Welcome To aBlackWeb

do videos of Black folks dying on camera help or harm?

Does it happen as often?

:ohshit:

i think youre missing the point. example, remember when those two white journalist were shot and killed on camera and the media refused to show it? but had walter scotts lynching on loop? why are white ppl granted agency and autonomy postmortem but Black ppl are not?

white ppl have died en masse and the media never showed their bodies but let it be one of us in the hood or africa or iran, its primetime news...

ask yourself why are deceased Black and Brown bodies so politically palatable and readily available for consumption?

Tbh, in this country we're looked at as joke. In media, music, sports, & movies. White people are protected and wanted be perceived as holy grail. They steal pieces of black culture and try to pass it off as their own shit but don't give the originators of those ideas any credit.

can we also agree that there needs to be a radical transformation on the word “human”

only white ppl are seen as full human beings.
thats why you never see their corpse on tv.

i think youre missing the point. example, remember when those two white journalist were shot and killed on camera and the media refused to show it? but had walter scotts lynching on loop? why are white ppl granted agency and autonomy postmortem but Black ppl are not?

white ppl have died en masse and the media never showed their bodies but let it be one of us in the hood or africa or iran, its primetime news...
I get your point and what I’m saying is that we need to see who these people are that are doing the killings. We’ve had injustices but we’ve had our fair share of justice because their actions were leaked.

Lastly they control the narrative so of course at the end of the day they won’t show their kind being slaughtered, and we know justice will be served for them anyway.

Niggas pain and trauma has been used for this nation s entertainment way too long....I don’t want to see the shit but I also don’t mind seeing it ....it does give us visual evidence of the fuckery....the issue is the videos being broadcasted all willy nilly leads to absolutely nothing as far punitive action against the aggressors

If the video of the instant didn't get out to the people we would not know what happened. Take what happened to young man in GA. Without that video he was just running away from stealing something per what the crackas said. The video showed that was a lie.

Do I want to see death on a video (any color of the person) no but sometimes it's needed

I get your point and what I’m saying is that we need to see who these people are that are doing the killings. We’ve had injustices but we’ve had our fair share of justice because their actions were leaked.

Lastly they control the narrative so of course at the end of the day they won’t show their kind being slaughtered, and we know justice will be served for them anyway.

what is justice? because justice to me is the complete eradication of the violation and the violator. so a jail sentence without police change, means nothing to me. jailtime without dismantling and overhauling local police departments means nothing to me. the violation (racism) and the paid violators (police) is still intact. business as usual.

Black ppl can control their own images and narratives. we have the ability to.

Last edited:
what is justice? because justice to is the complete eradication of the violation and the violator. so a jail sentence without police change, means nothing to me. jailtime without dismantling and overhauling local police departments means nothing to me. the violation (racism) and the paid violators (police) is still intact. business as usual.

Black ppl can control their own images and narratives. we have the ability to.
Had it not been for that video no way the cop is even charged regarding that Laquan McDonald shit

If the video of the instant didn't get out to the people we would not know what happened. Take what happened to young man in GA. Without that video he was just running away from stealing something per what the crackas said. The video showed that was a lie.

Do I want to see death on a video (any color of the person) no but sometimes it's needed
Also factor that the DA or law enforcement prolly had the vid for a minute.....only reason why action will more than likely be taken is because of the proliferation of the video

ok so we saw the video, now what?

you watched another Black man die for nothing, over nothing, you talked about it on social media, and now what?

and if his murderers receive jailtime, IF, what do we do about the countless others that will happen after him?

Had it not been for that video no way the cop is even charged regarding that Laquan McDonald shit

you live in chitown right? police brutality is rampant and has been for centuries! that one case, or a couple of cases shouldn't make you comfortable with the current state of things nor make you feel like its grounds to continue to see Black ppl dying on camera.

if the video made way for an internal probe of the CPD and forced out cop corruption, then sure, lets applaud

but it didnt.

Stopped watching them years ago. Too much of a bad trigger. I get the thought process behind the "why" people feel the need to share them but ultimately unless they result in some sort of actual consequences, which they rarely if ever do, then it's pointless and just fodder for racist assholes to create memes and gifs to use.

you live in chitown right? police brutality is rampant and has been for centuries, that one case, or a couple of cases shouldn't make you comfortable with the current state of things nor make you feel like its grounds to continue to see Black ppl dying on camera.

if the video made way for an internal probe of the CPD and forced out cop corruption, then sure, lets applaud

but it didnt.
Lol I ain’t falling for it we basically saying the same and the Labuan McDonald led to an investigation of the CPD by the Justice Department... idk what conclusion they arrived to though I’d need to look it up

Back