Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Does liking comics/science fiction/ nerd culture make you less street ?"

Does it

• Total voters
We got different definitions of the word nerd.

When I think of nerd I think of

View attachment 748955

Just a person that awkward and not good taking with others and that has no correlation of liking anime, games or even being smart.

I have first hand experience so it does not make you less street

To me, you just described a geek. Not a nerd. But that's just me. I'm prolly overcomplicating the shit.

Guess it might be a regional/city thing 'cause some of the nerdiest cats from Detroit got cases.

I don't discount dudes from The City that watch anime or read comics.

But I’m saying are these dudes that go to conventions and cosplay and etc.

you talmbout mega-nerds. That's different.

I'm talmbout cats that love anime, comic shits, computers, arguing about why their favorite hero got retconned in the comics 'cause he/she was too powerful and alladat. Dressing up and intentionally hittin' conventions is the line I don't think regular nerds cross.

I know a dude that was a kingpin level drug dealer and wound up doing 15 years in jail because of it and all that nigga did other than sell drugs was play video games and read manga. It actually worked out perfectly for him because nobody ever suspected he was doing what he was doing.

Funny I was thinking about this yesterday

Most so called “gangsta rappers” or “street niggas” are really the biggest nerds that put on a tough guy image to protect themselves. And they deny their “nerdy-ness”….being from Brooklyn, I can’t think of any nigga whether from the hood or from the suburbs that didn’t want to turn Super Saiyan…some people are comfortable with themselves and others aren’t. You can discern who is and who isn’t by how hard they try to act tough.

Most kids no matter their culture grew up watching spider man, x-men, Batman, DragonBallZ etc…it’s not really a culture thing it’s just something guys are generally into..

Anime used to be made fun of because it was mostly seen as new and cheesy but now it’s the wave and everybody swears they was with us watching Yu-GI-Oh…

I said no in the poll. But all the dudes I know that are into that stuff are not street at all. Maybe in they youth they were "street". But street negros I know, they hobby is the streets. Playing video games was down time in between the street shit popping off. Maybe I need to change my poll answers 🤔.

Funny I was thinking about this yesterday

Most so called “gangsta rappers” or “street niggas” are really the biggest nerds that put on a tough guy image to protect themselves. And they deny their “nerdy-ness”….being from Brooklyn, I can’t think of any nigga whether from the hood or from the suburbs that didn’t want to turn Super Saiyan…some people are comfortable with themselves and others aren’t. You can discern who is and who isn’t by how hard they try to act tough.

Most kids no matter their culture grew up watching spider man, x-men, Batman, DragonBallZ etc…it’s not really a culture thing it’s just something guys are generally into..

Anime used to be made fun of because it was mostly seen as new and cheesy but now it’s the wave and everybody swears they was with us watching Yu-GI-Oh…

Bruh... We grew up watching anime from the 70's through the 90's. Battle Of The Planets (Science Ninja Team Gatchaman), Starblazers (Space Battleship Yamato), Voltron, Captain Harlock, Robotech (Macross, Calvary Southern Cross, Genesis Climber Mospeada), and a whole grip of others. Then when the 90's hit, and cats got to college and had jobs and shit, dudes got into the shit on VHS.

Anime been in the hood for a hot minute already and dudes was indulging in it long before Yu-Gi-Oh.

it actually didn't if he got 15yrs

:hahaha:

dead-deceased.gif

There’s nothing admirable about the streets that being someone who is into Syfi and Animie should feel less than for choosing that route. Most street niggaz are a few moments from crying in a closet alone with a pistol in their mouth because of something totally not worth that anguish.

Bruh... We grew up watching anime from the 70's through the 90's. Battle Of The Planets (Science Ninja Team Gatchaman), Starblazers (Space Battleship Yamato), Voltron, Captain Harlock, Robotech (Macross, Calvary Southern Cross, Genesis Climber Mospeada), and a whole grip of others. Then when the 90's hit, and cats got to college and had jobs and shit, dudes got into the shit on VHS.

Anime been in the hood for a hot minute already and dudes was indulging in it long before Yu-Gi-Oh.

I know it goes way back but there was definitely a golden era in the 90’s where anime “took over”…Toonami played a huge role in opening those doors

I know those here older than me knows how far it goes back

A “geek” is someone who is really enthusiastic, or even obsessively interested in whatever field they like and are into. Often associated with tech but it doesn’t have to be.

It can be comic books, sports, or craftsmanship. They’re simply fanatics that are super into whatever they are into….most people are “geeks” about something. Whether seen as cool or uncool…

They’re often associated with nerds because of the social awkwardness. Which is why they seem the same.

A nerd is just someone who is known for being socially awkward yet also an intellectual who has non-social hobbies

In the end what other people think doesn’t matter

Back