestors did during slavery.

Back