Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Do you feel your vote matters?

Lmaoooo it’s actually not basically the equivalent

Even if we operate on voting is the most important thing, this is such a simplication of the voting process

As a collective, we have supported candidates who’ve come through and gave us hope. So to say “oh the country the way it is cause of you not voting” is such an elementary argument. I think some of Us actually believe we have to vote for basic rights. People actually think reparations is a conversation. Or laughably, that it should be repayed in the form of an 15th best education in the world. Bring a better argument than fear when you start telling people why they should vote.

I think my right to vote is important. In 2004, Diddy had the vote or die campaign so we having the same conversation when we’ve already shown since that we would vote.

Most important part of voting is the organization part. That’s what they not saying. They let it seem like it’s popularity that wins by dumbing it down. Why Chinatown so nice aesthetically and mlk boulevard always some bullshit

Bro your people vote the most percentage wise.

What you mean as a collective?
How can you or anyone else say something like when you know for a fact the majority of black people DO NOT vote??

And this is not my opinion but a statistical fact on the black community voter turn out.
(And before anyone mention it, Obama's election was the ""exception not the rule"" because the following mid-term elections the black voting rate was damn near at an all time low)

The problem is long term consistency, and that we don't fund our own.

The point being made is that he shouldn't have won in the first place and he won because everyone decided to stay home and not vote, they assumed Hillary would win and Trump was a troll. They said there was nothing in it for them, well there really isn't going to be when Trump is done with them.

I don't think people are realizing how had Trump's policies are gonna be for minorities (black people, women and Hispanics) in the long term or how hard it's gonna be to undo them for the next party in office (assuming a Democrat wins).

The bold is the biggest fucking lie and bullshit to be parroted for so long its sad.

Hillary won the popular vote in a landslide. Also she lost in swing states where she didn't campaign enough. Swing states are that for a reason because they are heavy WHITE areas. Black people not changing shit in those swing state areas where Hillary lost. Hillary lost because she was a shit candidate and SHE didn't campaign in enough in those areas. That shit didn't have got damn thing to do with black people in those areas. That shit is and was 100% Hillary's fault.

The two party system is bullshit, and people don't pay attention to alternatives. Black ppl voting democrat because and white ppl voting republocan just because.

I'm more mad at my ppl because the dems don't even really promise us shit anymore. They just do a few photo ops and interviews. We haven't held them to task on a damn thing. We like political side bitches.

Ppl are moronic and on autopilot at this point. What good is your vote if you don't research who the fuck you're voting for? Did you check their voting record to make sure their actions align with their words? Oh they're going to do this and this, but did they present a sound plan on how to do it?

And ppl need to get off their self righteous high horse against ppl who choose not to participate in the fuck shit. Who are you to tell somebody they're wrong for exercising their free will? Do you takw responsibility for the shit candadite you voted for when they start fucking up?

I ain't voting red or blue but I'm voting.

ballotpedia and votesmart.org are helpful tools for researching shit like that

because fuck it whatever happens happens is not a belief system based on any solid ground
I never said anything like that.

I said im voting libertarian because they are calling for expunging weed criminal records and legalizing weed. That directly effects me.

That gets my support.

Thats what i said.. but thats what most of libertarians and these independents amount too. silly single issues like legalization

.... silly single issues like legalization
Legalization is not a silly issue.

Prisons still filling up courts/police resources are being wasted

Translates into billion dollar business.

Once weed is downgraded from Sched 1 drug it can be researched for medical purposes and used as a substitute to treat opiod addiction

If your vote didnt matter,gerrymandering, voter suppression efforts wouldnt be a thing..

They recognized this years ago people use to get shot, bombed,maimed... all you gotta do now is walk up to the spot and push a few buttons there is no sacrifice you have to make. There is no room for apathy ever..and we should know this more than any one else..You cant have rays boom boom room dreams without representation..

No dems or reps are running on legalization.

Only libertarians are on my ballot

So nothing else is of consequence but the legalization/decriminalization of

1.gif

Voting does matter on a local level, but we as a people need to understand that as a group we should not be voting for a candidate without an agenda, and we have to demand the candidate actually STATE what they will do for us BEFORE they can get our vote.

We fall for this shit time and time again. Glad this thread was made. Here's some videos that were just made a few days ago about this very topic:

TBA rips Oprah for trying to shame people to vote and she wasn't even talking to black people! LOL

Lol sometimes this shit is hilarious

"GET OUT AND VOTE!!"

"No not that one this one!!"

Im all for encouraging ppl to be engaged and take part in the right to vote but that condescending bullshit when they dont vote exactly how you want them to is trash

Im tired how whiny people are .. "shaming" .. condescending however you want to categorize it.. i mean i dont have many expectations for anyone white because growing up ive come to observe many people not really caring about too much of anything of significance regarding the world at large

but you know what more hurtful than.. shaming/and condescension its actual policys that can affect "quality of life" among other things

If there is no Black agenda, it’s pointless

This guys gets it.

tenor.gif

You would think after Obama (Yes I said it. No I'm not fucking Republican) and Hilary Clinton (who's emails stated not to answer questions concerning black issues.) that we as a people would get this. DO NOT VOTE until that candidate can sit down with the community and we demand to know what will be done for us in exchange for our vote, and gives SPECIFICS. It's "Quid Quo Pro" (Do for me, and I'll do for you and This for that.) In other words, we need to get something TANGIBLE(S)!) The Asians and other groups understand this well.

Choose your candidates from YOUR OWN ranks, not that was given to you like Kamala Harris, and Andrew Gillum, then vet them. Check out the 1st video in my previous post, he breaks the game down. Here's the video again with the time stamp at 14:14

Last edited:
Im tired how whiny people are .. "shaming" .. condescending however you want to categorize it.. i mean i dont have many expectations for anyone white because growing up ive come to observe many people not really caring about too much of anything of significance regarding the world at large

but you know what more hurtful than.. shaming/and condescension its actual policys that can affect "quality of life" among other things
Cosign bolded

Back