Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Do You Believe Hollywood Makes Black Actors Perform Certain Embarrassing Rituals To Advance Their Careers?

test

What’s your opinion?

• Total voters
You can’t make someone put on a dress and act stereotypically like a woman. That’s their decision. How as far as doing certain rituals because they’re available to be done? Yes I believe that’s the case.

We talk about it on this site repeatedly about how the world aims to reduce the ways in which black men can flourish and destroy our reputations for the hell of it. So it is a thing, but it’s not just specific to only black men. Chris Evans, Patrick Swayze and a plethora of white men have worn dresses, but that’s just Hollywood in general.

You gotta let a white exec suck you off or fondle you to get put on and stay on

Those the rules

Terry crews was dancing like a gorilla every movie until he turned homie down at the party

Next movie was that John Henry bullshit
I feel his shit took off after he said that shit.

I could be wrong and got the timeline messed up

No and I think people who believe that seem to not realize they are basically saying that no Black person is talented enough to be successful without doing something foul. Which shits on Black folks as a whole instead of trying to be this expose people think it is
It's not a meritocracy though. It doesn't matter how hard working you are, how smart you are, or how talented you are. It's all about connections and knowing the right people. You even see it in corporate America where incompetent people climb up the ladder and become VPs just by knowing the right people (i.e.: brother in law to the CEO, went to college with the CEO, etc.)

Many of these guys who own production studios are racist and don't see black people as equal. So it sorta makes sense that they'll force them to do some embarrassing shit.

Humiliation rituals happen in the regular workplace to white men so why do some of yall think for a second it's not happening in Hollyweird to black men?

As if #metoo never happened. Making niggas put on a dress is on the low end of fuckshit going on.

I don't know about rituals per se and I wouldn't even limit the question to just black actors.
I think anything related to fame and fortune in the entertainment industry be it Hollywood or the music industry where the influence and power of gatekeepers is sometimes paramount, would inevitably involve those in power abusing it as such to those who want to believe that they must comply to advance their careers.

Christian Keyes recently come out talking about being pressed for sexual advances to further his career, Terry Crews had his genitals fondled by some white exec in public according to his accusations, and you may look at this slightly differently, but how much of the stuff Cassie endured with Diddy was down to her pursuing her fame. Granted they were in a "relationship", but remember her civil lawsuit wasn't just against Diddy but the label corporations too i.e. bad boy records, epic records etc.

An excerpt from vulture article:

Diddy first expressed romantic interest in Cassie in 2006, the lawsuit claims, when his makeup artist mentioned that he was “interested.” Soon after, the young star is said to have been drawn into his jet-setting, drug-fueled lifestyle.

“Every time she hid, Mr. Combs’s vast network of corporations and affiliated entities found her, and those who worked for Mr. Combs’s companies implored her to return to him,” the filing stated. “Many went as far as to explicitly state that her failure to return to Mr. Combs would hinder her success in the entertainment industry.”

also I think when "the fappening" happened and a lot of celebrities' nudes were exposed, I refuse to believe that was solely a personal hack of those celebrities' cloud accounts. I think some of them have been known pass around in the industry and those nudes were floating around amongst inner circles for a while before it became public, plus after the Weinstein scandal, we know that he was pressing even the highest A star actresses too (some which probably became A list through him making them so in their formative years). Whether those that complied were willing participants to get to the top or not, I'm pretty sure most that had to sleep with him to further their career would have done so under certain duress.

It seem we livin' the American Dream,
But the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem,
The prettiest people do the ugliest things,
For the road to riches and diamond rings

~Kanye West, All Falls Down~

Back