Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Do You Believe Hollywood Makes Black Actors Perform Certain Embarrassing Rituals To Advance Their Careers?

test

What’s your opinion?

• Total voters
I say it’s some truth to it.

At a certain point it just seems unnecessary.
Kev kissing the rock was not needed.
Kev being humped by Shaq wasn’t needed.
Kev in the serious role was growth.

Do any person white or black do these things once the have their own production company just cuz they think it’s funny? Maybe not as much.

Sometimes the dress shot or gay shit by black actors are just not needed.

Now behind the scenes.

The casting couch exists

To expound, they never (for the most part) have to deal with the buck breaking; that black men had to deal with. So mentioning Robin Williams playing Mrs Doubtfire as a gotcha doesn’t work.
Plus in Ms doubt fire he did it to see his kids. The story of a heart broken father doing whatever tk see his kids.
But ving rhames getting rape md in pulp fiction wasn’t needed. Nor was too wong foo and now she’s apart of the mission impossible universe

Yes

This nigga Terry Crews said he let 5”5 white guy
Grab his dick and balls and fondle him in front of his wife

And he didn’t go crazy cuz he was basically afraid to lose opportunities

If fam was bold enough to do that to him at a party full of ppl and in front of his wife ain’t no telling what goes on in the back ground

It's not a meritocracy though. It doesn't matter how hard working you are, how smart you are, or how talented you are. It's all about connections and knowing the right people. You even see it in corporate America where incompetent people climb up the ladder and become VPs just by knowing the right people (i.e.: brother in law to the CEO, went to college with the CEO, etc.)

Many of these guys who own production studios are racist and don't see black people as equal. So it sorta makes sense that they'll force them to do some embarrassing shit.

I know it's not a meritocracy. But I don't subscribe to the "every famous Black person had to do some weird shit to get on" theory.

It's not a meritocracy though. It doesn't matter how hard working you are, how smart you are, or how talented you are. It's all about connections and knowing the right people. You even see it in corporate America where incompetent people climb up the ladder and become VPs just by knowing the right people (i.e.: brother in law to the CEO, went to college with the CEO, etc.)

Many of these guys who own production studios are racist and don't see black people as equal. So it sorta makes sense that they'll force them to do some embarrassing shit.

Denzel or Samuel L never wore a dress tho. I don’t think Laurence Fishburne or Morgan Freeman.

Back