Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Only Consider Black People Born In The States Black?

Caribbean people are some of the proudest people on earth that's why I know nobody would say no shit like this. No matter the island.

I actually feel that high school shit started a lot of problems African Americans have with the rest of the diaspora but now that niggaz is grown it's just jokes lol. As you can see a lotta them immigrants hate y'all guts now lmao

Busta from VA!

Yeah niggas can't pretend it was all love and foreigners didn't catch jokes based on bad American TV version of islanders. I sideeye when I see folks pretend that didn't happen. But as an adult if you still holding onto that get some therapy.

Yeah niggas can't pretend it was all love and foreigners didn't catch jokes based on bad American TV version of islanders. I sideeye when I see folks pretend that didn't happen. But as an adult if you still holding onto that get some therapy.

It wasn't all love and unity when Jamaican emigrated to America early on (especially for the kids). American kids and teens dissed them for the clothes they wore, the way they talked, the food they ate, etc. That's why a lot of them tried to assimilate to Black American culture (and yes Black American have their own culture).

Also the older Jamaicans were seen as a threat because they were working multiple jobs and American Blacks felt they were taking and having to compete for job opportunities.

This person is fake and pretentious

Fuck all them fba motherfuckas

Something fake about them yo

Carry on

I think its wrong to say fuck all of them. There is merit to advocating to american descendants of slaves. Our experience is not the same as black people who've only ben in this country for a generation. I'm not about pushing division between various groups of black people, but there is a difference and that should be acknowledged.

I think its wrong to say fuck all of them. There is merit to advocating to american descendants of slaves. Our experience is not the same as black people who've only ben in this country for a generation. I'm not about pushing division between various groups of black people, but there is a difference and that should be acknowledged.
yeah plus u should establish fba/ados as an ethnic group if u want to strengthen the argument for reparations

Black people in America deserve their reparations and mofos always keep trying to avoid/distort/degrade the argument that this debt should be paid

historically the US has always been quick to make everyone else whole, even mofos in other countries who didn't even live in the US

but too much wealth has been built on the literal backs of Black people in the US to where it's truly a crime that FBAs still haven't received their 40 acres and a mule (with inflation)

• Ether
Reactions: GNS

The division they promote is very hypotrical because the connections run deep.

They treating outsiders like we some culture vultures.

Nah yo. We ain't tryna take they shit.
We not tryna get a piece of no reparations.
If they gonna show connections of how certain cultures started in America then be objective and show the same connections that run deeper.

The division they promote is very hypotrical because the connections run deep.

They treating outsiders like we some culture vultures.

Nah yo. We ain't tryna take they shit.
We not tryna get a piece of no reparations.
If they gonna show connections of how certain cultures started in America then be objective and show the same connections that run deeper.

Again, I don't think everyone that advocates purely for African Americans is trying to bash non-AA black people. They are just trying protect AA identity and advocate for AA interests.

Just look at Hip Hop. When you have Puerto Rican and Jamaican people coming along trying to claim more credit for the creation of Hip Hop than they deserve, it's not hypocrisy for AA people who were there when it was created to come out and shut that narrative down.

I believe AAs should work more to connect to other groups in the western hemisphere. A lot of us be on this "Back to Africa" shit and skip all the way over groups of black people that are more closely connected to us than African. That said just like Jamaican, Haitians, Dominicans, Arubans, etc... all have their own histories and cultures, so do AAs, and it's not fair to expect us to share our history and culture with every other group of black people as if all black people had equal part in building that history and culture.

Again, I don't think everyone that advocates purely for African Americans is trying to bash non-AA black people. They are just trying protect AA identity and advocate for AA interests.
This is true but in order to do this we shed the word African and label ourselves black Americans for accuracy. Elon Musk and Charlize Theron are also African Americans. Nuff said

African American is only about a 40-year-old term anyway. It didn't age well for us

Don't be deliberately obtuse. There have been previous iterations of this kind of movement, and this is by far the most extreme. These guys go well beyond recognizing the distinctiveness of African American history, culture and experiences and the special claims on the American government (for reparatory justice, e.g.) that these engender. These guys positively hate non-American blacks. That is what is distinctive about these FBA clowns.

Don't be deliberately obtuse. There have been previous iterations of this kind of movement, and this is by far the most extreme. These guys go well beyond recognizing the distinctiveness of African American history, culture and experiences and the special claims on the American government (for reparatory justice, e.g.) that these engender. These guys positively hate non-American blacks. That is what is distinctive about these FBA clowns.

I don't know what you're talking about man. I can't say that there aren't any AAs that hate non-American blacks.

The worst I've seen is people with a "If it's fuck me nigga, then it's fuck you too" type mentality because they believe that non-American blacks look down on American blacks.

Back