Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Do you feel your vote matters?

I gotta say I'm pretty happy to have gone through life on the internet so far without ever once having to post a video of some random guy on youtube to validate my perspective.

Voting does matter on a local level, but we as a people need to understand that as a group we should not be voting for a candidate without an agenda, and we have to demand the candidate actually STATE what they will do for us BEFORE they can get our vote.

We fall for this shit time and time again. Glad this thread was made. Here's some videos that were just made a few days ago about this very topic:

TBA rips Oprah for trying to shame people to vote and she wasn't even talking to black people! LOL

""controlled opposition""
is the term used to describe “leaders” who arrive on the scene and offer us amazing nuggets of truth. These “facts” either wow us (or confirm something we subconsciously knew, but wanted confirmation). As a result, these pied pipers get us to follow them like heroes – like a cult.

Vladimir Lenin said it best, “The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves.”

""controlled opposition""
is the term used to describe “leaders” who arrive on the scene and offer us amazing nuggets of truth. These “facts” either wow us (or confirm something we subconsciously knew, but wanted confirmation). As a result, these pied pipers get us to follow them like heroes – like a cult.

Ironically the second video talked about "controlled opposition".

Let me ask you. Have you put that same thought into these candidates that come out of the blue?

Young brotha just knocked on me door. Asked me if I was voting for whitmer. I told him I already voted

He said may I ask, Rep or Dem.
I said neither

Homie looked confused, said ok and walked away.

Yes.....I know it's hard to believe but there really are more choices than just those two parties. smh

Im votin libertarian and its makin everyone mad.

Libertarians said they wanna legalize weed so thats my ppl.

Except Sec or State im votin for the black dem woman

So did I

I like the fact that they want to overturn the sentences of those who are already serving time if it's legalized.

I also like that they are about restoring an ex prisoners rights once they have been freed. I mean if you don't give someone the basic rights as everyone else than most likely they will go back to doing the same shit just to survive. Not to mention it disproportionately affects us as a community.

They are for reducing government spending and reach. Giving more power to the people over the school systems and a pro 2A.

Ironically the second video talked about "controlled opposition".

Let me ask you. Have you put that same thought into these candidates that come out of the blue?

They didn't come from out the blue tho
A lil research and you'll see they have been within their respective communities.

Meanwhile....we have conscious hustlers,con-artists,charlatans, and demagogues that don't have a damn thing to show for all their talk. Except for bigger bank account$. Always quick to tell us what we shouldn't do and who we should like or care about

But more than eager to have us subscribe to their channels so they can get those fat YouTube check$$,donate money to their GoFundME,donate money to their patreon, go out and buy their DVDs, and be sure to buy their new R&B album and give them money for schools that will never be built

They didn't come from out the blue tho
A lil research and you'll see they have been within their respective communities.

So what did those candidates in their respective communities say they were going to do? What tangibles did they promise?

I actually bumped into someone that was running for mayor 3 months ago in my area. He wanted me to vote for him. I asked him flat out what his agenda was for black people in the city. (Yes the candidate was black.) He danced around the question. I told him I would not vote for him based on he answered. My vote went to someone else, because he stated what his agenda was.

Again voting locally is VERY important, but do not vote for someone what knowing what's coming in return. They are supposed to work for us, not the other way around, and this is where we mess up.

Just don't give a vote without getting something back that's going to benefit the group.

The laws,policy and legislation that a candidate supports or doesn't support is out there. You have a $1000 plus piece of technology in your hand right now, you were can easily research what issues and polices what candidate or representative stands for.

All this talk about ""I don't want to vote blindly"", ""How will I benefit,""Where's the agenda for me and mine"" etc,etc, is nothing but laziness and a convenient excuse to sit on the fence and do nothing

Its funny that ppl say your vote counts then tell u voting independent is a wasted vote. What a contradiction.

When in reality the mass of ppl blindly voting to one party every single election are the ones doing mass disservice to the system that only allows 1 of 2 parties to win every time.

The laws,policy and legislation that a candidate supports or doesn't support is out there. You have a $1000 plus piece of technology in your hand right now, you were can easily research what issues and polices what candidate or representative stands for.

All this talk about ""I don't want to vote blindly"", ""How will I benefit,""Where's the agenda for me and mine"" etc,etc, is nothing but laziness and a convenient excuse to sit on the fence and do nothing

I already have done this a while ago for my area.plus I just stated I voted, but you're trying to disagree for the hell of it.

You have your opinion, I have mine. That's it.

Last edited:
Its funny that ppl say your vote counts then tell u voting independent is a wasted vote. What a contradiction.

When in reality the mass of ppl blindly voting to one party every single election are the ones doing mass disservice to the system that only allows 1 of 2 parties to win every time.

There are other alternatives. People don't have to choose just between 2 parties. Spot on fam.

Last edited:
This has become such a sore topic with me.

"Vote like your life depends on it"
"If you dont vote you can't complain"
"Our ancestors died for this"

Problem is black folk think casting a ballot is the end all be all. Thereby they "did something". But since most dont research they really dont know wtf they just did.

I believe they attacked our ancestors for voting ,like another poster said, for in their bigoted minds having the audacity to think of themselves as equals.

But given the benefit of the doubt, if it was to negate the power of the black vote, they sure worked around that little problem by giving us a reformed demoratic party huh? A party that talks but doesn't deliver and often times works against our best interest behind closed doors.

Niggaz will preach voting but wont go to PTA meetings

Niggaz will preach voting but wont go to jury duty

Niggaz wil preach voting but wont form a PAC

Niggaz will.....you know what, fuck it I'm done. Bout to sip this Ballentine and cuss at 2k19

This has become such a sore topic with me.

"Vote like your life depends on it"
"If you dont vote you can't complain"
"Our ancestors died for this"

Problem is black folk think casting a ballot is the end all be all.
Thereby they "did something". But since most dont research they really dont know wtf they just did.

I believe they attacked our ancestors for voting ,like another poster said, for in their bigoted minds having the audacity to think of themselves as equals.

But given the benefit of the doubt, if it was to negate the power of the black vote, they sure worked around that little problem by giving us a reformed demoratic party huh? A party that talks but doesn't deliver and often times works against our best interest behind closed doors.

Niggaz will preach voting but wont go to PTA meetings

Niggaz will preach voting but wont go to jury duty

Niggaz wil preach voting but wont form a PAC

Niggaz will.....you know what, fuck it I'm done. Bout to sip this Ballentine and cuss at 2k19

Literally no one thinks that.

Wait hold up.. you're voluntarily drinking balentine as an adult in 2018?

They still make that shit? Is it in a 40oz or do they sell it in cans where you live? I have more questions. Do they still put the rebus puzzle in the cap? Did you have to stand outside the liquor store and bribe a bum to buy it for you? Ballentine? Really? Does it still taste like the paper bag you gotta drink it out of so you don't get a ticket?

Goddamn were they out of O.E.? No St Ides? King Cobra? Colt 45?

Cisco?

The bold is the biggest fucking lie and bullshit to be parroted for so long its sad.

Hillary won the popular vote in a landslide. Also she lost in swing states where she didn't campaign enough. Swing states are that for a reason because they are heavy WHITE areas. Black people not changing shit in those swing state areas where Hillary lost. Hillary lost because she was a shit candidate and SHE didn't campaign in enough in those areas. That shit didn't have got damn thing to do with black people in those areas. That shit is and was 100% Hillary's fault.

Literally no one thinks that.

Wait hold up.. you're voluntarily drinking balentine as an adult in 2018?

They still make that shit? Is it in a 40oz or do they sell it in cans where you live? I have more questions. Do they still put the rebus puzzle in the cap? Did you have to stand outside the liquor store and bribe a bum to buy it for you? Ballentine? Really? Does it still taste like the paper bag you gotta drink it out of so you don't get a ticket?

Goddamn were they out of O.E.? No St Ides? King Cobra? Colt 45?

Cisco?

Nigga fuck the talk. Meet me on 7 mile if you feel a way

Back